Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 12:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
I was born in the early 1990s (1992 to be exact) and people classify those during the Reagan/H.W. Bush/Clinton years as "millenials". I don't want to be lumped with the millenials as I have nothing in common with them. I don't watch stupid stuff like Jersey Shore or listen to Justin Bieber. Plus I prefer face to face interaction rather than spending hours texting on the phone (even to people right next to you). Just go to a coffee shop or a cafe these days. You'll see tons of them glued to their smartphones.
My kids are Millennials. They don't watch stupid stuff either, have never listened to Bieber, and are doing quite well in their careers.

Personally, I find the majority of Millennials to be bright, hard-working and very creative. They job hop, but I understand why.

Don't be afraid to be called a Millennial just because there's a percentage of self-entitled crybabies. I'm fine with being a baby boomer even though some are real curmudgeons and unfairly blast all of your generation. They're a small handful and don't represent the majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 12:03 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
Quote:
I was born in the early 1990s (1992 to be exact) and people classify those during the Reagan/H.W. Bush/Clinton years as "millenials". I don't want to be lumped with the millenials as I have nothing in common with them. I don't watch stupid stuff like Jersey Shore or listen to Justin Bieber. Plus I prefer face to face interaction rather than spending hours texting on the phone (even to people right next to you). Just go to a coffee shop or a cafe these days. You'll see tons of them glued to their smartphones.
Haha...wanting recognition/validation. Such a millennial thing for you to do.

Just taking the **** out of you. I'm indisputably a millennial, being born in 1990, and I couldn't care less about the millennial hate. Every generation does it to the following generations.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:05 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,610,184 times
FYI, there is nothing wrong with listening to Bieber if you are under the age of 12. My daughter likes some of his stuff.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:07 PM

39,194 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I pegged you for someone much older!
yeah, I should be one of the baby boomers.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:09 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
FYI, there is nothing wrong with listening to Bieber if you are under the age of 12. My daughter likes some of his stuff.
My husband loves Bieber, and he's a grown ass man. But then again he also loves One Direction, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, and Ariana Grande.

Road trips are hard with him.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:10 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,610,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
My husband loves Bieber, and he's a grown ass man. But then again he also loves One Direction, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, and Ariana Grande.

Road trips are hard with him.
I almost spit out my lunch. You just listed everything on my daughter's playlist. LOL.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:13 PM

I remember one dude once told me, he thought I was a 60 year old white woman. I am actually a mutt who was born in 1985!

Old 05-16-2017, 01:03 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,308,428 times
They all melt, especially at the beginning and end of each. I am at beginning of the Boomer Generation. What do I remember about WW2 and the "Greatest Generation:? That war ended before I was born.

My older daughter was born in 1979. Cusp of Gen X and Millenial. What does she have in common with someone born in the late 60's? They are old enough to be her parents.

My younger daughter born in 1984 fully embraces the Millenial Generation although she is born at the beginning of it. Her husband only 2 years (still a Millenial) older but insists he is not of that generation. He has siblings born right in the throes of Gen X so he identifies more with that.

I guess it is more of a mindset than precise year of birth.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
They all melt, especially at the beginning and end of each. I am at beginning of the Boomer Generation. What do I remember about WW2 and the "Greatest Generation:? That war ended before I was born.

My older daughter was born in 1979. Cusp of Gen X and Millenial. What does she have in common with someone born in the late 60's? They are old enough to be her parents.

My younger daughter born in 1984 fully embraces the Millenial Generation although she is born at the beginning of it. Her husband only 2 years (still a Millenial) older but insists he is not of that generation. He has siblings born right in the throes of Gen X so he identifies more with that.

I guess it is more of a mindset than precise year of birth.
Interesting

I get along with a lot of older people. My grandpa was my role model growing up. He taught me how to run a successful business; he also taught me how to trade stocks, etc. He took me to a lot of business meetings, so I met older folks whom I can respect and like or even love.

Age only matters to me when it comes to dating. Other than that, I get along with people my age and those much older than me. My 6 year old nephews also consider me as the best aunt in the world. I think you can learn from everybody around you.

I love older veterans, but my closest friends are younger generation of combat veterans.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:17 PM

1,065 posts, read 596,914 times
Quote:
Millennial has become a derogatory term of late, right there with snowflake. But I think most baby boomer people and older, have enough experience to know your demographic is being
profiled and scapegoated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies