Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is president Trump unfit to serve as president
Yes 194 69.29%
No 86 30.71%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 04:32 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times

Advertisements

I don't think this is going to blow over folks...we've reached a tipping point---rant, scream..revile as you must against the evil Left or whatever...this is a Country of laws...no matter how rough the game..there are rules--and Trump has crossed the line..his own people are turning on him..more and more of us suspect that the only principled person on his staff, McMaster, is in fact the leaker--other staffers have admitted leaking..in an attempt to rein Trump in..still other staffers have been chastised for putting stuff in front of Trump to handle him..and get some agenda of their own going.

Comey, a principled man; albeit one who made a big mistake, kept a paper trail..and shared it with other senior FBI agents--Does anyone really think that Congress and the Courts will ignore that?

In truth, I don't even care about Russia..they're just taking advantage of what is going on...just as we would..if we could.
But..the corruption is palpable--and the incompetence staggering.

At what point do we call it quits with Donald J. Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 04:35 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
not in a million years has he done anything to get him removed from office. This isn't even saying he should be or shouldn't be, this is saying: be real, who is going to remove him? And on what grounds at this stage?

Impeachment does NOT require criminality. All it requires is that a majority of Congress see the president as unfit for office.

It's true that this is - and should be - a high bar.

In Trump's case, how could it happen?

In the past examples - Johnson, Nixon, and Clinton - the issue has been abuse of presidential power. But there is no reason at all that consistently exercising terrible judgement can't be grounds for impeachment.

Keep in mind that it is up to the R leadership to begin impeachment.

Trump's approval ratings are low, and likely to be even lower in a week or so, when his handling of Comey and this intelligence flap are fully reflected in voters' opinions. This would give political cover to R congressional leadership. I suspect that for once, most senators agree with McConnell - Trump is making it harder for the members of his party to get their wish list done, not easier. Then there's the fact that most of the Congressional Rs would prefer Pence over Trump any day of the week.

Congressional Ds of course would vote for a Trump impeachment, since their constituents are clamoring for it, even though I suspect that many of them would be happier to keep on watching Trump tear up the GOP rather than see a President Pence.

Are the Rs willing to do this? Not yet, they're not. But if Trump continues to cause this kind of mayhem every week or so (and my bet is that he will), I have no trouble at all imagining that they could come up with a list of examples of his bad judgement. And if his approval ratings get down to about 20% and stay there, seems to me they'd have more to gain than to lose.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:39 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I don't think this is going to blow over folks...we've reached a tipping point---rant, scream..revile as you must against the evil Left or whatever...this is a Country of laws...no matter how rough the game..there are rules--and Trump has crossed the line..his own people are turning on him..more and more of us suspect that the only principled person on his staff, McMaster, is in fact the leaker--other staffers have admitted leaking..in an attempt to rein Trump in..still other staffers have been chastised for putting stuff in front of Trump to handle him..and get some agenda of their own going.

Comey, a principled man; albeit one who made a big mistake, kept a paper trail..and shared it with other senior FBI agents--Does anyone really think that Congress and the Courts will ignore that?

In truth, I don't even care about Russia..they're just taking advantage of what is going on...just as we would..if we could.
But..the corruption is palpable--and the incompetence staggering.

Good points. Although, I read that Republicans did not turn on Nixon until almost 900 days into Watergate. They were obviously the last demographic to support him. The same is true here but that may be turning "relatively" soon. Afterall, conservatives by definition are typically loathe to change but some things are just too glaring to deny.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:44 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,299,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post

January 20, 2025 when President Mike Pence takes office!!!

Old 05-16-2017, 04:45 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Well..we agree Pence is going to take office...but maybe a wee bit sooner....

Old 05-16-2017, 04:48 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Good one. Except at this pace it might be next week.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Trump claims to be a political refugee while he is abroad? Talk about irony!

Old 05-16-2017, 05:03 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He was fit enough to beat the DNC.
Surprising no one more than himself, at that!

Old 05-16-2017, 05:07 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Obama and his staff put a very sophisticated bugging system in the White House to listen to the president and whoever he has in his office.

This is how low the Democratic party has become.
The Tin Foil Hatter

Old 05-16-2017, 05:10 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,559,995 times
Look at what the stupid people of America unleashed on us. Can it get any worse? I fear it will.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
So how much 'obstruction of justice' is too much? How far does Trump get to go before we shove him over the edge?

Can anyone even imagine if this was Hillary or even Bill Clinton, never mind the actual so-called president of the US?

How many countries have to disassociate with him? How many idiotic things does he have to say? How many idiotic things does he have to do?

You know how some people hate their jobs so they subconsciously try to get fired? This guy is it. I honestly believe that he meant it when he said he could stand in the middle of 5th Ave and shoot people. He thinks he can do ANYTHING. He keeps getting more and more outrageous. He is is a dictator, a bully, a creep--a total and absolute dishonest and corrupt creep.

He is probably amused that his cult still loves and defends him. The thing is, this is an insecure guy with very low self-esteem. He doesn't respect himself, so disrespects anyone that actually admires him.

You think he respects the lemmings that adore him for being his idiot self? The cult is going to be very let down and bitter when this is over. And Trump will be over at some point. Sad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies