Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 06:03 PM

319 posts, read 199,068 times

Advertisements

I never understood why conservatives ring their hair every waking hour about what's covered by liberal media or on liberal shows like SNL. There are so many conservative outlets out their from talk radio to business/investment channels to Fox News to country stations to conservative newspapers and editorial pages.

Yes, the coasts have a lot of liberal media and entertainment. And the South and middle America have a lot of the exact opposite: conservative media and entertainment.

You never hear liberals say "I wish Rush Limbaugh would cover XYZ to appeal to us more". Liberals don't expect the Wall Street Journal or Fox News to give an inch to them. No one tells local stations or talk radio in middle America to appease liberals.

There are liberal media outlets. There are conservative media outlets. CNN/MSNBC claim to be fair. Fox News claims to be fair.

Why do conservatives care so much about what liberal media does when conservatives have such a wide range of conservative media to consume?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,781 times
I was just about to post something like this. I'm looking at the joke on fox news Tucker Carlson report about what the liberal media is reporting on. These guys are trying figure out why this is news. If none of this Russia business was going on what would Fox news be reporting on? Why don't they find real news to report on. The tail is wagging the dog all over the place.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:55 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
I was just about to post something like this. I'm looking at the joke on fox news Tucker Carlson report about what the liberal media is reporting on. These guys are trying figure out why this is news. If none of this Russia business was going on what would Fox news be reporting on? Why don't they find real news to report on. The tail is wagging the dog all over the place.
Oh like CNN with Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream

Old 05-16-2017, 07:02 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Well, historically, conservatives and republicans have to stick their noses into people's personal lives, and feel like their way should be the only way. So, it is really difficult for them when non-cons and non-Rs go about their lives pretty much ignoring them. It is like trump firing comey for being more famous than trump.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:10 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,076 times
To be fair, and this could be part of the issue, most of the big-time mainstream media (in TV at least) usually caters to the liberal side more. FOX being the only exception I can think off.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:15 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Any more, liberal media is a bunch of slobs who starts screaming impeachment , the president is unfit, he's got to go. Meanwhile they are still a bunch of slobs who have no political power anymore so they fight with their hate. same old, same old, for months.... really getting tired and in the meantime they couldn't care how they hurt themselves and make them look like dirt bags with their hate-filled rhetoric.

They just want Power same as Satan the great Destroyer he just wanted power it's the same old story hate your adversary. The anti-American liberal nutcases showing who they really are.

It used to be after an election that the American people came together to serve the one president that was put into office. The liberal slobs have no character and they have no power. so be it. Life Goes On. Trump is in the White House and millions of people put him there. Oh Happy Day!

Old 05-16-2017, 07:27 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Any more, liberal media is a bunch of slobs who starts screaming impeachment , the president is unfit, he's got to go. Meanwhile they are still a bunch of slobs who have no political power anymore so they fight with their hate. same old, same old, for months.... really getting tired and in the meantime they couldn't care how they hurt themselves and make them look like dirt bags with their hate-filled rhetoric.

They just want Power same as Satan the great Destroyer he just wanted power it's the same old story hate your adversary. The anti-American liberal nutcases showing who they really are.

It used to be after an election that the American people came together to serve the one president that was put into office. The liberal slobs have no character and they have no power. so be it. Life Goes On. Trump is in the White House and millions of people put him there. Oh Happy Day!
LOL.... what was the conservative media screaming under Obama....

When you are so far into partisanship, you forget that you are merely the same coin, different side of your "enemy". You and your hardcore liberal counterparts are exactly the same.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:34 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

And you're going to sit there with a straight face and say the (R) media didn't do the same? All the Con nutcases sure did rally behind this guy,
Mitch McConnell

So which side is suppose to take the high road for the greater good of the country?

Old 05-16-2017, 07:36 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
I dont cry about liberal outlets, I ignore them. I ignore Fox news as well

Old 05-16-2017, 07:40 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
I never understood why conservatives ring their hair every waking hour about what's covered by liberal media or on liberal shows like SNL. There are so many conservative outlets out their from talk radio to business/investment channels to Fox News to country stations to conservative newspapers and editorial pages.

Yes, the coasts have a lot of liberal media and entertainment. And the South and middle America have a lot of the exact opposite: conservative media and entertainment.

You never hear liberals say "I wish Rush Limbaugh would cover XYZ to appeal to us more". Liberals don't expect the Wall Street Journal or Fox News to give an inch to them. No one tells local stations or talk radio in middle America to appease liberals.

There are liberal media outlets. There are conservative media outlets. CNN/MSNBC claim to be fair. Fox News claims to be fair.

Why do conservatives care so much about what liberal media does when conservatives have such a wide range of conservative media to consume?
Only issue with SNL or Colbert is that they are obsessed with Trump and not very funny. Who cares if they are liberal or not. I don't.

The MSM is dominated by liberals. Evening news shows like ABC, NBC or CBS have always had strong liberal angle and usually hire ex democrat hacks to work for them. CNN claims to be fair like you said but they now are more left than the evening news outlets. The Sunday morning shows like Meet the press have a liberal host, one or two conservatives and the rest liberal. MSNBC with their lean forward slogan they had is clearly very liberal. At least unlike the others is honest. If you are going to present hard news which is suppose to be without opinion and bias then do it, don't call it hard news but do it from a liberal perspective.

The vast majority of television that has any news or commentary to it is on the left. Even ESPN. All the evening news, CNN, MSNBC, almost all major newspapers, all late night talk show hosts and even the prime time shows have a liberal point of view in telling their stories. To say there is some balance because of FOX news, WSJ or a few Conservative talk show hosts is delusional.

I am for the free market and not telling television networks what they have to air. Let the viewers decide that by what they want to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies