Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 05:39 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,885,535 times

Advertisements

There was no 24 hour media in Nixon's era.

Things move much faster now.

It won't take 2 years.

trump will be gone before the 2018 ball drops in Times Square.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 05:41 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,802,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Give a man enough rope, and....you know the rest.
Big difference. Nixon was guilty.
You lost, get over it.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:46 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,305,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Trump is on record pace, I think he will be gone this time next year if not sooner.
If I was a lefty I would want Trump in there for four years. If he is gone within a year the Dems are doomed because Pence will not make the same errors and will make the Dems look even worse than today. I voted Trump, but always thought he would not finish four years.

Be careful with what you wish for.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:43 PM

38,624 posts, read 26,303,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You assume a lot, a common failing among the far right. Clue: not everyone against trump is a supporter of those you mentioned, you assume everyone concerned with trumps actions are Liberals and Dems, I would suggest you start reading and watch the current news. Pssst, it is not the Dems that will deal with trump it will be the Republicans, yes I am sure you will attack them also, anyone against trump is your enemy, and we both know that is the truth.

I somewhat agree with you.

The current political division in the US is based on one's status as an earner (Trump supporters) and those who wish to take what earners produce (recipient/donor class alliance).

For several decades, Democrats who once allied themselves with working Americans have been seeking to form new political alliances composed primarily of non-earners.

This is because it is much easier to buy someone's vote than to actually earn it.

And since you can't bribe someone with their own money, earners had to go.

In fact, this inability to bribe earners with their own money makes working Americans politically unrepresentable.

This separation from earners (net tax-payers) also allowed Democrats to do the bidding of the super rich donor class without pissing off their former working-class base.

Democrats were suddenly free to join Republicans in supporting tax breaks for the wealthy, massive spending, enormous deficits, free trade with third-world hell holes and effectively open borders (all problems for the people paying the bills).

Old 05-17-2017, 02:48 PM

30,214 posts, read 23,636,749 times
Quote:
Yeah. You keep waiting.

Libs! I have an idea! Hold your breath until your "impeachment" dreams come true. Go on. Show us you really mean it.

You know who is going to hang themselves? The media and all of their little lap dogs who believe their crap, spread it around, and end up looking like morons, time after time after time after time after time....

Old 05-17-2017, 03:20 PM

7,754 posts, read 6,332,195 times
How long will it take to bring down Crooked Hillary?

Old 05-17-2017, 03:22 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,897,886 times
Quote:
Won't happen on lies, and if it does happen on lies, this country is forfeit and welcome to an armed conflict.

You up for it Skippy?

Old 05-17-2017, 03:25 PM

5,780 posts, read 5,081,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbostons7489 View Post
James Comey put Martha Stewart in prison but not radical muslims?
Hillary Clinton destroyed plenty of emails and smashed 5 phones during a subpoena.
You would rather have Hillary, Nancy Pelosi, maxine waters, and pocahontas steering the united states.

SCREW SHARIA LAW
Yes I would rather than the cheetos crotch grabber in chief......and we will never have sharia laws here so get over it.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:25 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,230,007 times
Will someone please explain exactly what Nixon did during the "Watergate Scandal" that was so horrible that he resigned at the mere implication of propriety? Someone in his Administration (who he did not order or suggest to do anything) broke into an office of a Democratic CAMPAIGN, and I guess gained some world-shattering information such as marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, or even (God forbid) pithy slogans! Oh, the humanity!

Compare that to today, when Washington politicians are re-elected after being convicted of felonies & serving jail time, and when even the Federal Government's most obsessive power-mad feminist "wanna-be" is so far above the law that even after getting caught and publicly outed first trying to hide her Highly Classified (including Top Secret) work emails on a totally unsecured server, and then actually DELETING thousands of them so they can't be used against her--she's given the "Get Out of Jail Free" card because she's much too important (or stupid, or arrogant) to obey laws about national security.

Funny, but you can find plenty of unfortunate military enlistees doing decades of hard time in military prisons for insignificant administrative / bureaucratic security-related mistakes that caused no harm, and certainly did not involve purposely trying to hide anything from the government. Laws are there to nail the little people--if you are REALLY going to cause some major national harm, just be part of the Wall Street / Big Business / Big Government Upper Class!

Old 05-17-2017, 03:26 PM

5,780 posts, read 5,081,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
My wish is for all liberal's to hold their breath, waiting for Trump to resign or be impeached. Never gonna happen.
Keep following your orange piper over the cliff....happy falling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies