Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 06:50 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
look here is the deal. Outside of the kool aid kids, the entire world thinks Trump is a fake , a liar and a huge mistake. You might like him, but then plenty of people like leaders who later turned out to be liars and frauds.

If you really think Trump is a good guy, maybe you should look at what he is actually doing. the Fiduciary rule, alone, just that. Just that one thing should tell you Trump is a bunt. That was a hard fought rule, it has a very clear meaning and WAS very much intended to protect Americans. Yet Trump killed it.

Now stop, put aside how you "feel" about Trump, and ask yourself the simple question. If Trump gives a damn about his supporters in any way shape or form, why would he do this? Why would anyone who cares about middle class, working class, honest Americans kill a rule designed to protect them. The rule hurt ONLY predatory retirement plan sales people, (ie wall street) . NOT one single average american could have been in any way hurt, yet he killed it.
Trump is already a significant improvement over our last president (who was still blaming Bush for years instead of taking ownership of issues) and the potential horror show we would have got with Hillary. Keep on telling yourself the lie that almost everyone is anti-Trump. That doesn't fit the reality that people came out in droves to his rallies and he won many states.

I want a problem solver. That's Trump, warts and all. Apparently, his haters just want a figurehead who gives a false pretense of perfection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 01:34 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
obamacare lost my vote for Dems
Did you get hosed by high premiums?

Old 05-22-2017, 01:38 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Trump is already a significant improvement over our last president (who was still blaming Bush for years instead of taking ownership of issues) and the potential horror show we would have got with Hillary. Keep on telling yourself the lie that almost everyone is anti-Trump. That doesn't fit the reality that people came out in droves to his rallies and he won many states.

I want a problem solver. That's Trump, warts and all. Apparently, his haters just want a figurehead who gives a false pretense of perfection.
The trouble is what he said at those rallies is not what he is saying now.Tonight's (5/21) ABC news spent 7 minutes showing clips of his current speeches followed immediately by clips of his campaign promise on that subject. The fact that he is being caught in lie after lie does not seem to bother him. I was aTrump supporter but am becoming very disillusioned now.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:39 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:

Ahahahaha, Trump recently blamed Obama for Flynn, AFTER Obama did him a solid and warned him about Flynn.

A new low!

Old 05-22-2017, 02:42 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
I've been a NBC nightly news viewer for many years. Even though I rarely agreed with their opinions, I like their broadcast style and Brian William's personality. Lester Holt is ok. But enough is enough. Every freaking night, their top story is about how sorry Trump is doing. Another Trump Bombshell blowout! Another Trump twitter disaster! The man has been criticized for everything from the way he eats steak to the color of the curtains in the White House.

The lack of journalist integrity has just reached a new extreme. What happened to reporting the facts? Last night was a prime example. Late breaking news! We now have a report that Trump supposedly ordered Comey to stand down on Flynn. Obstruction of justice! Wait, let's back up. Do we even have a copy of the memo? Nope, apparently, as long as it is anti-Trump news, hearsay will do just fine. Hey NBC, how about you get some evidence first before you accuse the President of a serious crime? And that was on top of the classified info story. We don't even know exactly that info was given to the Russians, but that's ok. Trump is already a traitor according to the NBC news.

I don't think I can stomach watching Lester Holt and Chuck Todd ever again. How can anyone trust these liberal news outlets who clearly have an agenda to destroy Trump? I had to go to this website to find out exactly what Trump has done. The guy has been busy. Of course, it is a positive action, I'll never heard about it on NBC.

It seems to me that NBC has gotten things just right and that you can't handle the facts. Why do you suppose that NBC, CBS, ABC and PBS, which are all four of the legitimate TV broadcast news network programs, are saying mostly the same things? Are they all enemies of the truth to you? Have you concocted a reason why they would all be plotting against the government and the people? Their most important function and they are doing it well and bravely, is to inform us of dangers to our country and our lives, so we can be informed and take action.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:44 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Message to all Trump supporters:

We don't care if you're tired of media attacks on Trump. If Trump has it coming, then he's gonna get it. It's that simple. We don't really care that it upsets you.

If you want the attacks to stop, tell the guy to get off Twitter, act like a damn adult instead of a petulant child, and start governing the country like a statesman instead of conducting himself like he's still on a reality show.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:16 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
It seems to me that NBC has gotten things just right and that you can't handle the facts. Why do you suppose that NBC, CBS, ABC and PBS, which are all four of the legitimate TV broadcast news network programs, are saying mostly the same things? Are they all enemies of the truth to you? Have you concocted a reason why they would all be plotting against the government and the people? Their most important function and they are doing it well and bravely, is to inform us of dangers to our country and our lives, so we can be informed and take action.
That.
You only want people to tickle your ears with the things that you want to hear.
When someone tells you the truth and you don't like what they are saying, you put your fingers in
your ears and proclaim "Fake News! Fake News!"

I understand why Trump does this...mostly because of his Narcissistic Personality Disorder - he cannot
handle any criticism whatsoever. (Is he a Snowflake much?) But why his followers are all buying into this, I don't get.
I guess they have to be good little Cult Members who never question their Cult Leader. Ever.

You do understand that all Dictators and Tyrants do this, right? Make you question the free Press and news
media. So the only you trust is them. So they can spoon feed you lie upon lie...and soon up is down and down is up. That would be one dark road for America to go down.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:48 AM

131 posts, read 127,981 times
Well, its Monday and you know what that means! Another week of unstoppable buffoonery from the Herr Trump and his minions. More leaks, more scandal and more paranoia from right nuts, while the rest of us get the popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show. I predict Spicer is done tho.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:12 AM

628 posts, read 695,644 times
YOU:====> I'm Fed up With NBC Nightly News Relentless Attacks on Trump

ME======> Donate your TV to Good Will, read a book.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:30 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I'm fed up with Fox's attacks on Trump. I'm watching only about one to two hours of FNC these days. Negative Nancy Wallace had John McCain on his Sunday morning show (didn't watch it) which they force on viewers a few more times on Sunday. Can they find a guest not named McCain or do they only look for critical Republicans like McCain and his buddies Graham and Rubio? I'd vote for Hillary Clinton before I voted for any of the 3 of them. All the old fart do-nothing elite Never Trumpers have slimed their way back out of the woodwork to talk to all of these media types eager to have them come on their shows and criticize Trump. Fox News is no exception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies