Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 07:46 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,648,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Most News networks have stopped being sources for the news but instead they have become spreaders of hate, propaganda and Leftist agenda. The news casters care less about delivering the facts to a curious audience and more about being the news themselves. They are all looking for the scoop, lurking for that "gotcha moment" even if they have to bend the facts, misreport or even make things up to fit their negative anti Trump angles.

The media like no other outlet forms public opinion. They have become a monster that seeks to devour Trump.

Trump is the news but why is it that the positive things that he has done gets no airtime while the negative is pumped up to levels of outrageous outrage?

They are trying to personally discredit the man and that is not unbiased news reporting.
I have seen some of his positive stories. You fail to recognize that his actions are very negative. The fact that you don't even perceive them as negative is very telling about you and, probably, all of his supporters. That you can view this latest week's antics as NOT negative is a head-scratcher. So you are either okay with the things he's done, or think they are all made up, or they are negative but should not be reported.

Maybe the whole world is against him because, truly, he is terrible. I can agree that on all levels of any area in life, their are sides and conspiracies. However, there are a TON of rich Republicans and rich Trump supporters that have the power and means to fight left-leaning lies or wrongdoing. The problem is that it's not happening to the degree you think it is. If were outrageous lies as you claim, or no-basis "devouring" of Trump, it could be easily fought. The problem is, it's the truth and Trump is doing it to himself. It's almost like they don't even have to dig for anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 07:52 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I've been a NBC nightly news viewer for many years. Even though I rarely agreed with their opinions, I like their broadcast style and Brian William's personality. Lester Holt is ok. But enough is enough. Every freaking night, their top story is about how sorry Trump is doing. Another Trump Bombshell blowout! Another Trump twitter disaster! The man has been criticized for everything from the way he eats steak to the color of the curtains in the White House.

The lack of journalist integrity has just reached a new extreme. What happened to reporting the facts? Last night was a prime example. Late breaking news! We now have a report that Trump supposedly ordered Comey to stand down on Flynn. Obstruction of justice! Wait, let's back up. Do we even have a copy of the memo? Nope, apparently, as long as it is anti-Trump news, hearsay will do just fine. Hey NBC, how about you get some evidence first before you accuse the President of a serious crime? And that was on top of the classified info story. We don't even know exactly that info was given to the Russians, but that's ok. Trump is already a traitor according to the NBC news.

I don't think I can stomach watching Lester Holt and Chuck Todd ever again. How can anyone trust these liberal news outlets who clearly have an agenda to destroy Trump? I had to go to this website to find out exactly what Trump has done. The guy has been busy. Of course, it is a positive action, I'll never heard about it on NBC.

President Trump: What the new White House has done so far - UPI.com
People I know are telling me they don't watch the trash news anymore. They are insanely stating every day their is a bombshell on President Trump that is a dud.... no evidence. it gets tired and repetitive really quickly.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:53 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Don't watch TV.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:54 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I have seen some of his positive stories. You fail to recognize that his actions are very negative. The fact that you don't even perceive them as negative is very telling about you and, probably, all of his supporters. That you can view this latest week's antics as NOT negative is a head-scratcher. So you are either okay with the things he's done, or think they are all made up, or they are negative but should not be reported.

Maybe the whole world is against him because, truly, he is terrible. I can agree that on all levels of any area in life, their are sides and conspiracies. However, there are a TON of rich Republicans and rich Trump supporters that have the power and means to fight left-leaning lies or wrongdoing. The problem is that it's not happening to the degree you think it is. If were outrageous lies as you claim, or no-basis "devouring" of Trump, it could be easily fought. The problem is, it's the truth and Trump is doing it to himself. It's almost like they don't even have to dig for anything.
The weird thing is, other Republicans have been in power and not constantly "under attack" by the supposed "liberal" media.

Perhaps Trump is a career victim?

Old 05-17-2017, 07:55 AM

313 posts, read 152,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
The weird thing is, other Republicans have been in power and not constantly "under attack" by the supposed "liberal" media.

Perhaps Trump is a career victim?
All previous presidents regardless of R or D were part of the establishment. EVERY candidate besides Trump that ran in 2016 was part of the establishment,its a good ole boy club....scratching each others backs while screwing us.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The butthurt stream media has been doing this for over a year. It went from curious to funny to absolutely pathetic. I haven't watched tv news for quite a while. All broadcasts are the same. Butthurt bombshell fake or misleading tripe.
If you haven't watched it in a while then how do you know it is 'fake or misleading?' This site has the 30% of people who approve of this disaster in the White House. How do you guys, let's call you 30's, not see it???

Old 05-17-2017, 07:58 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
You're upset with the "relentless attack on Trump" and I'm upset with Trump's relentless attack on the intelligence of most American's. Sounds like a good trade off. Don't want to watch his fall into infamy, then don't watch TV.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:59 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
I've been a NBC nightly news viewer for many years. Even though I rarely agreed with their opinions, I like their broadcast style and Brian William's personality. Lester Holt is ok. But enough is enough. Every freaking night, their top story is about how sorry Trump is doing. Another Trump Bombshell blowout! Another Trump twitter disaster! The man has been criticized for everything from the way he eats steak to the color of the curtains in the White House.

The lack of journalist integrity has just reached a new extreme. What happened to reporting the facts? Last night was a prime example. Late breaking news! We now have a report that Trump supposedly ordered Comey to stand down on Flynn. Obstruction of justice! Wait, let's back up. Do we even have a copy of the memo? Nope, apparently, as long as it is anti-Trump news, hearsay will do just fine. Hey NBC, how about you get some evidence first before you accuse the President of a serious crime? And that was on top of the classified info story. We don't even know exactly that info was given to the Russians, but that's ok. Trump is already a traitor according to the NBC news.

I don't think I can stomach watching Lester Holt and Chuck Todd ever again. How can anyone trust these liberal news outlets who clearly have an agenda to destroy Trump? I had to go to this website to find out exactly what Trump has done. The guy has been busy. Of course, it is a positive action, I'll never heard about it on NBC.

President Trump: What the new White House has done so far - UPI.com

How did you feel during the Monica Lewinsky madness and how the media went on and on about knee pads, a blue dress, Linda Tripp, Ken Starr and blah blah?

Old 05-17-2017, 08:00 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,728,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Here's an idea: change the channel.
Change it to what? I only have Fox News as the sole voice of the other side of the fence and there seems to be a hit job to destroy that network. Liberal sponsors hold the power. Still can't believe the OReilly Factor was destroyed that quickly.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:07 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
Change it to what? I only have Fox News as the sole voice of the other side of the fence and there seems to be a hit job to destroy that network. Liberal sponsors hold the power. Still can't believe the OReilly Factor was destroyed that quickly.
OReilly was not destroyed quickly at all. He went on abusing his power at the network for decades and all of his problems were of his own making and they finally just caught up to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies