Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 08:20 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
If you haven't watched it in a while then how do you know it is 'fake or misleading?' This site has the 30% of people who approve of this disaster in the White House. How do you guys, let's call you 30's, not see it???
it's been the same butthurt report for a year. Do I really think it's changed? No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 08:21 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
All NBC (and other networks) do, is report the news. And trump is the news.

If Trump wasn't doing stupid, newsworthy s*** they would have nothing to talk about, but he makes it essential and informative for them to keep us abreast of today's latest screw up. I realize it must be disheartening for you Trumpees, who think he is Godlike, to hear things not good about him, but if he would simply grow up, stop being an idiot, and take this job seriously, all of this would go away and the news people would move on to other subjects.

You do not want to hear it, but Trump brings all of this on himself.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:21 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The butthurt stream media has been doing this for over a year. It went from curious to funny to absolutely pathetic. I haven't watched tv news for quite a while. All broadcasts are the same. Butthurt bombshell fake or misleading tripe.
I wouldn't pay any attention to it if I were you.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:22 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

But just take a look at CNN's website. Here is one headline "Market is jittery over Trump news". Completely biased non-factual claim. Do they have actual evidence that directly ties the market results to Trump news? Of course not.
Not from CNN, but from Reuters:

Quote:
May 17 (Reuters) - Stock futures pointed to a lower opening for Canada's main stock index on Wednesday, mirroring trends in global stocks as investors showed concerns about political turmoil in the United States.

Concern that U.S. President Donald Trump's reform agenda could be slowed down, and that Trump himself could even face the threat of impeachment, added to disappointing U.S. economic data to hit the dollar and spur a pullback from richly valued stocks.
Additionally, in some local St. Louis paper they have quote a Wall Street hedge fund manager as saying that investors are nervous.

I'm not sure how this not news or it's wrong. If investors (as well as Canada) have those feelings, it's not wrong to print them.

Just as they also printed and attributed the stock market rise to Trump's business friendly stance. Same-same.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:22 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
MSM news has now turned into political activism "journalism."
I'm not sure how we will ever recover journalism's credibility.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:23 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
Just tune it out. I laughed at CNNs "smoking gun headline" about the Comey memo. They're moving ahead on impeachment headlines. They took trumps insults personally

Old 05-17-2017, 08:26 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,933 times
Quote:
I've been a NBC nightly news viewer for many years. Even though I rarely agreed with their opinions, I like their broadcast style and Brian William's personality. Lester Holt is ok. But enough is enough. Every freaking night, their top story is about how sorry Trump is doing. Another Trump Bombshell blowout! Another Trump twitter disaster! The man has been criticized for everything from the way he eats steak to the color of the curtains in the White House.

The lack of journalist integrity has just reached a new extreme. What happened to reporting the facts? Last night was a prime example. Late breaking news! We now have a report that Trump supposedly ordered Comey to stand down on Flynn. Obstruction of justice! Wait, let's back up. Do we even have a copy of the memo? Nope, apparently, as long as it is anti-Trump news, hearsay will do just fine. Hey NBC, how about you get some evidence first before you accuse the President of a serious crime? And that was on top of the classified info story. We don't even know exactly that info was given to the Russians, but that's ok. Trump is already a traitor according to the NBC news.

I don't think I can stomach watching Lester Holt and Chuck Todd ever again. How can anyone trust these liberal news outlets who clearly have an agenda to destroy Trump? I had to go to this website to find out exactly what Trump has done. The guy has been busy. Of course, it is a positive action, I'll never heard about it on NBC.

President Trump: What the new White House has done so far - UPI.com

OK, one more time......................... this is America, we fight for freedom and personal liberties, we even have a Constitution that tries to protect those liberties. So, you can exercise those liberties and choose to watch, listen, agree, disagree, spit on, applaud, protest, etc., etc., any news or media outlet you'd like. I suppose we could take the advice of the extremists on the left or right, and many post on these forums, to eliminate the "other guy" and ban their point of view in print and media. But then we'd be a very different country.

3,138 posts, read 2,779,947 times
OP, like others have said: change the channel.

There's no gun to your head forcing you to watch NBC.

You can tune into Fox and watch all of the faux Trump praise and lack of criticism, there.

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
No, Hilary Clinton was a terrible leader. .
What are you referring to her leading?

Old 05-17-2017, 08:29 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
it's been the same butthurt report for a year. Do I really think it's changed? No
What 'butthurt' report are you referencing? The world changes and you seem to be stuck in some sort of loop. Hope you find your way out! Cheers/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies