Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 08:00 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times

Advertisements

Last week after the Comey firing I stated my case for that although Comey deserved to be fired why I thought the Comey firing was a bad idea and would hurt Trump's ability to enact the agenda he was elected to push forward. I had a few concessions I felt Trump could make to get back on message. Trump of course doubled down on his decision, show defiance and the leaks and mayhem have exponentially intensified.

Its obvious to me at this point there is an coordinated assault on the presidency from seemingly all directions. The media elite, the democrats, intel agencies, foreign governments, many GOP leaders, the globalists and apparently high ranking individuals within his administration. Its all funneled through the liberal media who is all to happy to oblige. Many have questioned his bringing Ivanka and Jared into the White House but seriously who else can he trust at this point?

These assorted entities want one of three outcomes: Trump resigns, Trump gets impeached or Trump backs off of his goals and limps through the rest of his term. And for those who believe Trump has done nothing to be impeached. It does not matter. If congress wants him out, the truth or facts do not matter. Only their vote on impeachment does. If the GOP in congress feel he hurts their chances for reelection he is out. Most republicans in congress do not want a wall, tax reform, repealing Obamacare, his trade plans or infrastructure bill. They only care about staying in office. Their lame attempt at Obamacare repeal proves it.

So now what? Trump needs to clean house of those in his inner circle for whom he cannot be certain to trust. Find the leakers and LOCK THEM UP by whatever means legally possible. I think he should record everything he does, every meeting and conversation. Perhaps have a camera crew like a reality show with him at all times. When some story from unnamed sources comes out he can easily disprove it if necessary. Release a daily video recap of the day at the White House scrubbed of course for any confidential stuff.

He needs to address the American people directly sort of like Roosevelt's fireside chats on a regular basis. Try to rally support around what he wants to get done and do it in a way as an appeal to all Americans. Be the populist who is on the side of the 99% who are not these elitists who are trying to bring him down. It will take fundamental shift but even these powerful entities are not match against all of us from both sides of the aisle.

Ominous times for America. I know the left loves all of this but just wait until the day you elect a Sanders type Democrat who really wants to fundamentally change things. We saw what happened when Sanders tried to get the nomination. We all saw what happened when Kennedy made the CIA look bad. We are seeing what is happening to Trump after he stepped on too many toes. If deep state wins all of America loses.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 05-17-2017 at 08:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies