Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 01:50 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Well yeah. Your homeless no luck finding a job why not go to Colorado and get some legal weed. If the whole nation legalized weed it draw in huge tax revenue. Can fund universal healthcare for mental health and substance abuse care. Can probably find more stable housing or temporary housing for the homeless with money saved from locking less people up for smoking weed.

Imagine with weed legal and other drugs decriminalized can work towards treating substance abuse.
I don't see that happening, at least not to the extent so many envision. if it's legal, anyone can grow it. and they will, since it's stupid-easy to do so. so where will this vast revenue come from then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
You just didn't see them. Any all-cash business that deals with that much cash every day is going to have armed guards, even if they are hidden nearby, watching multiple cameras.
hmmm, i supposed that's possible

Old 05-17-2017, 01:51 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Atalanta

You're in over your head here. The facts are out there. The cat is out of the bag. Cannabis is not going away. Its less problematic than alcohol and cigarrettes. Give it a rest.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:59 PM

537 posts, read 597,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Colorado's legal MJ is fueling the black market as well. I bet more goes out the backdoors of the dispensaries then gets legally sold. My state is flooded with MJ from Colorado. Cheaper than getting it legally too.
Public opinion in nearly all states now is strongly in favor of legalization of marijuana, even for recreational use, and so that particular problem won't be present for too much longer.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:06 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if it's legal, anyone can grow it. and they will, since it's stupid-easy to do so.
Actually, it's a lot harder than you think. One reason why is that growing it legally means growing it indoors.

So people take a few seeds and put them in pots in the window, which still isn't legal (has to be in a locked area inaccessible to minors), then after waiting months, they try it and wonder why it's so bad compared to what they get at the dispensary.

The ones who then get serious about it, buy the following:

Lights
Reflectors
Books
Seeds or Clones
Growing Media
Growing Trays
Pumps
Timers
Nutrients
Nutrient Heater
Nutrient strength (Parts Per Million) Meter
Ph Adjusters
Ph Meter
Hoses
Air Pump
Fans
Air Filters
Plastic Sheeting

And that is just the main growing area. Most home growers, if they are going to go to that much expense and trouble, are going to want to grow using cuttings, or clones, instead of seeds (for numerous reasons). That means setting up a separate area with separate lighting in order to root cuttings.

Then there's the issue of having an area where it can be properly dried and cured. Only by going through all this can you get quality and consistency that approaches that of regulated dispensary cannabis.

If edibles are your thing, then that is a whole new level of complexity.

As you can see, even if legalized nationwide, many, maybe most, will opt for getting the good stuff from the dispensary, pay their taxes, and be done with it.

Last edited by Raddo; 05-17-2017 at 02:15 PM..

Old 05-17-2017, 02:17 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,522,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Atalanta

You're in over your head here. The facts are out there. The cat is out of the bag. Cannabis is not going away. Its less problematic than alcohol and cigarrettes. Give it a rest.
Oh really, in over my head.
I don't think so.

Give me facts it's less problomatic.

There are only a handful who can post and have a mature back and forth discussion 2nd respect someone elses point of view and difference of opinion.

The majority here on this thread state their opinions as facts.
The majority here name call and attack when it comes to stating their point of view or disagreement.

Naw, I'm not in over my head.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:20 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
Quote:
I don't see that happening, at least not to the extent so many envision. if it's legal, anyone can grow it. and they will, since it's stupid-easy to do so. so where will this vast revenue come from then?

hmmm, i supposed that's possible
Be regulated like beer.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:24 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Actually, it's a lot harder than you think. One reason why is that growing it legally means growing it indoors.
no, it isn't. don't ask me how I know

the vast majority of the items on your list may be desirable, but aren't necessary.

Quote:
Only by going through all this can you get quality and consistency that approaches that of regulated dispensary cannabis.
this is probably true. but if folks can get something that's, say, 80% as good as dispensary quality for a fraction of the cost, they'll do it. and they'll sell and/or give away a fair amount of it, laws notwithstanding.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:26 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
if it's legal, anyone can grow it. and they will, since it's stupid-easy to do so.
Same reason most people don't grow their own tomatoes. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:26 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Oh really, in over my head.
I don't think so.

Give me facts it's less problomatic.

There are only a handful who can post and have a mature back and forth discussion 2nd respect someone elses point of view and difference of opinion.

The majority here on this thread state their opinions as facts.
The majority here name call and attack when it comes to stating their point of view or disagreement.

Naw, I'm not in over my head.

you don't want a discussion, you want a pulpit

Old 05-17-2017, 02:28 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,122 times
Quote:
no, it isn't. don't ask me how I know

the vast majority of the items on your list may be desirable, but aren't necessary.
Ok, but you can ask me how I know, since I live in a legal state.

I use all that stuff and more, and have for years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies