Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 04:20 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times

Advertisements

Excellent, they can put this BS to bed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 04:20 PM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Can't wait to see the list of reasons Democrats come up with to proclaim why this isn't good enough...
Cant speak for other Dems but I'm very happy with this news. Best news I've heard for months!

Old 05-17-2017, 04:21 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
I don't know him, but all the lawyers I follow on Twitter are thrilled with this choice. Preet Bharara, too.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:22 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Don't kid yourself....this is ALL ABOUT trump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Now, when you say it's all about Trump, what, specifically, do you think he did?
Nothing?

Old 05-17-2017, 04:23 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Can't wait to see the list of reasons Democrats come up with to proclaim why this isn't good enough...
well, you might need to open a new account and pretend to be a dem, i am fine with this. I am sure if you try hard enough you will find some to complain, but no doubt 3 days from now you guys (trumpers not GOP supporters) will be calling this Republican picked and appointed Ex FBI director hillary's secret lover or a rhino or some other made up bit of poo.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:23 PM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
If Mueller subpoenas trump's tax returns, they have to be turned over.

Oh, be still my heart!
You mean the tax returns that have already been reviewed and in many cases audited by the IRS? What do you think Mueller is going to find that the IRS didn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
well, you might need to open a new account and pretend to be a dem, i am fine with this. I am sure if you try hard enough you will find some to complain, but no doubt 3 days from now you guys will be calling this Republican picked and appointed Ex FBI director hillary's secret lover or a rhino or some other made up bit of poo.
"Republican picked?" Did Rosenstein switch parties when the rest of us weren't looking?

Old 05-17-2017, 04:25 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
This is a welcome development. Mueller has a solid reputation and should be able mount an independent probe. It obviously couldn't be led by the Deputy AG because he's now a political appointee. Call for a special prosecutor is premature at best because we're not certain if there have been crimes or just the appearance of impropriety. This should satisfy the Republican congressmen who were starting to jump ship and might blunt, if not stop, the Democrats call for a Special Prosecutor.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Don't know about Demo's..but as an Independent...I applaud this....and I think it's a great start...

should be enough..as long as all parties co-operate.

9 months to a year of silence and speculation on "Russian Collusion" There will not be any daily news reports that someone farted in the room, or updates until concluded. They will be looking at everything the FBI, CIA and NSA have, that all 3 chose to call it "No Collusion Found".
Stunned Democrats cannot handle, "no collusion found"

Old 05-17-2017, 04:26 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
trump and his almost bankrupt companies couldn't get a loan in the US during the Great Recession. In steps Russia, via the Bank of Cyprus, known for money laundering via Russian monies into loans for losers. WITH many strings attached.

trump knowingly hired Manafort, Page, Flynn and consorted with Roger Stone, all KNOWN to have contacts with Putin's oligarchs.

The specifics will come out in the Special Counsel's investigation.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:26 PM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
This is awesome. What exactly are you libs looking for LMAO. Especially those that claim to live in Mexico. Hhahahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies