Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 08:59 PM

589 posts, read 380,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I've been hoping for a check since Nixon was in office...
Didn't you get your free boxes of Krispy Kremes ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 09:00 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Here's openers:

1.) Obstruction of Justice in the firing of Sally Yates.
2.) Obstruction of Justice in the firing of Preet Bharara.
3.) Obstruction of Justice in the firing of James Comey.
Is Trump the only President not allowed to fire hires from previous administrations?

Quote:
4.) Racketeering and Corruption under Federal RICO law. (This one is a big one and kinda tricky. When Flynn, Stone, Page, Guiliani, and Manafort go down on RICO charges, the entire lot of them go down. That means Trump, Ivanka, Jared, Pence, Sessions, Rosenstein, Conway, Spicer, Preibus and Bannon. Because in RICO, if you indict one part of the conspiracy, the remaining parties in the closed loop are charged as well. Trump himself is especially vulnerable if AG Schniederman charges him with state RICO charges.)
Ever read 18 U.S.C. Section 1961 et. seq., the Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organization Act? If the Trump Administration are racketeers, what about Whitewater and Travelgate? Or Benghazi or the abuse of the IRS?
Quote:
5.) Treason
Read Article III Section 3 U.S. Constitution.
Quote:
6.) Collusion and conspiring against the United States with a foreign power.
Not sure what you're talking about. What about Obama's subterranean negotiations with Hamas, Fatah and Iran?
[quote=cuebald;48237225] 7.) Violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution.[/qutoe]Which foreign gifts to who?
Quote:
8.) Violation of Federal Witness Intimidation laws
Details? Sounds conclusory to me.
Quote:
9.) Violation of anti-Nepotism laws for hiring his daughter and son-in-law as federal employees.
He actually kept within the laws.
Quote:
10.) Disclosure of classified information
Obama loosened those regulations on the eve of his departure in order to sully the reputations of Trump advisors and appointees.
Quote:
11.) Self-dealing while occupying a federal office (advertising his businesses and those of his wife and daughter on federal websites and property.
Ivanka and her business advisors may have a problem.
Quote:
12.) Abuse of power
What statute?

I insist on specifics, not conclusions based on the title of a group of laws or newspaper headlines.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:00 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Didn't you get your free boxes of Krispy Kremes ?
They were delivered but then the cops took them. ::snaps fingers:: Darn.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:09 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Whatever you're drinking, send a bottle down I-85.
Haven't had a drink in over 30 years. I pay attention to the news and steer clear of FOX, CNN, and MSNBC.

Reuters, the Guardian, BBC, AP, and Al Jazeera are my main go-tos. Amazing what you learn when you read news reported by outlets who don't have a dog in the fight.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:22 PM

[quote=jbgusa;48237299]Is Trump the only President not allowed to fire hires from previous administrations?

Not when they are investigating him. Nixon tried it and that stated the snowball rolling down the hill for him.

Ever read 18 U.S.C. Section 1961 et. seq., the Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organization Act? If the Trump Administration are racketeers, what about Whitewater and Travelgate? Or Benghazi or the abuse of the IRS?
Remember the raid the FBI pulled in Maryland last week? The GOP fundraising concern? They were looking for evidence of money laundering. Rumor (only a rumor at this time) that 28 top repubs are subjects of interest including Trump, Pence, Ryan, and McConnell. You may see Orrin Hatch sworn in in a few months.

Not sure what you're talking about. What about Obama's subterranean negotiations with Hamas, Fatah and Iran?

Obama was not conspiring with a foreign government to throw an American election. The investgation will determine whether or not there was collusion.

Quote:
7.) Violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution.[/qutoe]Which foreign gifts to who?
Offices and apartments sold to foreign agents in Trump Tower at three times the going rate. Ongoing profits being received by Trump when he schedules meetings and foreign governments foot the bills to stay in his properties.

Details? Sounds conclusory to me.
His tweet threatening Comey about possible recordings is called "witness tampering" Google it.

He actually kept within the laws.

We shall see if it goes to litigaton.

Obama loosened those regulations on the eve of his departure in order to sully the reputations of Trump advisors and appointees.

So, then - Obama knew that Trump would be a loose cannon and reveal classified information to the Russians? Maybe we should have kept him on for a third term.

Ivanka and her business advisors may have a problem.
What statute?

I insist on specifics, not conclusions based on the title of a group of laws or newspaper headlines.
Insist away. What sources are you using, out of curiosity? I'd love to become as smart as you think you are.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:27 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
[quote=cuebald;48237443]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Is Trump the only President not allowed to fire hires from previous administrations?

Not when they are investigating him. Nixon tried it and that stated the snowball rolling down the hill for him.

Remember the raid the FBI pulled in Maryland last week? The GOP fundraising concern? They were looking for evidence of money laundering. Rumor (only a rumor at this time) that 28 top repubs are subjects of interest including Trump, Pence, Ryan, and McConnell. You may see Orrin Hatch sworn in in a few months.

Obama was not conspiring with a foreign government to throw an American election. That's what the investgation will determine.

Insist away. What sources are you using, out of curiosity? I'd love to become as smart as you think you are.
No, Obama didn't conspire with another nation to become president. He used the IRS to hamper all those conservative groups who supported the Republican Candidate for the Presidency. Obama did commit collusion with the IRS , tampering with the presidential election.

Obama also in this election told illegal aliens to vote for Hillary. It is recorded and on youtube.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:30 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,956,874 times
[quote=Taratova;48237483]
Quote:
No, Obama didn't conspire with another nation to become president. He used the IRS to hamper all those conservative groups who supported the Republican Candidate for the Presidency. Obama did commit collusion with the IRS , tampering with the presidential election.

Obama also in this election told illegal aliens to vote for Hillary. It is recorded and on youtube.
Great points. I repped the post. These facts seem to have escaped Schumer.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:32 AM

[quote=jbgusa;48237507]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Great points. I repped the post. These facts seem to have escaped Schumer.

Not my post.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:33 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,643,677 times
Quote:
Haven't had a drink in over 30 years. I pay attention to the news and steer clear of FOX, CNN, and MSNBC.

Reuters, the Guardian, BBC, AP, and Al Jazeera are my main go-tos. Amazing what you learn when you read news reported by outlets who don't have a dog in the fight.
Absolutely, but people are tune into the networks that tell them what they want to hear. That network is the gospel truth to their ears, if they say it is so, then that's 100% how it is. This pretty goes both ways for both sides. I'm like you, I try to get most of my info from various sources.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:53 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I talk to Trump voters that I know and they are getting fired up and angry. They see the democrats trying daily to take Trump out and invalidate their votes for Trump.

If Trump was ever impeached there would be hell to pay.

Trump won when WE THE PEOPLE went to the ballot box and cast each vote

The liberals better think long and hard on what they are trying to do. Take down Trump. His supporters will rise up with such fervor there will be a rising up like never before. From what I heard ,it will be a war on government to think Trump supporters will lay down and take it.

Trump represents their hope for they have had none and no one will take it away without a fight. They have been forgotten for too long and their hope runs deep for a better America and a better life for them and their families.
It will be the Republicans that remove trump in the end, so your thinly veiled threat is built upon a house of sand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies