Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 08:32 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Read the second article I posted. He was allowed to plea to those reduced charges because the DA has a policy to protect immigrants from deportation.
yeah. Sounds like it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 08:33 PM

1,225 posts, read 606,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
On this, I agree, ( the bold especially) But I am pretty surprised this guy received such light sentencing. hmm, something doesn't sound right.

I think the OP's point is about the misdemeanor charge he received.
I see that but also in his case he likely would not have been immediately deported. Perhaps he might have some issues if trying to get citizenship, but he'd possibly qualify for a petty exemption as I mentioned before.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:34 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Trying to point out one case of thousands., because??? No darling, many men go free or get a slap in the wrist... And do a lot if harm to women and children ... Get of the soap box

Old 05-17-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I see that but also in his case he likely would not have been immediately deported. Perhaps he might have some issues if trying to get citizenship, but he'd possibly qualify for a petty exemption as I mentioned before.
I think the woman was right, she did ask, "What about me?"

In my opinion, this man should be deported immediately, or be put in jail. After all, the woman went to ER several times.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Trying to point out one case of thousands., because??? No darling, many men go free or get a slap in the wrist... And do a lot if harm to women and children ... Get of the soap box
Once the man was arrested, it is extremely difficult for them to settle the case or get the case dropped, UNLESS, they have very experienced lawyers. Inexperienced lawyers hate domestic violence cases because there are almost zero chances of winning.

If you meant to say, many men are repeat offenders, Id agree. (immigration status does't matter in this case) But if you are saying they go free easily, hmm, I have to respectfully disagree with you because it is simply untrue.

There are reasons why this man received such light sentencing. At least argue fairly.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:47 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Stop viewing this as some sort of partisan issue. This is about an attorney general who deliberately lets defendants plea to a lesser crime if it will affect immigration status. Read the second article about this prosecutor's policy that will give deals to dui offenders the ability to plead "wet reckless" when a U.S. citizen never gets that deal. That is unequal treatment under the law, and its not right. Every citizen should be upset by this. Do you really think it's okay to let a non-citizen man stay here who beat and threatened to kill his wife on numerous occasions, proven in court, because the prosecutor has a policy of protection from deportation? Think about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies