Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 11:30 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,810,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Analysis: Companies need workers

My wife's company had lots of people test positive for something get fired or not hired. They even had an adult son of a floor manager fail the drug test on purpose - his dad was getting him a job there - the son delayed his drug test, went out and got high, failed the drug test, didn't get the job and kept his government benefits.

They have a zero tolerance policy for drugs and showing up to work with any blood-alcohol level as they are operating machinery.

Should companies get more lax as marijuana gets more and more legal - or do traces of drugs impact the performance and safety of these factory jobs?

I have said that America has become a nation of alcoholics and Dope-heads! If I was the owner of a manufacturing company I would not want such low-lifes making my product!

The lousy work force of addicts, is exactly why many companies moved overseas, plus they can get workers far cheaper and who appreciate the job. No surprise these brain-dead zombies voted for Trump, and Clinton, instead of DEMANDING that both of them be disqualified!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 11:32 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,636,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I think it is great. More opportunity for those who stay clean. A good incentive for younger people to not listen to their half-brain-dead ex-hippie elders.
Drug use in the current generation is the lowest its ever been.

Young people aren't driving the opioid crisis.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:35 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,755,090 times
Problem with marijuana is how long you test positive. Somebody doesn't have to be a regular marijuana user to be at risk if they only occasionally use it.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:41 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,636,444 times
You can fail a drug test even if you've only ever acquired pills via prescription

If you have applied for a job recently, you notice the second-to-last page on employment applications. It requires you to specify what if any "Disabilities" you have (where disabilities include depression, anxiety, OCD), or swear that you have no disabilities and provide an electronic signature.

Potential employers find what you are taking legally just as interesting as what you are taking illegally. An employee on an anti-depressant? **** that and **** you. Have a wonderful day.

It's interesting to me because these oppressive measures are never forced on upper management. It's always laborers and middle management. Apparently a CEO can be coked out of his mind because whatever he's doing can't possibly be as dangerous as what Billy Bob-- shift worker #450-- is doing on an assembly line.

Makes you wonder why they are paid so much if their work is so inconsequential. I thought we were supposed to offshore those roles.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:43 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,295,405 times
Default I doubt that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I have said that America has become a nation of alcoholics and Dope-heads! If I was the owner of a manufacturing company I would not want such low-lifes making my product!

The lousy work force of addicts, is exactly why many companies moved overseas, plus they can get workers far cheaper and who appreciate the job. No surprise these brain-dead zombies voted for Trump!
I doubt if companies moved overseas to get away from drug users. I read a lot, and I have never seen any mention of it, including on trade websites and business web sites.

As in anything else in business, it's all about the money! In Mexico you can pay $2.00 an hour, rather than the $10 dollars an hour common in the US. Regardless of the failed Drug War in the US which did nothing except make drugs cheaper and of better quality, as a business person, would a CEO of a company rather pay $2.00 or $10.00 per hour. What do you think?

I suspect you know very little of business, and even less about drug use or abuse, two different things.

Drug testing can not tell whether you are an addict or a casual user.

Apparently in certain parts of the country and among certain groups, like white educated females, you didn't need to be a brain dead zombie to vote for Trump (although it probably didn't hurt).

Old 05-18-2017, 11:44 AM

36,063 posts, read 30,560,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post

The lousy work force of addicts, is exactly why many companies moved overseas, plus they can get workers far cheaper and who appreciate the job. No surprise these brain-dead zombies voted for Trump, and Clinton, instead of DEMANDING that both of them be disqualified!
We are not talking alcoholics and addicts here just an occasional recreational user. There is a difference.
Companies moved overseas for cheap labor of desperate people that can be bullied and manipulated, "lousy work force of addicts" has nothing to do with it.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:46 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,972,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
You can fail a drug test even if you've only ever acquired pills via prescription

If you have applied for a job recently, you notice the second-to-last page on employment applications. It requires you to specify what if any "Disabilities" you have (where disabilities include depression, anxiety, OCD), or swear that you have no disabilities and provide an electronic signature.

Potential employers find what you are taking legally just as interesting as what you are taking illegally. An employee on an anti-depressant? **** that and **** you. Have a wonderful day.

It's interesting to me because these oppressive measures are never forced on upper management. It's always laborers and middle management. Apparently a CEO can be coked out of his mind because whatever he's doing can't possibly be as dangerous as what Billy Bob-- shift worker #450-- is doing on an assembly line.

Makes you wonder why they are paid so much if their work is so inconsequential. I thought we were supposed to offshore those roles.
What's funny is that I know teachers who are major pot heads, but they are not subject to drug testing. Yet I think McDonalds managers have to pass a drug test. Kind of out of whack..

Personally I think testing for pot is an antiquated idea, unless someone is coming to work actually high. I don't smoke weed, but someone can legally get plastered every night and show up to work with no alcohol in their system. I don't see how that person is in any better shape than the recreational weekend pot user. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies