Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 11:29 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Reach? He may have reached for the window.......He was obviously no David Blaine though.
The "Jury" states(the juror letter) that the window was open and that crutches reached in it. They also recognize that Shelby acted as she was trained.

The foreman wrote that jurors were convinced after studying video, photos and testimony that Crutcher’s window was, in fact, open and they believe he reached inside, disobeying officers’ commands. The state of the window was in question from early in the investigation -- Crutcher’s family and their attorneys said it was closed, but investigators said it was half open.

Juror details 'not guilty' Shelby verdict; 'We question her judgment' as an officer | KTUL

You are clearly lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 11:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
The "Jury" states(the juror letter) that the window was open and that crutches reached in it. They also recognize that Shelby acted as she was trained.

The foreman wrote that jurors were convinced after studying video, photos and testimony that Crutcher’s window was, in fact, open and they believe he reached inside, disobeying officers’ commands. The state of the window was in question from early in the investigation -- Crutcher’s family and their attorneys said it was closed, but investigators said it was half open.

Juror details 'not guilty' Shelby verdict; 'We question her judgment' as an officer | KTUL

You are clearly lying.
That article states that two officers fired at the same time. That is trying to be misleading at best so........

Old 05-20-2017, 11:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
so if you dont answer a question that a cop ask you, they have the right to shoot you dead
I don't know when ever said that: the point is and should be: you follow orders when authority says do this or that. The lack of respect for authority is ruining our country. Heck I have been stopped, gotten a few tickets in my life and never argued with the officer. Have some been pretty jerky? Yes but I still do as they say and I show respect for their position, even if I may not always like or respect the person giving me a ticket. I will never understand some people's attitude toward authority.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
The jury sent a letter stating that while they did not find this officer guilty, she has no business ever putting on a uniform again.

Think she will?
the fact still remains she was found Not Guilty and that should be the end of it.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:14 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,911 times
Quote:
That article states that two officers fired at the same time. That is trying to be misleading at best so........
This in no way addresses my post.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
the fact still remains she was found Not Guilty and that should be the end of it.
You aren't concerned that the jury fund her unworthy of being an officer and perhaps why? Could this not be a part of the problem?

Old 05-20-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
This in no way addresses my post.
It does. It does not quote what the jury said. It is giving their side of what the jury said.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:00 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Jury's job was to determine if she was criminally liable, their verdict was " Not Guilty"

Justice was served. The jury was not their to assess whether they believe she should continue her career, they know nothing about her.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:08 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The JURY of 12 diverse people that sat through all of the evidence and testimony from BOTH sides found her not guilty.
You and others were not there, you and others were not in the courtroom so given those FACTS have no idea what really went on other than what has been reported in the news and their narrative.

The question I'd like to have answered is "would YOU want to be judged by just what's in the news and THEIR opinions?" Somehow I doubt it.

I NEVER would have pulled a gun in that scenario nor would I have been barking orders at someone simply because I was a cop when I had no lawful authority to be barking orders at them.

There was NOTHING that could be claimed to be RAS to detain, much less PC to arrest yet these multiple idiot LEOs were barking differing orders at Mr. Crutcher then pulling weapons on him when he wasn't doing their hokey pokey dance that they were demanding he do.

None of those officers should have ever needed to be in front of a jury had they done what was lawful. No barking orders, no pulling weapons, no being askeerd of their damn shadow, no cowardice, no MURDERING a man who was unarmed had his hands up for no reason because the officers at the scene had ZERO RAS and ZERO PC.

WTF? When did we authorize LEOs to dictate to us, make demands of us, order us around without RAS that a crime had been, was being or was about to be committed or had PC that a crime had been committed.

I noticed that former bad cop, the retired bad cop never returned to answer what the RAS or PC of a CRIME was that any of those officers had in that incident BEFORE they started barking orders or gunning down an unarmed man with his damn hands in the air when he never needed to put them in the air to begin with. They had ZERO authority at that point. NONE PERIOD.

Tell me something... you're a cop dispatched to a man acting strangely, you show up and you see a man staggering like he might be drunk. He seems incoherent and if he's speaking at all, his speech is slurred. Do you:

A. Start barking orders, demanding he keep his hands visible, then maybe demand he lay down on the ground.
B. Start beating him with a baton if he isn't doing your demanded hokey pokey dance.
C. Pull a taser on him and taser him because he looks like he might be trying to get in a vehicle or worse yet shoot his because you're askeerd he MIGHT be getting a gun because ALL those staggering folks have guns and try to shoot us.
D. Walk up to him and calmly ask, "Sir are you OK?" and if he doesn't respond, suspect he might be having a diabetic seizure or some other medical emergency? (I have been in this very state over extremely low blood sugar and FORTUNATELY none of my coworkers were LEOs, nor did they mistake me for being a potentially violent drunk.)
E. Nah... SCREW D!!! You just want to go home to your loving family tonight, right? Shoot him!!!

WTF is wrong with this world? Protect and Serve has turned into Protect their own and Serve the profit making system.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:46 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I NEVER would have pulled a gun in that scenario nor would I have been barking orders at someone simply because I was a cop when I had no lawful authority to be barking orders at them.

There was NOTHING that could be claimed to be RAS to detain, much less PC to arrest yet these multiple idiot LEOs were barking differing orders at Mr. Crutcher then pulling weapons on him when he wasn't doing their hokey pokey dance that they were demanding he do.

None of those officers should have ever needed to be in front of a jury had they done what was lawful. No barking orders, no pulling weapons, no being askeerd of their damn shadow, no cowardice, no MURDERING a man who was unarmed had his hands up for no reason because the officers at the scene had ZERO RAS and ZERO PC.

WTF? When did we authorize LEOs to dictate to us, make demands of us, order us around without RAS that a crime had been, was being or was about to be committed or had PC that a crime had been committed.

I noticed that former bad cop, the retired bad cop never returned to answer what the RAS or PC of a CRIME was that any of those officers had in that incident BEFORE they started barking orders or gunning down an unarmed man with his damn hands in the air when he never needed to put them in the air to begin with. They had ZERO authority at that point. NONE PERIOD.

Tell me something... you're a cop dispatched to a man acting strangely, you show up and you see a man staggering like he might be drunk. He seems incoherent and if he's speaking at all, his speech is slurred. Do you:

A. Start barking orders, demanding he keep his hands visible, then maybe demand he lay down on the ground.
B. Start beating him with a baton if he isn't doing your demanded hokey pokey dance.
C. Pull a taser on him and taser him because he looks like he might be trying to get in a vehicle or worse yet shoot his because you're askeerd he MIGHT be getting a gun because ALL those staggering folks have guns and try to shoot us.
D. Walk up to him and calmly ask, "Sir are you OK?" and if he doesn't respond, suspect he might be having a diabetic seizure or some other medical emergency? (I have been in this very state over extremely low blood sugar and FORTUNATELY none of my coworkers were LEOs, nor did they mistake me for being a potentially violent drunk.)
E. Nah... SCREW D!!! You just want to go home to your loving family tonight, right? Shoot him!!!

WTF is wrong with this world? Protect and Serve has turned into Protect their own and Serve the profit making system.
Um not going to respond back to someone who knows nothing about me however insists on attacking me . You never were a cop. You never walked in my shoes. You have zero idea what I would do on patrol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies