Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 05:01 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Nixon was the first president I did not vote for.

Trump can not stop being Trump. I think his antics will continue until Congress has no choice but to force him to resign. When he does, he will go to a doctor, receive a diagnosis, and fade into history as a mentally unstable President due to dementia, Alzheimer's or what ever. He will receive appropriate sympathy from politicians and America due to his medical problems and eventually be buried with honors.
That's one version of the future.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
... I have noted before that an 'honest' person would not so gleefully and frequently read out stolen DNC emails.

Yet, he did.
I never saw Trump actually read any of the Russian-hacked DNC emails. I've seen clips of him referring to them as if they were filled with evidence of criminal conspiracies, but the only conspiracy that I ever read of was the pizza parlor fiasco. I have yet to read of any evidence of criminal activity whatsoever contained in those hacked emails.

Wikileaks could have posted Podesta's grocery list and Trump would have carried on as if it were a coded list of people Clinton had assassinated with her bare hands.

BTW, Anthony Weiner is living proof that Clinton is not actually an assassin.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:14 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Nixon was the first president I did not vote for.

Trump can not stop being Trump. I think his antics will continue until Congress has no choice but to force him to resign. When he does, he will go to a doctor, receive a diagnosis, and fade into history as a mentally unstable President due to dementia, Alzheimer's or what ever. He will receive appropriate sympathy from politicians and America due to his medical problems and eventually be buried with honors.
There are only two ways Trump will leave office before 2020. First, he has a heart attack or stroke - both mentally and physically he is not destined for longevity. Secondly, he gets impeached, because you know Trump would never resign willingly like Nixon did. He will fight to the bitter end and he will destroy everything around him during the process, and after his impeachment as well, should it succeed.

Trump will not fade into history. One way or the other he will be remembered. Psychopaths that become tyrannical leaders make their mark in history, that is reality.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
There are only two ways Trump will leave office before 2020. First, he has a heart attack or stroke - both mentally and physically he is not destined for longevity. Secondly, he gets impeached, because you know Trump would never resign willingly like Nixon did. He will fight to the bitter end and he will destroy everything around him during the process, and after his impeachment as well, should it succeed.
I have my doubts that Trump will listen to reason and resign. It would be so out of character.

However, if his back is against the wall, he will likely try to negotiate a deal of some sort that includes him resigning.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-30-2017 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-30-2017, 05:40 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,459 times
There is absolutely no comparison, and there will not be until there is any evidence proving collusion between the Trump administration and Russia. In case you've missed it, even the most steadfast anti-Trump news agency out there, CNN, has had a producer, and host admit there is absolutely nothing to the Trump Russia story. They're running with it because it means ratings, and rating mean revenue.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
There is absolutely no comparison, and there will not be until there is any evidence proving collusion between the Trump administration and Russia. In case you've missed it, even the most steadfast anti-Trump news agency out there, CNN, has had a producer, and host admit there is absolutely nothing to the Trump Russia story. They're running with it because it means ratings, and rating mean revenue.
Evidence of the trump campaign coordinating with the Russians is already out there. Trump read a piece at a rally that had only been available for a short time on the Kremlin's RT. Roger Stone communicated with Wikileaks, and Trump constantly flogged Wikileaks. ...

Then there are all the stories that don't hang together. Kushner said he was talking diplomacy with the Russian banker. Banker said they were talking loans. Sessions can't remember who he talked with or exactly what they talked about, but he's almost absolutely positive they didn't discuss anything of consequence. ...

Of course, CNN and all are running with it. It's the story of the century.

A dozen top level attorneys don't step away from their careers for an investigation based on no evidence whatsoever.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:58 AM

34,993 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No comparison. There has never been an American political scandal more explosive than Watergate. This crap nowadays isn't even close to being a parallel.

You have to have lived through it to know just how serious it was. Even us kids knew that something terrible was going down.

Basically, this Trump thing is child's play in comparison.
I repped the post since this hits the nail on the head. There is no comparison between attempts to cover up middle of the night activities, i.e. crimes, and attempts to find a crime to fit the investigation. I did not vote for Trump but I think his attackers were confidently expecting another four years of Democratic administration and got the shock of their lives when a bunch of states that are reliably Democratic flipped.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:04 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,309 times
I wonder how never-trumpers feel knowing they have been lied to this entire now that it's been revealed that the thing was made up by CNN for ratings. It pretty much nulls this thread.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Doesn't even compare to Watergate, now that the lies trying to frame people for things they never did have been exposed.

The comparison to Watergate is about to bust wide open.
Lynch & Rice are just the beginning, of something bigger than Watergate.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:12 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,418,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No comparison. There has never been an American political scandal more explosive than Watergate. This crap nowadays isn't even close to being a parallel.

You have to have lived through it to know just how serious it was. Even us kids knew that something terrible was going down.

Basically, this Trump thing is child's play in comparison.
Wrong. Trump inexplicably is ignoring Russia's obvious efforts to disrupt the elections in the U.S. and our democratic allies. Russia even attempted to hack boards of elections. Many consider this an act of war, while Trump sits on his hands, praises Putin, and even denies the seriousness of the situation. Why?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7790701.html

When Trump's kids tell others that the Trump real estate empire was dependent on Russian financing, we do we now ignore their past claims? A significant majority of Americans know that Trump is trust-worthy.

Why do Trump and the Trumpies ignore the military aid that Putin is supplying to the Taliban in Afghanistan?

All of this is documented in earlier posts.

If investigators link Russian financing to the Trumps, Trump is toast, especially as Trump has repeatedly denied any dependency on Russian financing.

IMO, Trumpies who down play the seriousness of Russian collusion investigations aren't much different than the Vichy French who supported the Nazis, although perhaps decidedly more ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies