Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 04:35 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I also suspect that they know that if Trump gains his balance Hillary and perhaps Obama will wind up on the wrong side of investigations, for actual crimes.
And if fishes were wishes, we'd all have a fry.

If Trump gains his balance?

Dare to dream.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:38 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post

We've had Presidents who I thought were fools and incompetents, even corrupt to some degree, but, before Donald Trump, we've never had a President who I suspected was treasonous.
I've thought Presidents were corporate shills, but this is the first time I've ever thought one was shilling for Russian oligarchs.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I've thought Presidents were corporate shills, but this is the first time I've ever thought one was shilling for Russian oligarchs.
Can you give detailed example including the Oligarch in question?

Old 07-03-2017, 05:06 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Can you give detailed example including the Oligarch in question?
Read the links already provided. Names are mentioned. E.g., we know the Russian bankers that Kushner met with after Trump's election victory.

Hopefully, Mueller and Congressional committee will discover exactly who financed Trump real estate developments during the Great Recession. Why do you ignore the Russian financing claims of Trump's sons? Finding such answers is exactly why there are independent investigations.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
The story is losing steam......there is a reason.

Last month, Democratic Senator Ed Markey delivered what seemed like an explosive bit of news during an interview with CNN: A grand jury had been impaneled in New York, he said, to investigate the Trump campaign’s alleged collusion with Russia.

The only problem: It wasn’t true.

The precise origins of the rumor are difficult to pin down, but it had been ricocheting around social media for days before Markey’s interview. The story had no reliable sourcing, and not a single credible news outlet touched it—but it had been fervently championed by The Palmer Report, a liberal blog known for peddling conspiracy theories, and by anti-Trump Twitter crusaders like Louise Mensch. Soon enough, prominent people with blue checkmarks by their names were amplifying it with “Big if true”-type Tweets. And by May 11, the story had migrated from the bowels of the internet to the mouth of a United States senator.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...swamps/530736/

Conspiracies do that.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:21 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Threads like this are proof that Democrats have completely lost their minds.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:21 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Threads like this are proof that Democrats have completely lost their minds.
I'm an extremely liberal Democrat. Read my posts in this thread. Have I lost my mind?

For those who were around during Watergate, how does this Russia probe compare? Views: 4,743
Posted By jbgusa
I couldn't rep you again but equally well said. ...

I couldn't rep you again but equally well said.

I also suspect that they know that if Trump gains his balance Hillary and perhaps Obama will wind up on the wrong side of investigations, for...

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies Yesterday, 05:49 PM Replies: 285
For those who were around during Watergate, how does this Russia probe compare?
Views: 4,743
Posted By jbgusa
The difference was that the Democrat loss of the...

The difference was that the Democrat loss of the 1972 election was no surprise. 2016 was a surprise and the Democrats are pretending they really won. Or somehow were entitled to win.

Entitled...

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies Yesterday, 05:48 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
OK, would the (Hillary) Clinton Administration...

OK, would the (Hillary) Clinton Administration have investigated this Russia thing if they won?

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 07-01-2017, 05:11 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
From the balance of your post you actually show...

From the balance of your post you actually show very little memory of Watergate. I shall continue.

The "third-rate burglary" hypothesis was from well before the election and after the break-in....

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 07-01-2017, 04:03 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
So that when Trump took ordinary actions in the...

So that when Trump took ordinary actions in the course of diplomacy he would risk committing an impeachable offense.

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 07-01-2017, 04:11 AM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
Shhhhhhh, ya have to wait before scaring the...

Shhhhhhh, ya have to wait before scaring the children with the end of the play, let it come as a surprise.[/quote]I'm no Trumpster but I'm not a hater either. Mueller is making himself an...

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-30-2017, 10:46 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
What about the chip that the Russians inserted...

What about the chip that the Russians inserted into peoples' brains? </sarcasm>

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-30-2017, 02:32 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
If the Democrats won the election is there a...

If the Democrats won the election is there a chance that we'd be hearing "The Russians Are Coming" drumbeats?

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-30-2017, 08:58 AM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
I repped the post since this hits the nail on the...

I repped the post since this hits the nail on the head. There is no comparison between attempts to cover up middle of the night activities, i.e. crimes, and attempts to find a crime to fit the...

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-23-2017, 06:23 AM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
The subject of the Mueller investigation is...

The subject of the Mueller investigation is supposed to be Russian meddling in the election, not Russian meddling in a real estate empire. This kind of mission creep could bag the most virtuous of...

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-21-2017, 11:14 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
No one has answered. Concerned about what issue,...

No one has answered. Concerned about what issue, other than finding a way to bag Donald Trump?

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-18-2017, 11:05 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
Forget evidence. One example of politically...

Forget evidence. One example of politically motivated hacking tied to the Trump campaign would be a start. I repped Toyman's post.

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-18-2017, 10:18 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
According to the same fake news, or what I call...

According to the same fake news, or what I call biased news sources, the premise was that they could use the machinery of a lawful investigation to "investigate" the opposition and out or unmask...

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-18-2017, 09:58 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
But the coverup started almost coincident with...

But the coverup started almost coincident with the burglary, a crime. There simply is no crime to which any Trump activity is tied.

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-18-2017, 09:41 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
A burglary somehow isn't a crime? I never heard...

A burglary somehow isn't a crime? I never heard of that before. The obstruction was when the burglars were found in possession of about $10,000 in sequentially numbered $100 bills, which quickly...

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-18-2017, 07:08 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
But what crime do you want investigated? And...

But what crime do you want investigated? And truth about what?

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-18-2017, 07:06 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
Because in the real world of foreign policy Trump...

Because in the real world of foreign policy Trump was left with a set of sanctions he might not have imposed, and lifting or modifying them is messy, especially in an atmosphere of his being accused...

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-18-2017, 06:54 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
The trouble on one of these issues, Russian...

The trouble on one of these issues, Russian sanctions, is that Obama put them into effect when they could not possibly affect Hillary's election, but would be in effect to handcuff the new Trump...

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-18-2017, 06:40 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
At some point he has to be allowed to discharge...

At some point he has to be allowed to discharge his duties. By your view he has no legitimacy to do literally anything. Every president since FDR has in some way engaged with the Soviet Union and...

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-18-2017, 02:03 PM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
Will "the investigation" ever end?

Will "the investigation" ever end?

Forum: Politics and Other Controversies 06-18-2017, 12:12 AM Replies: 285
Posted By jbgusa
Nixon had a 3 1/2 year period in office before...

Nixon had a 3 1/2 year period in office before the Watergate burglary. There was plenty of official crime, not just Watergate. There was targeting of enemies by the IRS. The Ellsberg psychiatrist..

Old 07-05-2017, 10:45 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Russian paratroopers could be occupying the White House and the Capitol and Trumpies would deny it.
and conspiracy freak democrats will believe there really are "Russian paratroopers occupying the White House," despite no evidence that they are

Quote:
Trumpies, fortunately unlike most of even the Republicans in Congress, don't care about Russian interference in our nation's elections, and even the hacking of election boards. And they don't care one bit about why Trump isn't concerned about these direct attacks on our democracy, and why Trump fired Comey for his investigation of Russian meddling and hacking.

In my book, when a foreign government attempts to undermine our democracy, it's much more serious than Watergate.

Trumpies who join Trump in stonewalling the actions of Russia's dictator are disgusting.
What I find disgusting, is liberal dems who create conspiracy theories, without a shred of proof to validate them.

The loney left thinks Trump is capable of some weird Russian-Trump conspiracy, and just like there are no "Russian paratroopers occupying the White House," there is no Russian-Trump collusion.

Now, go sip some hot green tea, and come back to reality.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:49 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Read the links already provided. Names are mentioned. E.g., we know the Russian bankers that Kushner met with after Trump's election victory.

Hopefully, Mueller and Congressional committee will discover exactly who financed Trump real estate developments during the Great Recession. Why do you ignore the Russian financing claims of Trump's sons? Finding such answers is exactly why there are independent investigations.
People who believed in this contrived Russia-Trump collusion crap used to be funny, but now, with it going on so long, and ZERO freaking proof, those same folks who still believe in this conspiracy, are just flat out creepy now.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:07 PM

8,496 posts, read 4,557,552 times
This now beginning to compare to Watergate. The early repeated denials by Trump, Pence, and campaign/WH officials. The firing of those overseeing the investigation in an effort to impede it. The mounting evidence directly contradicting the denials. The growing indication of illegal activities by those close to Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies