Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 09:57 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
I like Pence. Trump is too liberal for me.
True. I too often neglect the more conservative types who don't like Trump. I'll amend my statement to say 'many' who don't like Trump will also not like Pence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 10:09 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
I guess, to answer the question, is that Mr. Pence has kept a low profile; easy to do, with Mr. Trump around.

It does appear that Mr. Pence is looking to the future:

VP Mike Pence unveils his new political action committee - UPI.com

As the article notes, it is somewhat unusual for a Vice President (particularly in a first Presidential term) to set up his own fundraising committee. Of course, the 'purpose' of this PAC is to help those Republicans running for election in 2018.

Nevertheless, it is a bit curious. I wonder what President Trump thinks of this action?

Old 05-18-2017, 10:11 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
guess... speculate.. guess more, here.. paint these nails this way... Speculate... Oh a nice trim above the ears please...

guess, more speculate... put a gun to own head... pull trigger...

Seriously, you people act like a bunch of gossip hounds.

FFS I hate the Internet with all its idiots.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:17 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,171 times
Could point, and Reince Priebus has been very clean as well.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:18 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
And it starts: it's just been revealed that Pence apparently lied about when he found out about Flynn's work for Turkey.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:18 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
If being competent means he understands how corrupt the government is and how little they really do, I'll give you that.
Well, Pence is part of that government.....so....

Old 05-18-2017, 10:20 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
With all the stories and controversy surrounding virtually everyone in the Trump administration and anyone in congress close to the administration somehow Pence has emerged virtually unscathed. Does this at all seem odd?
It's almost certain Flynn will be indicted and prosecuted. He wanted immunity and is now refusing to answer a subpoena. There's a good chance it will emerge that Pence, who was an active member of Trump's transition team vetting and hiring people, was fully aware of Flynn's double agent status with Turkey and helped cover it up.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:20 AM

937 posts, read 699,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
I like Pence. Trump is too liberal for me.
Nah, Pence is too capitalist for me. I prefer Hitler, but Putin would do.

It's getting closer:
Attached Thumbnails
Why has Pence received a free pass in all of this?-hangmans-noose.jpg  

Old 05-18-2017, 10:23 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I'm aware of that.

But as an informed citizen, I know that, even if he's much more conservative than Trump, at least Pence is a true politician. He actually knows how government works and is competent.

Trump is a blowhard that has no idea what the **** he's doing. Donald Trump an idiot.

Pence is extremely conservative, which I'm not happy about, but at least he knows how the system works. If Trump were to be impeached, the republicans won't be able to recover from it by 2018. So the Dems will take back the house and/or senate and Pence will be a lame duck president
^ this

I identify as a moderate Republican so I don't really like Pence's hardcore social conservatism but at least he's mentally stable, respects the rule of law, doesn't whine about everything under the sun on Twitter, and he does not go around inciting rabid mobs. I don't have to worry about Pence nuking Denmark because the Danish PM bashed him on Twitter.

Also like Skins_fan82 said, if Trump were to resign or be impeached it would basically be game over. Ryan and McConnell have hitched their wagons to Trump. There's no coming back from that, the Republicans would be annihilated in 2018 and 2020. It would be 2006 and 2008 all over again, and with demographic changes and the refusal (inability?) of the GOP to expand their base beyond older and/or less well educated Whites it's going to be harder and harder for the GOP to come back. I truly believe that the 2016 election was the swan song of the Republican Party in it's present form, if they survive it won't be as a party rooted in a mix of racism and tax cuts for Wall Street fatcats.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:32 AM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Methinks the republicans are preparing for the worst. With Trump possibly being impeached, republicans are preparing for life after Trump, with Pence as POTUS.

I believe they are trying to keep Pence as far away from Trump as possible these days so that he doesn't get caught in the vortex of Trump's sinking ship.

That way, if Trump ends up getting the boot, Pence can say he was nowhere near Trump's messy issues and is squeaky clean and ready to be POTUS.
Seasoned politicians associated with Trump like Sessions and Nunes or political insiders like Prebus or Kellyanne Conway have had all sorts of stories and controversy. Prebus back in February was accused of asking the FBI to to refute a negative Trump Russia story. So to say that Pence is just better, smarter or has better political skills than the above does not fly. I get that the Washington GOP establishment would be happy if Pence took over and they are not going to say anything bad about him but even the MSM has been virtually silent on anything negative on Pence since the election especially compared to just about everyone else. And just staying out of trouble does not mean the press cannot have an unnamed source create a negative story out of thin air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies