Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 01:13 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm not 100% on whether or not he has actually broken any laws since he was sworn in. Yes, it was bad form to give out Israel's intel, but that was just stupidity and stupidity isn't illegal (yet).

I do wonder what happened in the run-up to his election and if he came in with any legal issues that could get him impeached.

I pretty much think he'll be removed via the 25th and Pence will take over, though. Trump is mentally declining.
If he declines much more his next appearance will show him sucking a "soother". His tweets just barely make any kind of cognitive sense as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 01:47 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
There is not going to be any impeachment because Trump has not broken any law. Stop listening to the lies from the left.

If it had happened, it wouldn't send the message that you think it would send.
Maybe he has broken the law, or maybe not. That will be determined by the investigation that is still only taking shape.

For the moment, you're right- Trump is presumed innocent until found guilty. If he actually is innocent, he would be wise to welcome an investigation, so this matter can be cleared away and put to rest.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:57 PM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Obama was right about them thar guns and religion.
Was he ever...

Old 05-18-2017, 02:07 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We'll suspend that law considering the flagrant injustice the leftists fascists are attempting with this coup attempt.
Your ignorance of the Constitution is rivaled only by your inability to acknowledge what a ***** show Trump's presidency has been since the get-go. He'll likely be out before the year is over and will never run again.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:11 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
He may or may not have committed an impeachable offense at this point. But if he's called to testify under oath, he's a goner. He can't tell the truth to save his life and then he'll be facing perjury charges. That's what got Clinton impeached.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:49 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
He may or may not have committed an impeachable offense at this point. But if he's called to testify under oath, he's a goner. He can't tell the truth to save his life and then he'll be facing perjury charges. That's what got Clinton impeached.
It doesn't really matter if he has or has not committed an impeachable offense. They are close to getting him now (consider this: a week ago, only a few Dems and few in the lamestream media had started referencing the "i" word.....by today, the entire Dem Party, the entire lamestream media, and a good chunk of the Republican Party is referencing the "i" word on a regular basis. By the end of next week, it will be a tidal wave).

They got Nixon........he left an opening, too. Maybe an even bigger one than the one that Trump has left. The most important point, though, is how much better they are at playing this game and getting Republicans than they were even 40-45 years ago. They are far, far better at it: their speed and efficiency has improved tenfold. What took a year or two to do with Nixon can now be done in a few months. They have really refined their "art". (A dark art, to be sure....but it is what it is).

Old 05-18-2017, 04:59 PM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Love Trump, have been behind him since late 2015.
I find very little fault with his job to date......a bit, but not bad overall.
That said, he's toast. And the funny thing is, I think I always knew it would happen just like this. And it is something that NEEDS to happen, so I don't feel bad at all. Just as we needed him to win the nomination (bringing some light on the cockroaches in the process), so this process of impeachment and removal needs to happen. We need a "cleansing" of the GOP and our system in general, and the destruction of the Trump administration is certainly going to accomplish that in the long run. (But not in the way the leftists think........lol).
Goodbye, Good Old Boys and Girls Club of the Establishment Elite. Goodbye, lamestream media. Goodbye, Republican flunkies. You are going to regret this, but you're too dumb to see that now......lol

Bring it on....the faster the better (I hope he's out by June).
Okay, so I'm intrigued. What is going to happen if Trump gets railroaded?

Old 05-18-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I do love the phrase 'leftists fascists It's like saying dry water or sunny dark.
Yet I'm not the one trying to pick your pocket. Would "liberal thieves" sound better to you?

Old 05-18-2017, 05:03 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Okay, so I'm intrigued. What is going to happen if Trump gets railroaded?
If the Trump administration gets destroyed (as it will), the stain on the Republicans Party will be immense-- much more than in 1974. The "middle voters" who sometimes vote GOP will be completely turned off at every voting level. Moreover, most grassroots Republicans who supported Trump will be so mad over the lack of any support for him from the party bigwhigs and cuckservatives that they will be completely done with the GOP. So it will be landslide routs for years to come. That is a good thing, as it will get rid of so many of the Establishment swine. They will finally be GONE.
What comes after that, in ten or fifteen years, is anybody's guess. But things will certainly look very, very different...........maybe no more GOP at all.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
If the Trump administration gets destroyed (as it will), the stain on the Republicans Party will be immense-- much more than in 1974. The "middle voters" who sometimes vote GOP will be completely turned off at every voting level. Moreover, most grassroots Republicans who supported Trump will be so mad over the lack of any support for him from the party bigwhigs and cuckservatives that they will be completely done with the GOP. So it will be landslide routs for years to come. That is a good thing, as it will get rid of so many of the Establishment swine. They will finally be GONE.
What comes after that, in ten or fifteen years, is anybody's guess. But things will certainly look very, very different...........maybe no more GOP at all.
So, essentially, a one-party system. I don't know about anyone else, but that raises a little red flag in my head, no matter which party is in power. Too many bad things have come of that in too many nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies