Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 09:29 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,876,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Two more terms really? This corrupt clown will be lucky to stay out of jail. I'm just going to enjoy watching Comey and Mueller back up the truck and keep running over this piece of trash.

Making America Corrupt Again!
It won't be about "jail for Trump". Once he's out, the left will be back in power, AND the "message will be sent". That's all that matters. It's not personal. Even when Ford pardoned Nixon, the left didn't care much.....it was never about Nixon and his possible crimes. It was just about getting power back, and advancing the Narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 09:41 PM

26,649 posts, read 28,537,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
It won't be about "jail for Trump". Once he's out, the left will be back in power, AND the "message will be sent". That's all that matters. It's not personal. Even when Ford pardoned Nixon, the left didn't care much.....it was never about Nixon and his possible crimes. It was just about getting power back, and advancing the Narrative.
Are you some sort of sorcerer or astrologer? All this Deep State chatter, whatever Deep State is. I don't know where people get this stuff but it's weird. You can also predict the future, I see. You know everyone's motives for whatever they do too.

Maybe it comes from weird newspapers or weird radio programs? Or aliens from outer space? While everyone else is discussing Trump outcomes, you are somehow able to predict the future and you're familiar with some sort of Deep State. Most of us have never heard of this Deep State stuff before but it seems to have cropped up the last few days on here. Something new somebody cooked up? Fake news probably.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:58 PM

1,158 posts, read 953,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
IDK looks like there is going to be an investigation, so he still has plenty of time and opportunities to perjur himself at some point or another, and that is a perfectly valid reason for impeachment right?
No doubt he will perjure himself. It's not like he has not flip flopped on numerous issues already -- on video. His stance changes from day-to-day. If he is still in office next year at this time I will be surprised. He's an embarrassment to the mainstream GOP. Trump has brought the trash of reality TV to the Presidency.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:05 PM

23 posts, read 14,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
There is not going to be any impeachment because Trump has not broken any law. Stop listening to the lies from the left.

If it had happened, it wouldn't send the message that you think it would send.
Even if Trump was behind the Russian collusion... that is not even a crime. This whole story is just a waste of time because people can't get over the historic election.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:19 PM

26,649 posts, read 28,537,679 times
He'll probably be much happier when he returns to his old life. He's a business tycoon and a tv show host and he's better suited for that life.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Are you some sort of sorcerer or astrologer? All this Deep State chatter, whatever Deep State is. I don't know where people get this stuff but it's weird. You can also predict the future, I see. You know everyone's motives for whatever they do too.

Maybe it comes from weird newspapers or weird radio programs? Or aliens from outer space? While everyone else is discussing Trump outcomes, you are somehow able to predict the future and you're familiar with some sort of Deep State. Most of us have never heard of this Deep State stuff before but it seems to have cropped up the last few days on here. Something new somebody cooked up? Fake news probably.
Well, you leftists certainly DID vociferously believe in the Deep State for decades......in fact, right up until the very moment Trump won the election and you NEEDED it! lol. Then all of a sudden, we could hear crickets chirp.....strange.
Pure silliness to say what you say.
Go read some Glenn Greenwald......sometimes I think he's the only leftist remaining with even a shred of integrity.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:45 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,836,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supbro13 View Post
Even if Trump was behind the Russian collusion... that is not even a crime. This whole story is just a waste of time because people can't get over the historic election.
HISTORIC!!! Yes, Hillary received 3 MILLION more popular votes, yet he won by 80 thousand or so electoral college votes. Add the Russian and Comey interference and yes, you can say HISTORIC!

Now our country is in crisis mode with who knows what is going on. Trump thinks the Russian leaders like him and he gives them a good old boy pass. He does not even know that they are only using him.

I think that Pence will be a better President, for now. HISTORIC, indeed.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
HISTORIC!!! Yes, Hillary received 3 MILLION more popular votes, yet he won by 80 thousand or so electoral college votes. Add the Russian and Comey interference and yes, you can say HISTORIC!

Now our country is in crisis mode with who knows what is going on. Trump thinks the Russian leaders like him and he gives them a good old boy pass. He does not even know that they are only using him.

I think that Pence will be a better President, for now. HISTORIC, indeed.
Once Trump is out, the entire GOP will be discredited....including Pence. (Look at Ford---couldn't even beat a complete outsider in 76).

Old 05-20-2017, 05:33 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,080,436 times
I think Trump's biggest vulnerability is his difficulty with telling - or even recognizing - the truth. With all the hearings and also all the other lawsuits pending against him, he only has to be put on the stand once. He will, of course, lie. It doesn't really matter what the subject of the testimony is; he will lie. So then he can be gotten on perjury. That is an impeachable offence because in addition to being a crime, it is undermining the American judiciary system, something he is sworn to defend. So he could for sure be impeached. But its not as clear that he would be convicted and removed from office. So if there is a mood for impeachment because of perjury, do you think Pence and Sessions would escape that? Sessions is already admitting that he lied, under oath, to the senate. That's why he recused himself from the Russian investigation. I really, really don't understand why politicians in general have not made the realization that the cover-up is usually more dangerous than the crime. It certainly was for Nixon and for Bill Clinton.

It seems to me also that Trump's white house is substantially crippled by not having a full staff. He never had time to fill the positions before all the storms started, and many were filled because people were perceived to be loyal, not competent (it happens in all administrations, but perhaps not to the degree we have seen lately.) All those positions not filled have functions. Defending the policies of the president, developing new legislation, arranging for PR events that help hold onto the president's popularity, securing relationships that will help policy to become reality (and lots more) will be difficult or impossible because there just isn't the staff to do it. In addition, it seems that many staff people are not really loyal to Trump because he isn't loyal to them. He keeps changing the story and throwing his defenders under the bus. I imagine they mostly feel like the administration is built on shifting sand, and they will make an exit whenever it seems necessary.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I think Trump's biggest vulnerability is his difficulty with telling - or even recognizing - the truth. With all the hearings and also all the other lawsuits pending against him, he only has to be put on the stand once. He will, of course, lie. It doesn't really matter what the subject of the testimony is; he will lie. So then he can be gotten on perjury. That is an impeachable offence because in addition to being a crime, it is undermining the American judiciary system, something he is sworn to defend. So he could for sure be impeached. But its not as clear that he would be convicted and removed from office. So if there is a mood for impeachment because of perjury, do you think Pence and Sessions would escape that? Sessions is already admitting that he lied, under oath, to the senate. That's why he recused himself from the Russian investigation. I really, really don't understand why politicians in general have not made the realization that the cover-up is usually more dangerous than the crime. It certainly was for Nixon and for Bill Clinton.

It seems to me also that Trump's white house is substantially crippled by not having a full staff. He never had time to fill the positions before all the storms started, and many were filled because people were perceived to be loyal, not competent (it happens in all administrations, but perhaps not to the degree we have seen lately.) All those positions not filled have functions. Defending the policies of the president, developing new legislation, arranging for PR events that help hold onto the president's popularity, securing relationships that will help policy to become reality (and lots more) will be difficult or impossible because there just isn't the staff to do it. In addition, it seems that many staff people are not really loyal to Trump because he isn't loyal to them. He keeps changing the story and throwing his defenders under the bus. I imagine they mostly feel like the administration is built on shifting sand, and they will make an exit whenever it seems necessary.
Your post makes great sense, but you need to add a caveat: whereas a Bill Clinton could perjure himself while in office, and survive it, Trump will not (assuming that's the way it goes down).
It's not 1998 anymore and for the forces of the left, Deep State, and lamestream media, politics is a blood sport. THEY will know how to "put Trump away" once they have him on the ropes. The Republicans could not do so with Clinton. That's because they are hapless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies