Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 03:47 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,681,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So, we got to be the most successful country on earth by non-productive American workers? Are you serious? It doesn't matter how productive or hard working that some of the these illegals may be they aren't lawfully entitled to work here. What part of that don't you get? Our laws are first and foremost. Most every job you mentioned used to be done by Americans for a fair wage until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border to make the rich, richer.

Their so-called contributions don't begin to cover their enormous social costs. They only contribute to themselves and the greedy employers who employ them to increase their profits. They also send billions out of our country back to their homelands not spent in our economy.

There are hardly any unions anymore. Construction job wages are half of what they used to pay because of the readily availability of an illegal, cheap work force. No, Americans don't deserve this. WTH are you talking about?

Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers
Nowhere did I say Americans are non-productive. It was the right wingers who were claiming that illegals pull the whole economy down by not producing anything. Quite the opposite. They live on the edge, and if they don't produce they are screwed. If their boss decides to short their paycheck they are screwed.

Unions were not wiped out in the workplace, they were wiped out in the legislature, and it was a 100% conservative action. Some ignorant construction worker thought "right to work laws" sounded great, when what it really meant was that any scab could take his job for a fraction of a fair wage.

Look at the map of what industries illegals work in. Throughout the conservative South, they work in the construction industry, except Arkansas and Mississippi where they are chicken pluckers. In the conservative Midwest they get the factory jobs. In the West they get to be hotel maids and cabana boys.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:02 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,681,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Open borders started with the Carter administration and Cuba emptied their prisons. Reagan or anybody else never stopped it. So we have been taking in refugees for decades.

Drug cartels get an member to become an American citizen so they have a stronghold in the U.S. to receive the drugs.

Legal Immigrants get jobs in the medical field and abuse their patients to get back at the U.S. or further their agenda.

Republicans hire them but say they don't. Most people I know are in the middle and believe, early to bed...early to rise, and shut off the TV.

Living in NJ I see it everyday.
Out of curiosity, when did closed borders start? I know we had open borders for people in the early '60s, though we charged import duties on manufactured stuff. The Mexicans I worked with in the fields came and went any time they wanted, no work visas required. Nobody asked for proof of citizenship when you applied for a SS card. Florida was setting up soup kitchens for Cuban refugees, and to this day there are a bunch of Cubans in Florida. Castro was a communist, so anyone who wasn't Castro was obviously a conservative.

I know the US chased a bunch of Braceros back to Mexico after WWII, but I always thought that was more a media circus than a real thing. Most Mexicans in the US went about their lives unmolested. They held jobs, sent their kids to school, had a drivers license and SS card, and paid taxes just like Americans. When did that end?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies