Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:11 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times

Advertisements

If there is a coordinated effort by people in intelligence and the media and government employees to use extra legal means to circumvent democratically elected politicians, it should be discussed and people should be angry Its threads like these and the passiveness of the left is why I left the Democrat party and voted for ron paul , the left is just intellectually exhausted.

The Democrat party is the same few identity driven groups, the same mindless political correctness, terrible leaders, regionally isolated, dependent on a mediocre media and celebrities, at least in england they know how bad the future is for labour

Old 05-19-2017, 10:21 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Anyone find it interesting how some of these catch phrases all start flying around from a certain set of folks on here, as if almost on cue?

I think the last one was "coup."

I know! Let's have some fun - guess what tomorrow's right-wing conspiracy catch phrase will be!

All you have to do is watch Fox News or listen to right wing hate radio today to know what certain people are going to post on CD tomorrow. It is like political karaoke for "Real Americans".

Old 05-19-2017, 11:20 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Anyone find it interesting how some of these catch phrases all start flying around from a certain set of folks on here, as if almost on cue?

I know! Let's have some fun - guess what tomorrow's right-wing conspiracy catch phrase will be!
I think the most recent one is "rumor and innuendo". It has popped up in two threads today.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Government agencies doing the job of congress,(the deep state) with very little oversight and allowed no make policy that limits individual liberties. Then it takes an act of Congress or the Supreme Court to make them stop robbing that liberty.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:30 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I think the most recent one is "rumor and innuendo". It has popped up in two threads today.

Yep. A few days ago the talking points were related to that young DNC guy that died and the contrived connection to wikileaks that the Fox reporter made up.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:56 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:

There must be an alt-right Magic Eightball that generates the daily Word.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:32 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Trump never called for an end to the phony "Russia collusion" investigation, did he. In fact, he said it would continue.

Further, Comey just exonerated Trump from that charge in his May 3 testimony ...or did you miss that?

The double standards seem to be in the world the Democrats live in. Hillary can violate laws (and she did grossly mishandle classified information) and she gets away with it. Others who were charged and tried were convicted and have served or are serving time in prison.

Further, there is no uncertainty about Trump having been under surveillance, along with his campaign team AND the Transition team. The only question is, who is responsible?

Comey exonerated Trump on May 3rd? I think we should see all of the memos pertaining to Trump and Comey relating to the investigation before we form an intelligent, fact based opinion. The fact that Comey was fired just after asking for more resources to look into the Trump/Russia connection and the interference in our election looks pretty bad. Ya think?

If Trump was indeed under surveillance one would have to think that maybe a FISA warrant was involved? If that's the case that really doesn't look good for Trump. FISA warrants are not taken lightly by the judges who issue them. It will be interesting to see if there is indeed a FISA warrant on Trump.

One word I would love to see come out of the Republican's rhetoric is PATRIOT. Some of them seem to be lacking in that area.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:57 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
All you have to do is watch Fox News or listen to right wing hate radio today to know what certain people are going to post on CD tomorrow.
Gosh! What a coincidence. That's just what the pre$ident does!

Old 05-19-2017, 06:51 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Have you checked Wikipedia? After I posted, I looked it up on Wikipedia, and their article seems to support what I said, and my comment was based on some articles I read a few weeks or months back. Are they all wrong?
Good grief, I linked to the actual federal government website, and you want me to look at wikipedia? You do realize that anybody can post to wikipedia, and that they don't stand behind the accuracy of anything posted there, right? Just wondering... how is wikipedia a better source than the actual government agency that is tasked with that particular duty?

ETA: in case you really didn't read what I posted, here it is again...

"The Judiciary Act of 1789 created the Office of the Attorney General which evolved over the years into the head of the Department of Justice and chief law enforcement officer of the Federal Government."

https://www.justice.gov/ag/about-office
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies