Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I feel far sorrier for his base. ... He preys on them like lambs to the slaughter.
Yes, I agree with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,418,641 times
I feel sorry for this country - I certainly don't feel sorry for Trump. His ego-driven quest for the ultimate prize of the Presidency was fulfilled, so let him choke on it now. Bon appetit!

Old 05-19-2017, 02:01 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
I feel like he had no idea what he was actually getting involved with and now that he is in the thick of it realizes it's not as easy as just yelling at the tv news every night and telling people to do things he thinks would be right

I'm not sure I feel sorry for him, I just know he isn't someone I respect enough to believe.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:02 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,501 times
Don't feel bad for Trump. Everything bad that happens is entirely self inflicted. This is a man who loves, "not to know." ignorance is his main attribute. If there was ever a prime example of the Dunning Kreuger effect it's Trump.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:06 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Don't feel bad for Trump. Everything bad that happens is entirely self inflicted. This is a man who loves, "not to know." ignorance is his main attribute. If there was ever a prime example of the Dunning Kreuger effect it's Trump.
'Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments'

Old 05-19-2017, 02:09 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,143,418 times
Problem with Trump as president is that he should never infuriate the two vital groups: Media and Intelligence.

His contempt towards almost all media, i.e. non-attendance to the White House correspondents dinner and only allowing Russian reporters in White House during Trump's meeting with the Russian Ambassador, etc and his insult to the intelligence community including distrust of intelligence finding and the slap in the face firing of Comey make those two groups his enemy.

So his talk or phone call in White House is constantly monitored. Any inappropriate speech is right away leaked to the media. And the media right away made it a big headline story.

Now only Wall Street likes him. But his proposed policy can be executed by Pence.

Better quit than stay.

Last edited by Ian_Lee; 05-19-2017 at 02:41 PM..

Old 05-19-2017, 02:11 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times
I don't feel bad for him AT ALL. He could still be living the high life with his billions and his beautiful wife and children, his name on buildings all over the world. He chose every bit of what has happened to him and has done more to wreck the country in the last 4 months than any other president in history.

I want him to pack his crap up and move out now.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:13 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
'Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments'
Yes. Ineptitude so deep the person suffering from it lacks even the ability to recognize themselves as inept.

Dunning-Kruger Effect.

trump and his lemmings all suffer from it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect

Old 05-19-2017, 02:48 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
If you listen to the cretins in liberal media, he hasn't done anything because he's stooopid.

If you actually pay attention to what he has done, despite all of this garbage being thrown at him, he's done a lot for this country already.

If the msm lying twits would focus on something real instead of worrying about heresay, ice cream scoops, firings that they wanted in the first place, and if some of the liberals would stop playing idiotic games trying to stop him from doing things he is legally allowed to do, he could have been much further along.

There were times I even felt bad for Barack Obama...and I can't stand that arrogant, egotistical, lying pile of trash. He made mistakes along the way, he was inexperienced in the job, as well...and yet the media gave him pass after pass after pass. The public didn't...and some of those times I felt a little bad for him.

I appreciate anyone who hasn't lost all common decency and compassion...some in this thread have surprised me, unfortunately, some have not. At all. Just as hateful as can be.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:55 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
...he's done a lot for this country already.
What, specifically?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies