Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 12:32 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times

Advertisements

Quote of the Day from the LA Times:

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth. The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

Columnist Burt Prelutsky, Los Angeles Times

Old 05-19-2017, 12:45 PM

911 posts, read 590,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Chump the orange clown is walking all over you.
Actually, Chump is tripping over his own d**k in case you hadn't noticed.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I think most of our elected leaders are victorious simply because the emotional uninformed voters far outnumber the informed ones. My guy was a Johnson until he opened his mouth on foreign policy. Since I knew his chances of winning were about as good as a mammoth stuck in a tar pit I had to go with Trump.
I thought O'Malley was a possibility. There is no way I would of voted for The Joker or Waldorf muppet.

Hey at one time i even thought Obama may be able to do something. I actually hoped he would. II even said give the man a chance. He may of been a soending fool, but he wasn't going through teenage ADHD like Trump is. I can tell you that the way we're going is going to get to be unfixable. Were too fractured as a country. There is no unity.
Have no idea how you could make the jump from Johnson or O'Malley to Chump ... but I dont disagree with your general assesment of the evolving situation.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Quote of the Day from the LA Times:

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth. The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

Columnist Burt Prelutsky, Los Angeles Times
Somehow, in spite of all this condemnation, these four manage to be reelected repeatedly by an overwhelming majority. Which might be a clue as to which evaluation is more based in reality. Haters gonna hate ... and they can say what they will to try and make themselves feel better.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:13 PM

More erudite analysis. Excellent.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:49 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
You ask this after Chump the orange clown got elected POTUS?
Exactly.

Donald Trump is a national disgrace and needs to be impeached.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:03 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I think most of our elected leaders are victorious simply because the emotional uninformed voters far outnumber the informed ones. My guy was a Johnson until he opened his mouth on foreign policy. Since I knew his chances of winning were about as good as a mammoth stuck in a tar pit I had to go with Trump.
I thought O'Malley was a possibility. There is no way I would of voted for The Joker or Waldorf muppet.

Hey at one time i even thought Obama may be able to do something. I actually hoped he would. II even said give the man a chance. He may of been a soending fool, but he wasn't going through teenage ADHD like Trump is. I can tell you that the way we're going is going to get to be unfixable. Were too fractured as a country. There is no unity.
I never did understand why The Bern & Hill started parading around during the Dem debates, as if they'd already won. The only one giving serious, thoughtful and sensible answers to the questions was O'Malley.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-19-2017 at 03:10 PM..

Old 05-19-2017, 02:15 PM

19,209 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Donald Trump is a national disgrace and needs to be impeached.
I must agree with you. I've never been a fan but there is something seriously wrong with him. It's not normal. Then again, I've never been able to describe what normal is since we all have different points of view but this guy ... it's bizarre. I've said it to friends, he won't last four years. He just won't.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:25 PM

And more searing definitive analysis. On a roll today

Old 05-19-2017, 03:48 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
Have no idea how you could make the jump from Johnson or O'Malley to Chump ... but I dont disagree with your general assesment of the evolving situation.

Let me rephrase or expand on that. I said O'Malley was someone I could vote for if he was the alternative to Trump. But he wasn't. Don't get me wrong I don't think Trump was the best candidate. I would of liked to see Kasich. I likedcehatvJonhson was saying but I knew he just didn't have any horsepower.. Trump got my vote, hell Satan would of gotten my vote before Joker or Bernie. The only reason Trump got my vote was because the others simply were not going to win and I just cannot bring myself to vote for Hillary. Just can't do it.
I don't consider myself a dem or republican, but in our current political state we are nit given good choices. The choices seem to always be the lesser of the two evils.

I don't understand why these mother f'ers can't get their **** together and help this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies