Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 08:14 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yeah and she knew enough to be very protective of secret emails too. Oh, she said she didn't take the class in handling secret info and then oops she did. Maybe airhead is too kind? Can't ignore all her and Bill's involvement with Russia either and far beyond anything Trump has done. Two airheads were candidates.
What "all her and Bill's involvement with Russia"? You mean the latest Presidential tweets? Those have been debunked. Just because someone tweets it, doesn't mean it's true. More fake news.
Fact-checking Donald Trump

"Involvement with Russia" on diplomatic levels for various purposes (inspection of decommissioned nuclear weapons sites in Russia, for ex.) has always taken place. There's nothing wrong with "involvement with Russia". It's the type of involvement that may be a concern. I can't tell if you're playing coy, or if you truly aren't able to see that.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:39 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
lol BS. The media cried foul about the Iran deal. Especially since our media is controlled by Israel.

This Russia BS that is going on is just a distraction. As Israel wishes to move the US embassy to occupied Jerusalem.
Ah ha, it's the Jews. Who knew.... great sleuthing.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:40 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
https://youtu.be/Y0BdKkEKTrs

Old 05-19-2017, 09:03 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
lol BS. The media cried foul about the Iran deal. Especially since our media is controlled by Israel.

This Russia BS that is going on is just a distraction. As Israel wishes to move the US embassy to occupied Jerusalem.
Obama lied to the media about the deal and barely any criticism ensued.

From the below article:

One of President Obama’s top national security advisers led journalists to believe a misleading timeline of U.S. negotiations with Iran over a nuclear agreement and relied on inexperienced reporters to create an “echo chamber” that helped sway public opinion to seal the deal, according to a lengthy magazine profile.

Ben Rhodes, the deputy national security adviser for strategic communications, told the New York Times magazine that he helped promote a “narrative” that the administration started negotiations with Iran after the supposedly moderate Hassan Rouhani was elected president in 2013. In fact, the administration’s negotiations actually began earlier, with the country’s powerful Islamic faction, and the framework for an agreement was hammered out before Rouhani’s election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.93e33f36666f

From the below article:

A group the White House recently identified as a key surrogate in selling the Iran nuclear deal gave National Public Radio $100,000 last year to help it report on the pact and related issues, according to the group's annual report. It also funded reporters and partnerships with other news outlets.

Group that helped sell Iran nuke deal also funded media - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Old 05-20-2017, 08:33 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Not only is Maxine Waters a complete moron, she's corrupt. I would add more thoughts but I don't want to be negative.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:42 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
Kasich is honorable, negotiable, and not stupid. Same can well be said of Sanders, who had the highest personal qualities ratings of any candidates from all sides. Not sure why you missed that and somehow felt the lowest rated candidate of all - Mr Chump - could possibly be believed, trusted, or competent. That was a serious stretch of wishful thinking given his entire, public life history.

That all said, "helping this country" isn't / wasn't the goal of any of the candidates except a handful, including Kasich, Sanders, and probably O'Malley and that bizarre nut Carson. Maybe Johnson and Stein, but as you said they never had a track to run on. The rest were all init for themselves, not theUSA.
Bernie had a lot of let's give everything away mentality. Way too communist for me. Trump talked a good game of making America great, we're gonna do this that and the other. Granted I knew some of the stuff was campaign bluster pie in the sky talk. Like I said I couldn't vote Hillary. That's the only reason Trump got my vote. It wasn't because I thought he was the best choice. I grimaced when I hit the vote button. Neither one instilled ANY trust or hope for a better future.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:08 AM

911 posts, read 590,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Bernie had a lot of let's give everything away mentality. Way too communist for me. Trump talked a good game of making America great, we're gonna do this that and the other. Granted I knew some of the stuff was campaign bluster pie in the sky talk. Like I said I couldn't vote Hillary. That's the only reason Trump got my vote. It wasn't because I thought he was the best choice. I grimaced when I hit the vote button. Neither one instilled ANY trust or hope for a better future.
Understood and fair enough. Responsively, two things come to mind to offer for pondering.

1. Bernie's 'giveaways' were mostly campaign bluster pie in the sky as well. Given the nature of congress, our system, and our capitalist at root culture, only a certain amount of 'giveaways' were likely to pass actual muster. The great difference to consider then was that Bernie is completely honest and actually did believe in his ideology of hope for a better future. Trump believes in nothing but his own self love and how he is adored by some and abused by others.

2. Humanity has had thousands of years of leadership failures amid opportunities to realize "a better future." All we've managed to accomplish so far are shallow developments for labor saving devices that do nothing to advance human qualities in relationships with each other or the natural world that we abuse even as it struggles to support us.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Understood and fair enough. Responsively, two things come to mind to offer for pondering.

1. Bernie's 'giveaways' were mostly campaign bluster pie in the sky as well. Given the nature of congress, our system, and our capitalist at root culture, only a certain amount of 'giveaways' were likely to pass actual muster. The great difference to consider then was that Bernie is completely honest and actually did believe in his ideology of hope for a better future. Trump believes in nothing but his own self love and how he is adored by some and abused by others.
Believing in an ideology isn't worth much if you can't make it happen. Sincerity is nice, but only pays off if you know which buttons to push to get things done.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:53 AM

911 posts, read 590,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Believing in an ideology isn't worth much if you can't make it happen. Sincerity is nice, but only pays off if you know which buttons to push to get things done.
Personally not a fan of ideologies here. But that wasnt the point. The point was there existed an actual sincerity as a foundational platform for working to better society - to whatever extent possible. Trump has none of that. Its all just total bull. Sanders had quite a huge amount of support to advance at least parts - significant parts - of his agenda. It was a forward direction, not a backwrds, self absorbed ego trip.

That all said, Kasich also had a vision with good conservative values that would have acheived support to advnce. In the end, HRC blew it for everyone because she was so universally unacceptable. Now we are stuck in a cesspool.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Personally not a fan of ideologies here. But that wasnt the point. The point was there existed an actual sincerity as a foundational platform for working to better society - to whatever extent possible. Trump has none of that. Its all just total bull. Sanders had quite a huge amount of support to advance at least parts - significant parts - of his agenda. It was a forward direction, not a backwrds, self absorbed ego trip.

That all said, Kasich also had a vision with good conservative values that would have acheived support to advnce. In the end, HRC blew it for everyone because she was so universally unacceptable. Now we are stuck in a cesspool.
HRC & The Bern blew it by assuming they were the stars, the front-runners right out of the gate, before anyone had been nominated, thereby pushing O'Malley into the background shadows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies