Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 03:59 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,779,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Just when you think it can't get worse. Trump is his own worst enemy.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Trump said. The document logging the meeting was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/u...omey.html?_r=0

Can anyone actually believe that Trump had ANY other reason to fire Comey than to squelch the Russian investigation? And make this gloating statement directly to the Russians?
I don't know why, but every time I read the attributed quote I chuckle. We have quite the mess on our hands.

12,566 posts, read 10,587,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Trump is doing a fantastic job. These liberal hit pieces are transparent for what they are. next.
So what are they?

NEXT!

20,702 posts, read 12,497,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Just when you think it can't get worse. Trump is his own worst enemy.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Trump said. The document logging the meeting was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/u...omey.html?_r=0

Can anyone actually believe that Trump had ANY other reason to fire Comey than to squelch the Russian investigation? And make this gloating statement directly to the Russians?
He wants someone loyal to him and Comey didn't fit the bill so out he went. Telling the Russians this is so Trump.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:00 PM

45 posts, read 37,292 times
Quote:
Trump is doing a fantastic job. These liberal hit pieces are transparent for what they are. next.
LOL Fantastic job. I really can't tell who is being sarcastic anymore. Please tell me this is just sarcasm because 65% of the country disagrees with you.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:01 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,292,757 times
Quote:
Are you not getting that the White House is NOT denying that this story is true? If anyone is doing a "hit job" on Trump it's his own mouth and lack of judgement.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:02 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
No its not lol.

It's Trump being Trump. He left out some of the words. It's the way he communicates. Maybe in this case he was just trying to keep it simple since he was speaking to people whose native language is not English.

You would think people would understand this by now. But, as we all know, the media's/left's agenda is not to understand him or get clarification before they start spinning. Their agenda is to pick apart everything he says does and apply the most negative spin they can come up with.

It still remains, that anyone with half a brain would know what he meant.

Only stupid people have to have everything literally spelled out for them syllable by syllable.
Let the transcript speak for itself!!!

(just like his twitter)

When we don't parse his words, cons get upset.
When we DO parse his words, cons get upset.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:02 PM

2,625 posts, read 1,349,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
It would be nice to have a corroborating statement from an official.

Or a recording.
I am sure the Russians probably have a recording.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:03 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,427,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Does Trump realize that attempting to obstruct justice is just as bad as obstructing justice?..., and while I'm not a Trump fan, whomever is leaking all this info when caught should be tried as treasonous.
I don't think he is aware enough of the realm he is dealing with not undestand much of anything at this point.
He seems reilant on others input to tell him these things.

Unfortunately trump sets himself up for this type of thing. He can't commend leaks for others and then condemn them when they involve himself or people close to him.

The blatant hypocrisy he shows towards certain aspects of things outweighs any credibility he has when he attempts to show or pin it on others behaviors or actions.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:03 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Just saw them an hour ago and they were definitely yelling lol.
So was I. I heard no yelling.

(lol)

Old 05-19-2017, 04:04 PM

45 posts, read 37,292 times
There was no yelling on CNN. I was watching an hour ago and am still watching and there is no yelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.