Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 01:52 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,008 times

Advertisements

Once again, I get it. I see all the same things we all do in terms of how Trump can put his foot in his mouth, the Muslim bans being too extreme, tweeting all night, not being sensitive, et all (did I miss anything?) I also get how Fox can be bias, just as MSNBC, and CNN. Furthermore, I get how Obama was less vocal and more behind the scenes. But lets face it, a Democrat isn't President.

So, why is it when you argue with liberals, they always take the stance that you are defending trump and not Conservative values? Why do they always associating a pro-America stance with love for Trump?

Lastly, why are the democrats playing such dirty hardcore defense, especially when you have the majority of MSM on your side?

At the end of the day, the Democrats will have their day and I really hope they don't have it this bad...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 01:55 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Once again, I get it. I see all the same things we all do in terms of how Trump can put his foot in his mouth, the Muslim bans being too extreme, tweeting all night, not being sensitive, et all (did I miss anything?) I also get how Fox can be bias, just as MSNBC, and CNN. Furthermore, I get how Obama was less vocal and more behind the scenes. But lets face it, a Democrat isn't President.

So, why is it when you argue with liberals, they always take the stance that you are defending trump and not Conservative values? Why do they always associating a pro-America stance with love for Trump?

Lastly, why are the democrats playing such dirty hardcore defense, especially when you have the majority of MSM on your side?

At the end of the day, the Democrats will have their day and I really hope they don't have it this bad...

Please define "dirty hardcore defense" and give specific examples of it being directed at Trump.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Please define "dirty hardcore defense" and give specific examples of it being directed at Trump.
translation; "How were we to know he was such an imbecile?"

Old 05-19-2017, 02:16 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:

I haven't seen that one way any more than the other way.

I have some very conservative values, but I detest Trump. People accuse me of being liberal because of my stance on Trump, but I believe that every self respecting conservative voter should stand up to him.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:18 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
translation; "How were we to know he was such an imbecile?"
His history is well documented for those who choose to look.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:18 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Well I am not "left" but here are the actual actions Trump has taken that I don't like:

Hiring drug warrior as AG
Hiring an ISP shill in place at head of FCC, who immediately started attempts to undermine net neutrality
Hiring an Oil Company shill in place as head of the EPA
Putting multiple Goldman Sachs shills in place in cabinet positions
Putting a Fast Food shill in place as head of FDA
Alienating allies and intelligence partners through reckless behavior
The spastic twittering

A lot of these actions will not begin to impact peoples every day lives for a while, as it takes time for cumulative policy changes to occur.

I like the round up of the gang members and the pressure being exerted on that front. Most of the rest of his decisions I am ambivalent about.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:19 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
He beat Hillary, who was supposed to be coronated as the first female president and continue Obama's "legacy"

That's the main reason

Old 05-19-2017, 02:23 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
So, why is it when you argue with liberals, they always take the stance that you are defending trump and not Conservative values?
There is absolutely nothing "conservative" about trump. The GOP itself abandoned all true conservative principles (and members) decades ago.

The idea that Republicans are "conservative" or are ":small government" is the biggest, most blatant lie in American politics.

Somehow, though, large numbers of idiots and dupes are repeatedly convinced of the converse.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:25 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Nothing is going to happen to Trump, but for the sake of argument it did... I'm going to laugh because now they will place a real Conservative into the White House (Pence). Trump actually has ideas from both sides of the aisle, but Liberals declared war on Trump, which is jsut hurting Liberals.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:33 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
How has Trump affected your lives to make him so hated by the left?

He promised us he had a terrific healthcare plan that would be affordable and cover everybody. It was the one thing I had hope for in all of his campaign rhetoric. Turns out it was just another of his many, many, many lies. He had nothing, and never did. Not a single idea, despite lying nonstop about it for a year.

Then he stood behind a monstrosity POS bill, personally helping to push it through the House, that will effectively end all health insurance for me and millions of other Americans, and could cost the lives of some people very near and dear to me if it stands. And then he giddily celebrated that impending loss of healthcare of millions of Americans in the Rose Garden. It was shameful.

Is that enough to warrant how Trump has personally affected my life, OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies