Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 05:35 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Yes, I read what you wrote. You basically labelled all Trump supporters as traitors and friends of our nation's enemies. If that makes you feel good about yourself, and who you voted for, that's fine. But it doesn't mean your opinions are the same as facts.

The fact is, DJT is your president, thanks largely in part to the corruption of the DNC, and their decision to front a truly deplorable human being. How short sighted...

Thankfully, this is nowhere near a crisis. And this nation has seen enough crisis to know. Did I mention we once fought a civil war? A little over 1/2 million Americans lost their lives in that war, all at their own hands. That is what a crisis looks like. Stop being a drama queen.
I disagree that this is not a crisis, as it clearly is, but I agree with you about the attitude many liberals are displaying toward Trump supporters. It is absolutely shameful. I've posted a new thread on this fyi.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ives-over.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 05:35 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
So, a crisis in your definition is nothing less than a civil war? That is a odd definition. To not define foreign interference in our election, collusion of members of the Trump administration with a foreign adversary, a PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES who gives classified information to that political adversary, as a crisis is at best naïve and at worse dangerous.

You need to open your eyes.
Let me go deeper in to detail... 9/11 was a crisis. This is not even close to 9/11.

I hate to burst your bubble, but governments have been spying and even trading secrets for a long time. Wasn't Hitlery the one that gave nuclear materials to the Russians? Didn't Obama give classified info to the Russians, which later led to an assault on US allies in Syria? Didn't Obama hand over a ton of money to Iran? Do you think we should be handing out money to regimes that would prefer to destroy us?

Old 05-19-2017, 05:54 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Let me go deeper in to detail... 9/11 was a crisis. This is not even close to 9/11.

I hate to burst your bubble, but governments have been spying and even trading secrets for a long time. Wasn't Hitlery the one that gave nuclear materials to the Russians? Didn't Obama give classified info to the Russians, which later led to an assault on US allies in Syria? Didn't Obama hand over a ton of money to Iran? Do you think we should be handing out money to regimes that would prefer to destroy us?

What does all that have to do with Trump giving classified information to the Russians that jeopardized our allies and covert sources. All you quote is either wrong or misrepresented. The money to Iran was part of a testy that Trump is even honoring; US and Russia did cooperate for a short time in Syria.

But even if all you said is true, which it isn't, but presuming it is, how does that exonerate Trump?

Old 05-19-2017, 07:36 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
We have faced worse crises in our history, but what is disturbing here is the total abandonment of any civic responsibilities by Trump supporters. Trump is so obviously unfit for office, mentally, emotionally and intellectually, and, further, by his conduct during the campaign and now, I have no doubt, that he colluded with the Russians to undermine our democracy, election process, and institutions. All Americans should be outraged.
Bring us the name, rank, and file hard core evidence that he's unfit for president...
None of these anonymous sources claim BS either.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:38 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
What does all that have to do with Trump giving classified information to the Russians that jeopardized our allies and covert sources. All you quote is either wrong or misrepresented. The money to Iran was part of a testy that Trump is even honoring; US and Russia did cooperate for a short time in Syria.

But even if all you said is true, which it isn't, but presuming it is, how does that exonerate Trump?
Judicial process-innocent until proven guilty.
Not guilty until proven innocent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies