Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 01:29 PM

348 posts, read 255,896 times

Advertisements

Don't worry Michael Moore has been invited to take notes.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:36 PM

244 posts, read 180,905 times
As a nation we seem to have some historic karma to pay with Mr Trump. He is not going away anywhere while we are working through that process. I really wish I was wrong but a clear look at the situation makes me come to that conclusion.

Republicans in Congress will act as his apologists no matter what. Since the race heated up over a year ago, every few weeks he would say or do something that made every intelligent person believe that to be the end of his career in politics. We all know how that played out.

Barring a miracle, we are stuck with this ugliness until at least 2020. 2018 midterms offer little hope. Dems may retake the House but the Senate is out of reach, given that it's mostly Dems defending Red State seats. So there goes impeachment.

Comey testimony? Even if he testifies and provides documentation that Flynn, Sessions and Kushner personally met Putin and took bribes from him, that would be a hit against them, not Trump. Whatever Comey says, the Donald stays.

Alas, the only strategy for those patriotic Americans who want America to remain a great country seems to be damage controlling the "president". He is doing harm to our foundation and will do much more harm. Until 2020 all we can do is work to minimize that harm as much as possible through a collection of diverse strategies.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:37 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Yup....Comey has already stated such under oath. So he's not going to put himself in jeopardy. Sorry leftists, but Thursday is going to be a nothingburger. We tried to tell ya all
That's what is most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebebe View Post
I agree. I believe he will be covering his a$$ since the next question would be "why didn't you report it to the Justice Department if you felt intimidated or threatened?"

There is no doubt the firing of Comey was handled poorly by Trump.
Trump handled firing Comey very well. He got the top two people in the Justice Department to put their recommendations to fire Comey in writing, and fired Comey while he was out of town, so Comey couldn't destroy records he didn't want Jeff Sessions to get.

Comey's records are sitting on Sessions' desk, and Trump has recommendations to fire Comey in writing, I'd say Trump handled it masterfully.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:40 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
That's what is most likely.

Trump handled firing Comey very well. He got the top two people in the Justice Department to put their recommendations to fire Comey in writing, and fired Comey while he was out of town, so Comey couldn't destroy records he didn't want Jeff Sessions to get.

Comey's records are sitting on Sessions' desk, and Trump has recommendations to fire Comey in writing, I'd say Trump handled it masterfully.
The press & the leftists are in la la land. There was never a chance Comey was going to endanger himself, but all we have heard is wait till Thursday & Russia Russia Russia. Delusions.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:42 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
ABC News reported, citing an unnamed source familiar with Comey’s thinking, that he will contest Trump’s claim that Comey told him three times that he was not under investigation by the FBI as part of its probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election. According to the report, Comey told associates that he will stop short of accusing the President of obstructing justice by interfering with that investigation.

Of course he won't accuse Crooked Trump of OOJ. He's no longer on the case. It's the FBI's and Congress's job.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:44 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm still thinking Trump is looking for a place he can drop a few bombs or missiles on Wednesday night.
Perhaps head quarters for the Washington Post or NY Times?

j/k

Old 06-06-2017, 01:45 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
It's fun watching a liberal version of Pavlov's experiment; mention something about anti-Trump and liberals start salivating.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:45 PM

12,836 posts, read 22,014,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Unless Comey suddenly decides to not do it or "disappears", this Thursday is it.
I'm interested to see how it goes, but there's not going to be a "smoking gun." Trump wouldn't allow him to testify if that was the case. The general philosophy is that Trump won't block his testimony because it looks like he's covering something up if he does. However, if there was a smoking gun there (something brand new and damning), Trump would block the testimony and deal with it looking live a cover-up vs. actually being outed for something. That's basic risk management.

So pay attention, but don't hold your breath for anything new. This is going to be a long, long, long, process unfortunately.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:50 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebebe View Post
hmmm Just heard Comey is going to stop short of accusing Trump of interfering in the specifics of a crime per ABC news. No mention of obstruction of justice. I am looking for a link.
Not surprising, kind of like when Comey just stopped short of accusing HRC....

Old 06-06-2017, 01:50 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I don't see the difference between this and the Clinton/Lynch meeting.
Neither do I, BUT You are OFF-TOPIC, and TRYING TO DE-RAIL THIS THREAD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies