Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 07:26 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Wow, getting the excuses prepared already are you? Maybe there will be something interesting then.
He forgot, Comey wrote memos at the time of his meetings. He's not making stuff up on the fly.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:38 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,034,793 times
Quote:

Why does this nonsense get said over and over?

Comey: Trump asked me to stop the investigation, and I refused.

Is PERFECTLY consistent with his prior testimony.

As for what I expect? Not much to be honest. anything truly interesting will be in classified closed briefings, or unable to answer as its the topic of a current investigation. (which ironically could cause him to plead the 5th if pressed in order to avoid obstruction of justice charges).

I know...everyones all thinking this is going to be a big deal. Unless people are taken into custody during his time testifying, thus freeing him up to talk more.... I expect a whole lot of nothing.

1 in 5 that it gets interesting.
I agree...it's not going to be that interesting, especially since the following exchange is assured to transpire:

GOP Senator (Not sure who this will be, but somebody will be tasked with eliciting these points): "Mr. Comey, did the President ask you to cease your investigation into Michael Flynn?"

Comey: "Yes, he did. He asked if I could see my way clear to drop the matter."

GOP Senator: "Did he order you to cease with your investigation?"

Comey: "No, he did not."

GOP Senator: "Did you feel pressured to accede to this request by the President?"

Comey: "No, I did not."

GOP Senator: "And, Mr. Comey, as a result of this request by the President, did you cease your investigation into Michael Flynn?"

Comey: "No, I did not. The investigation into Michael Flynn is ongoing."

At that point, of course, it's "Game Over" for any obstruction of justice charge against Trump. And the GOP is going to make certain that Comey doesn't leave the chamber before they have that testimony on the record.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:17 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Default Anyone else who can't wait for Thursday ?

I've taken the day off so I can watch all of Comey testifying. This should be damn interesting. Bet Trump has had to change his Depends a few times.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:47 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
I wouldn't have, I suspect it will be boring, with the fun stuff not being able to be discussed.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:49 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
I

At that point, of course, it's "Game Over" for any obstruction of justice charge against Trump. And the GOP is going to make certain that Comey doesn't leave the chamber before they have that testimony on the record.
ABC pretty much gave the game away today. ABC News’ Justin Fishel and Jonathan Karl report that sources close to the former FBI director say he will not claim that Donald Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation into Michael Flynn.

So now what. Three networks, every cable and radio station will be broadcasting what a big meanie Trump was for firing Comey. I'm beginning to realize just what a butthurt drama queen Comey is and he loves all the attention. Like Sally Fields getting her Oscar. Libs and the MSM will be waiting breathlessly for anything to smear Trump with.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:52 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I've taken the day off so I can watch all of Comey testifying. This should be damn interesting. Bet Trump has had to change his Depends a few times.
And here I thought you were retired

Can't you DVR it?

Old 06-06-2017, 08:56 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It'll be like Christmas for libs, right? Except ABC already gave the game away. ABC News’ Justin Fishel and Jonathan Karl report that sources close to the former FBI director say he will not claim that Donald Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation into Michael Flynn.

So sad.

Maybe someone will ask Comey about this - James Comey sued by intelligence contractor Dennis Montgomery over spying on Americans | Circa News - Learn. Think. Do.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:57 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
well, in today's world, everything is possible.

It is possible that he says the truth

It’s also possible Comey is looking to life after his Director FBI gig is up.

Either way, I will take what he says with a grain of salt.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
wah wah wah.. nothing burger

Old 06-06-2017, 09:02 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
I wouldn't have, I suspect it will be boring, with the fun stuff not being able to be discussed.
agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies