Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:06 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,105,746 times

Advertisements

Field Workers Suing the DNC

After championing the $15 minimum wage in their party platform, Democrats are facing a class-action lawsuit over failure to pay overtime. Field workers in various states are suing the DNC and state Democratic parties on the grounds that their 80-90 hour work weeks in the heat of the campaign qualify them for overtime payment, rather than their agreed upon salary of $2,500-$3,000 per month.

Field workers are plentiful and cheap, so Democratic operatives are naturally arguing that the plaintiffs don’t have a case because the supply of inexpensive labor allowed the party to pay them so little.

Read more at: Democratic Party Sued

Isn't it amazing how the DNC preaches one thing, yet does another. Not only did the DNC fail to pay over-time, they failed to pay State or local minimum wages, and in some instances failed to pay the federal minimum wage.

Even more amazing is the fact that the DNC argues "Supply & Demand" when it suits them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 11:44 PM

20,260 posts, read 19,847,317 times
If they didn't have a contract stating they will get OT pay the case should get thrown out.

Silly proles, did they really think the DNC party bosses gave a sh*t about them?

Last edited by doc1; 05-20-2017 at 12:51 AM..

Old 05-19-2017, 11:51 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,482,550 times
They can always hit daddy more bucks soros up for $.

LOL at the cheap and plentiful! I thought they were the party of the worker?

Old 05-20-2017, 12:07 AM

30,223 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

After championing the $15 minimum wage in their party platform, Democrats are facing a class-action lawsuit over failure to pay overtime. Field workers in various states are suing the DNC and state Democratic parties on the grounds that their 80-90 hour work weeks in the heat of the campaign qualify them for overtime payment, rather than their agreed upon salary of $2,500-$3,000 per month.

Field workers are plentiful and cheap, so Democratic operatives are naturally arguing that the plaintiffs don’t have a case because the supply of inexpensive labor allowed the party to pay them so little.

Isn't it amazing how the DNC preaches one thing, yet does another. Not only did the DNC fail to pay over-time, they failed to pay State or local minimum wages, and in some instances failed to pay the federal minimum wage.

Even more amazing is the fact that the DNC argues "Supply & Demand" when it suits them.
This is a legit lawsuit.

I worked for a company one time that told us we had a flat pay rate (still hourly not salary pay) and that they would not pay overtime. At the time, I was very young and just needed a job so I took it. About a year in to it, someone started a lawsuit against the company because they did not pay overtime. I was too young to know if law was on our side because I had agreed to the "no overtime" when getting hired. Nonetheless, I joined the lawsuit.

A few years later, I got my check in the mail from all of the back overtime I had earned and not been paid, (I used to work 11 hours a day, 5 days a week in this job, so it was a nice check), minus lawyer's fees.

It is possible that these workers can win this. And I've long stated that Dems only want illegals to do the work, passing that myth around that "jobs Americans won't do" (total lie), so that they can continue to get their labor cheaply. While these may not have been illegals, the attitude is the same.

I really hope that these workers win. And I hope that this news gets more coverage...which I know is a pipe dream considering the state of our biased media these days...but then again, I was told by some people not to expect to see a single dime from that lawsuit way back when, and they were wrong. So there's always hope.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 05-20-2017 at 12:18 AM..

Old 05-20-2017, 12:13 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

I wonder if the DNC paid unemployment taxes like we have in Florida and/ or other taxes required in other States.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I wonder if the DNC paid unemployment taxes like we have in Florida and/ or other taxes required in other States.
I don't know. It's a good question. I wouldn't be surprised if the DNC skated on payroll taxes.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It is possible that these workers can win this.
The vast majority of analysts agree that the DNC field workers fall under the FLSA and that they are not exempt from overt-time pay.

Quote:
And I've long stated that Dems only want illegals to do the work, passing that myth around that "jobs Americans won't do" (total lie), so that they can continue to get their labor cheaply. While these may not have been illegals, the attitude is the same.
And the Democrats still can't figure out why they lost the Election.

Quote:
I really hope that these workers win. And I hope that this news gets more coverage...which I know is a pipe dream considering the state of our biased media these days...but then again, I was told by some people not to expect to see a single dime from that lawsuit way back when, and they were wrong. So there's always hope.
So do I, and, no, I don't expect to see the Lame Stream Media to be discussing this, either.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:56 PM

12,335 posts, read 8,068,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
If they didn't have a contract stating they will get OT pay the case should get thrown out.

Silly proles, did they really think the DNC party bosses gave a sh*t about them?
I thought most states took the opposite prejudice. Unless your union negotiated away overtime the default setting was that the employer has to pay it.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:58 PM

29,699 posts, read 24,780,162 times
It is amusing. They willingly served an utterly corrupt organization, and paid the price for it in lost wages. Though they might win in court, or settle out of court. In which case, the workers win, and the DNC loses. All around, a happy story.

And in another few years, America will have absolutely no use for the utterly corrupt, inept DNC. A very happy ending indeed.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:01 PM

27,534 posts, read 16,018,410 times
I've found a lot of d's to be the worst of the names they call others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies