Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 11:02 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
True that - I mean it would have been the same at the place where I am from.
However that girl was diagnosed with ADHD, and this is OFFICIALLY a psychiatric disorder.
The next question that I have then however, is how on earth children with psychiatric disorders can be educated in the same class as normal children?
Level of issues certainly matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 11:12 AM

26,765 posts, read 22,518,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Level of issues certainly matters.
All right then, if she has any of those "levels," what good does it do for teachers to give her this kind of "awards"? She is OFFICIALLY diagnosed with psychiatric disorder, right?
The only reason ( the way I see it,) they would do that, is that's IF the teachers would privately think that she doesn't really HAVE any disorders, but just plain not paying attention at what's being taught.
Then the next two questions come naturally; is ADHD diagnosis is REALLY what it is ( or do they *throw in that pile* children who are normal as well, but simply have tendency to misbehave/ not to be attentive enough,) AND the next question - if that's not the case, how teachers can be so dumb, to make jokes about someone with clear disability?
Something doesn't add up.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
All right then, if she has any of those "levels," what good does it do for teachers to give her this kind of "awards"? She is OFFICIALLY diagnosed with psychiatric disorder, right?
The only reason ( the way I see it,) they would do that, is that's IF the teachers would privately think that she doesn't really HAVE any disorders, but just plain not paying attention at what's being taught.
Then the next two questions come naturally; is ADHD diagnosis is REALLY what it is ( or do they *throw in that pile* children who are normal as well, but simply have tendency to misbehave/ not to be attentive enough,) AND the next question - if that's not the case, how teachers can be so dumb, to make jokes about someone with clear disability?
Something doesn't add up.
I did not support what the teacher did.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:20 AM

26,765 posts, read 22,518,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I did not support what the teacher did.
I hear you, it's just for me this whole "ADHD" thing is questionable sometimes.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I hear you, it's just for me this whole "ADHD" thing is questionable sometimes.
It might be sometimes. Not every kid that misses school for being sick is actually sick. That doesn't mean many others aren't.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:28 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
While I guarantee some people on this forum will think that what the teachers did was nothing wrong at all, and just a bunch of crying snowflakes, most of us rational and decent human beings will realize that what these teachers did was plain wrong and stupid.

And thankfully this was dealt with appropriately and those teachers will not be returning.

Teachers not returning after 'Most Likely to Not Pay Attention' award - Story | WTTG
Glad to hear that.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:30 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Not perfect, just competent enough to understand consequence.

Success and failure are a part of life.

ADHD is a BS cop out, a lie created by the lazy and undisciplined to justify their failure to attend to their responsibilities.

You people keep churning out idiots, the results are there, this is all on you folks and we keep getting more and more irresponsible people, who are so incredibly dumb that they emotionally react to everything.
It doesn't matter if the kid had ADHD or not. The teachers had no right to do that and I am glad they got fired.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
While I guarantee some people on this forum will think that what the teachers did was nothing wrong at all, and just a bunch of crying snowflakes, most of us rational and decent human beings will realize that what these teachers did was plain wrong and stupid.

And thankfully this was dealt with appropriately and those teachers will not be returning.

Teachers not returning after 'Most Likely to Not Pay Attention' award - Story | WTTG

I don't care who you are... That there is funny!
Full on Obmabots, virtue checking the kids that gave them the most grief.

Attention deficit, is a fraud used to get kids passive and hooked on drugs.

The main cause of the explosion of the fake ADHD, is that we as parents and teachers, are no longer allowed to "get their attention" We have to passively beg them to quit, while we drug them.(and we wonder where this heroin epidemic came from in Millennial's)

A Cop, A Judge and the Jailer are going to get their attention if you don't.

Last edited by BentBow; 05-20-2017 at 11:49 AM..

Old 05-20-2017, 12:35 PM

30,244 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
“You guys are calling me when you’re having problems with her in school when you’re having problems with her not paying attention or not getting it and then you give her an award for it,” said Edwards. “Why call me to discipline her, but yet you turn around and give her an award for it, it doesn't make sense.”
What doesn't make sense is that you didn't do your job, Edwards.

And "blah, blah adhd blah""

http://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2010/ne...sed-with-adhd/

Quote:
Nearly 1 million children in the United States are potentially misdiagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder simply because they are the youngest – and most immature – in their kindergarten class, according to new research by a Michigan State University economist.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4443828/

Quote:
Much behaviour consistent with ADHD, including inattention, impulsivity and overactivity, may be normal for the developmental age of a preschooler...

Significantly higher rates of diagnosis among children born just before the school entry cut-off date presents compelling evidence that relative maturity and developmental age are not consistently being considered. Additionally, there is evidence indicating that boys presenting with a certain set of hyperactive symptoms represent the prototypical child with ADHD, potentially leading to significantly higher rates of diagnosis in boys and lower rates in girls. The implications for inappropriate diagnosis are significant for the child’s education, health outcomes and future well-being. Noting the ability of medication as well as behaviour management to reduce symptoms and improve outcomes (20), the intent is not to negate the importance of appropriate treatment including stimulant use. The goal is to inform the most promising practices to ensure that through careful, thorough assessment, the appropriate children receive such treatment and experience positive outcomes. With recommendations and knowledge-translation strategies for parents, educators and practitioners, careful review of the assessment of children for ADHD will help to decrease inappropriate diagnosis of ADHD in children and ensure that relative maturity is given appropriate consideration.
Yes, it's real. The problem is, too many doctors are throwing kids on to pills who shouldn't be on those pills or diagnosed with ADHD. It's lazy diagnosing.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 05-20-2017 at 12:44 PM..

Old 05-20-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What doesn't make sense is that you didn't do your job, Edwards.
"What, she is blind and can't hear?, You didn't do your job Mr Keller".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies