Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 10:07 AM

18,073 posts, read 18,712,001 times

Advertisements

Hillary was a horrible candidate, this is something that many still just do not get. I voted for Hillary, but fact is she was an outright awful candidate. I have no idea why so many people think highly of her, it is like a cult of personality.

Why white women voted for Trump? Simple, because they wanted to. Perhaps it was his policies, his bucking the system approach, but my opinion is because they just did not like Hillary; it was a vote against her more than for him.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:09 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,766,371 times
This is not surprising, unfortunately.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:12 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,429,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Hillary was a horrible candidate, this is something that many still just do not get. I voted for Hillary, but fact is she was an outright awful candidate. I have no idea why so many people think highly of her, it is like a cult of personality.

Why white women voted for Trump? Simple, because they wanted to. Perhaps it was his policies, his bucking the system approach, but my opinion is because they just did not like Hillary; it was a vote against her more than for him.
Yup. I would have voted for anyone else but there was no one else. It was either him or her and at the end of the day I dislike her more. Still do.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:13 AM

68,285 posts, read 54,094,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
Obviously a much higher percentage than his non 'white' women vote but that is besides the point here.
I believe you missed the point, I said nothing about non-white women.

Since the POTUS is elected by Electors, I asked what percentage of the Electors were white women?

Old 05-20-2017, 10:16 AM

35,393 posts, read 20,773,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I can only speak for myself. My choice was between bad and bad. I still think Hillary would have been worse. Not that I ever thought Trump was good. I would have pretty much voted for anyone but these two but I had to choose between the two on the ballot. The only shot Trump had at winning was if he ran against Hillary and that's what happened.
why Hilly been worse?. in short form- a lot of it was debunked and hype-- or anger she stayed with the cheater- so?

Old 05-20-2017, 10:19 AM

42,753 posts, read 25,976,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Just a clarification..53% of white women..who voted...voted for trump. This does not translate to 53% of all white women support Trump.

As for 'deplorables', that was never meant to depict all who voted for Trump..it was meant to depict those who were extreme..who were racist...misogynist...White Nationalists...KKK....anti-muslim...etc., etc..

So no..those women who voted their conscience and chose Trump were not deplorable.

BTW..the 'according to some exit polls'....is not a ringing endorsement of the accuracy..IMO.
Wish Idaho had a million more people with common sense like you voting in Idaho

Old 05-20-2017, 10:23 AM

42,753 posts, read 25,976,389 times
Quote:
According to some exit polls 53% of white women voted for Trump. You will hear leftist voters blaming the 'deplorables' for their loss but rarely will hear them blaming the 'white women' who voted for him.
Why do you think this is and what does it say about the women who voted for him to you? Did their vote make a difference or would he have won regardless because of the electoral college system? Are these women considered part of the 'deplorables' to the ones pointing fingers for their losses instead of accepting defeat?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-trump-victory
Statistics are funny like that you can get the answer you want when you selectively choose a subset of the population, i.e. "white women" but the reality is:

"Nationally, Clinton picked up 54 percent of women voters compared with Trump’s mere 42 percent. But Trump outperformed Clinton among white women, winning 53 percent of voters in that demographic. Drilling down further, he beat Clinton among white women without college degrees by 27 points. In the three states that decided the election — Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan — that margin was enough to send Trump to the White House."
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ton-vote-trump

Old 05-20-2017, 10:33 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,729,413 times
I can understand men voting for Trump, we are pretty much of the "Here, hold my beer and watch this !" mentality, but I really do not understand women voting for him. He is everything I would think a woman would detest......bragging constantly, rude as Hell, has zero respect for women, and he doesn't really say anything of substance.

My ex and I had a conversation before the election, and she said she simply does not like Hillary, found her to be shady. She said she was not nuts about Trump either, but he was better than Clinton. That seems to be the problem, Hillary came off as stiff and not inspiring.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:36 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,891,146 times
Quote:
Why do you respond then? Nobody forced you to or asked you to care. Thanks anyway for not caring, I guess.
Attention seeking, Narcissism? Self importance? Maybe? Not sure.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,858,265 times
Quote:
Why do you respond then? Nobody forced you to or asked you to care. Thanks anyway for not caring, I guess.
Let's explain how a message board works. You post something you think is interesting. It isn't an invite to just have people 'like' what you say....you are inviting a discussion....and that includes maybe someone saying the content of your post is irrelevant to them.

You can't take the 'I support what you posted'...without the "What you supported is not true, inane, ridiculous, not important'

That's how message boards work.

::::taking my bow:::::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies