Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2017, 07:20 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Sour grapes from spoiled brats who didn't get their backsides tanned often enough when they misbehaved as actual children instead of just acting like children.
This attitude is fascinating to me.

Men and women died for our rights to do exactly what these graduates did yesterday and yet we see this onslaught of anger, offense and judgment from those who oppose such actions.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Just not seeing it... No one would attend a Muslim university and expect them to serve pork in the dining hall. See what I mean?
No, actually I don't. Care to expound?

Remember, this same university invited Barack Obama to speak at commencement exercises less than 10 years ago.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:22 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
This attitude is fascinating to me.

Men and women died for our rights to do exactly what these graduates did yesterday and yet we see this onslaught of anger, offense and judgment from those who oppose such actions.
Yeah - I mean, I wouldn't do what they did. Nor do I even agree with it.

But I 100% support them for doing so.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Yeah - I mean, I wouldn't do what they did. Nor do I even agree with it.

But I 100% support them for doing so.
Yes, exactly.

Its like the pro-life marches. I absolutely do not agree with their stance, beliefs or aims by I absolutely support their right to do so.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:27 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sunday View Post
I apologize ,I thought you could understand what I had written,apparently not. Not sure the name calling is called for.If Pence says he has catholic values and campaigns with trump then he is a hypocrite and a liar.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Again, Notre Dame is a CATHOLIC university. The communication/expression of Catholic beliefs should therefore have been expected by the students who CHOSE to attend Notre Dame. Don't agree with Catholic beliefs? Don't choose to go to Notre Dame.

How is that hard for you to understand?

Old 05-22-2017, 07:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
I don't know what's funnier - Tomi L (because she always takes L's) lecturing them on how to keep a job or a bunch of people who couldn't even correctly spell Notre Dame belittling these students for exercising the very rights they claim to support and defend (of course, when they want to use them).

Old 05-22-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Notre Dame is a leader in postsecondary education. Why should some ideological differences, which are a very small part of the education one receives at a religiously sponsored university, stop someone from pursuing a higher education at such an institution?
There are other higher-ranked universities. Don't agree with Catholic beliefs? Don't go to Notre Dame if you're not willing to tolerate/accept them in exchange for receiving an education there.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
No, actually I don't.
The Catholic Church is pro-life (not pro-choice or pro-abortion) and forbids same-sex marriage. What about the Catholic Church holding those beliefs do you not understand?

Old 05-22-2017, 07:36 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That makes no sense whatsoever. Again, Notre Dame is a CATHOLIC university. The communication/expression of Catholic beliefs should therefore have been expected by the students who CHOSE to attend Notre Dame. Don't agree with Catholic beliefs? Don't choose to go to Notre Dame.

How is that hard for you to understand?
How hard is it for you to understand that students choose a university based on the best:

1. Athletic scholarship
2. Academic scholarship
3. Best program for their career field
4. Campus/campus life experience
5. Any combination of the above

A lot of people choose to go to a school that's located in a state that has weather they don't like, that's far away from family, that's private or public, primarily liberal/conservative, that's a Catholic/Baptist/Presbyterian, etc., because it's the best or only option for them.

ND is one of the best universities and looks good on any resume. It's not rocket science.

I swear, you ask the most obtuse questions, ever.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
How hard is it for you to understand that students choose a university based on the best:

1. Athletic scholarship
2. Academic scholarship
3. Best program for their career field
4. Campus/campus life experience
5. Any combination of the above

A lot of people choose to go to a school that's located in a state that has weather they don't like, that's far away from family, that's private or public, primarily liberal/conservative, that's a Catholic/Baptist/Presbyterian, etc., because it's the best or only option for them.

ND is one of the best universities and looks good on any resume. It's not rocket science.

I swear, you ask the most obtuse questions, ever.
It's no secret that Notre Dame is a CATHOLIC university. If a student cannot tolerate/accept Catholic beliefs, they should not go there. Go to a secular private university or a state school, instead.

Honestly, going to a school that's a poor fit is like someone going to Juilliard and expecting to get a degree in electrical engineering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies