Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 06:43 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What is the Russian interference in the elections actually about. I never heard of any Russian near a voting boot or calling people to vote for Trump. Neither did I see or hear if any Russian interference at any of Trumps rally's.

I did see that in our area in Florida which is the I-4 corridor and an important area, that Hillary hardly could get any crowd together to be enthusiastic for her.
I hope you're not really as naive as your post would imply. Clearly, if there was either major campaign funding from Russia, or a major promulgation of fake news, that could have enormous consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 07:05 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Is that a real post? The only interference you think would count is real, actual physical interference? This isn't the old days where that kind of stuff happened a lot in this country. But there are other more sophisticated means of interference that you can't see that are just as real.

Like what? Be specific on how this interference changed votes from Hillary to Trump

Last edited by dashrendar4454; 05-20-2017 at 07:23 PM..

Old 05-20-2017, 07:07 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I have three pairs of boots. Does that mean I get to vote six times? Wheee!!!
I forgot to wear my voting boots and the KGB came after me.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:11 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Here you go: Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections | wiki

"The United States government's intelligence agencies have concluded the Russian government interfered in the 2016 United States elections.[1][2][3]

In January 2017, a U.S. intelligence community assessment expressed "high confidence" that Russia favored Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton, and that Russian President Vladimir Putin personally ordered an "influence campaign" to denigrate and harm Clinton's electoral chances and potential presidency.[4] The report concluded that Russia used disinformation, data thefts, and leaks to attempt to give an advantage to Trump over Clinton. These conclusions were reaffirmed by the lead intelligence officials in the Trump administration in May 2017.[5] Intelligence allies of the U.S. in Europe found communications between suspected Russian agents and the Trump campaign as early as 2015.[6]

I wonder if they used the DNC "influence campaign" methods.

Nah, I doubt it, we didn't buy it.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:11 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I saw a KGB agent near my voting booth and I thanked him for his service.
I'm sure you think that remark is hilarious, comrade.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:19 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Here you go: Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections | wiki

"The United States government's intelligence agencies have concluded the Russian government interfered in the 2016 United States elections.[1][2][3]

In January 2017, a U.S. intelligence community assessment expressed "high confidence" that Russia favored Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton, and that Russian President Vladimir Putin personally ordered an "influence campaign" to denigrate and harm Clinton's electoral chances and potential presidency.[4] The report concluded that Russia used disinformation, data thefts, and leaks to attempt to give an advantage to Trump over Clinton. These conclusions were reaffirmed by the lead intelligence officials in the Trump administration in May 2017.[5] Intelligence allies of the U.S. in Europe found communications between suspected Russian agents and the Trump campaign as early as 2015.[6]
No point in repeating this, your post accurately describes the situation. In many ways this is far more concerning that if they have overtly changed votes or something like that. The Russians have always been masters of psychological warfare and propaganda, now with the Internet they are having a field day toying with the Western democracies.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:21 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
No point in repeating this, your post accurately describes the situation. In many ways this is far more concerning that if they have overtly changed votes or something like that. The Russians have always been masters of psychological warfare and propaganda, now with the Internet they are having a field day toying with the Western democracies.

So what are the "fake" stories about Hillary that cost her the election?

Old 05-20-2017, 07:32 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I saw a KGB agent near my voting booth and I thanked him for his service.
At long last, I think I get it. You're a secret lefty, coming on here and posting things to make the right look as bad as possible!

I think you may have overplayed your hand this time, but it's okay. Just whisper the truth in my ear. I'll never tell, I promise.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:40 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Well, first and foremost, we would likely never have known to any degree had the FBI not spilled the beans.

While the hacking is documented, we are still wondering what the possible consequences were.

Again, though... It was the FBI who started this. I don't know what we'll find out (or even if we'll ever learn anything), but it wasn't Democrats or Hillary supporters or whoever else you wish to denigrate.

It was the FBI who shared this news and opened an investigation.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:44 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I hope you're not really as naive as your post would imply. Clearly, if there was either major campaign funding from Russia, or a major promulgation of fake news, that could have enormous consequences.
You are assuming that people who voted for Trump paid attention to news media......fake or otherwise.

Most people imo who voted for Trump, based their vote on the candidate himself and what they heard directly from his mouth.

I get that Liberals rely on the news media which spins them 6 different ways to Sunday, but those who voted for Trump listended to the candidate himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies