Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 11:27 AM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Nobody did in the Republican Party until 2015. There were a bunch of chiefs like Rubio, Paul and Cruz but no real one getting the tribe. Then Trump came in like that monorail salesmen in The Simpsons.
There was also mass dissatisfaction with the chiefs. People were tired of Republican promises to enforce immigration laws (as an example), then not following through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 11:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
President Trump’s appointment of a special prosecutor to investigate the so called Russia connection, and with AG Sessions recusing himself from it, gave Democrats power and credence to possibly do damage to Trump.

But on further examination this may have given the liberals all the rope they need to hang themselves. And while they are off chasing their own tails the Trump administration is free to engage in undoing Democrat damage, repairing America without the distraction of a unicorn hunt.
Only if Trump has already damaged himself in ways yet to be disclosed, then yes, it could cost him his job, and would be the Repubs that carry out the sentence not the Dems, they lost.

How is that? So far other than EO's I have not seen trump do more that alienate most of our trading partners and military allies. The ACA "reforms" were done by Ryan and the House, no money for the Wall, jobs are still disappearing along with healthcare facilities, and more spending as usual, just on Military and tax cuts for the rich at the expense of the People. Let us know when trump is going to actually do something worthy of praise, I, for one, had hoped he would prove me wrong in what I think of his skills, just the opposite has occurred, now I simply want him gone, and before it is said and done he will be, there is simply too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

Old 05-29-2017, 11:38 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times
I agree with OP. Trump us an idiot who knows nothing about politics. We All know this.

Regardless of what comes out if the Russia thing, unless they catch hard evidence against Trump himself...i think he stays and does 4 years.

However, several of his associates will fall, and republicans will suffer GREATLY I'm 2018 mid-terms, and Trump will be a lame duck president when the dems take back house and/or the Senate.

Trump will leave the white house in 2020 a disgraced president, surrounded by controversy and lies.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I agree with OP. Trump us an idiot who knows nothing about politics. We All know this.

Regardless of what comes out if the Russia thing, unless they catch hard evidence against Trump himself...i think he stays and does 4 years.

However, several of his associates will fall, and republicans will suffer GREATLY I'm 2018 mid-terms, and Trump will be a lame duck president when the dems take back house and/or the Senate.

Trump will leave the white house in 2020 a disgraced president, surrounded by controversy and lies.
It isn't so much about HIS personal ties, he put himself into the line of fire with firing Comey over this "Russah thing." He fired Comey and it looks like there could be enough to nail him not for being a mastermind in this whole thing, but trying to obstruct the investigation.

Last edited by mkpunk; 05-29-2017 at 12:15 PM..

Old 05-29-2017, 12:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
There was also mass dissatisfaction with the chiefs. People were tired of Republican promises to enforce immigration laws (as an example), then not following through.
I can understand that but we are talking Representatives and Senators who might have actually put forth proposals but they didn't gain traction elsewhere. Sadly through rhetoric and media availability, he sucked the air out of the room and turned into a circus.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

With all we know to date, if the election was held today, Trump would win the same states he did on election night, but by higher margins, along with picking up at least 2 more states. The Democrats tantrums and witch hunt has turned more people away from the democrat party than has turned them on to it.

This Impeach Trump witch hunt, has made the Birthers look like Saints.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:25 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,399 times
I hope he spends the last 3 years of his first term in Leavenworth.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:33 PM

27,557 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't see how he has a pathway to re-election unless things turn around dramatically and he wins back independents and disgruntled Democrats who voted for him in 2016.
Nothing needs to turn around. Trump has an easy path to re-election in 2020 as long as the American economy continues to do well. That's the gist of what matters to voters. Nobody really cares about the fake impeachment stuff.

However, if the economy tanks, then all bets are off.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 05-29-2017 at 12:41 PM..

Old 05-29-2017, 12:40 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I've come to accept that barring irrefutable evidence of collusion with Russia, which may or may not come, impeachment is not in the cards. Resignation is also never something Trump would do unless he had no other choice. That evidence would have to involve Trump himself and not his staff or cabinet. I think there could be plenty of indictments of cabinet and former cabinet members, but Trump himself is safe as long as he personally was not involved.

Many of the decisions he's made so far, especially those surrounding firing Comey and giving classified information to Russia screams of incompetence but it isn't illegal. Dangerous to the country? Perhaps, but still legal. Obstruction of justice isn't even technically illegal even though its still an impeachable offense. There is no way a GOP congress is going to go jump on board with impeaching Trump unless there is some kind of smoking gun so big that not even Brietbart can spin it. I also think the Dems prospects of retaking Congress in 2018 are nil. Dems will probably pick up some seats but I see chances of Congress flipping to be close to 0%. Therefore, Trump will certainly serve out his term.

With that said, I don't see how he has a pathway to re-election unless things turn around dramatically and he wins back independents and disgruntled Democrats who voted for him in 2016. Trump cannot win in 2020 with only his hardcore supporters. Most Trump supporters live in parts of the country that are "bubbles" in this aspect and since everybody where they live support Trump, they overestimate his popularity. Trump is still overwhelmingly popular with conservatives, but he has record unpopularity among Democrats and Independents. That's a recipe for an electoral defeat in 2020. On top of that, chances are that Democrats and Independents who want to "dump Trump" will be much more energized in 2020 than they were in 2016, leading to a higher turnout.

My prediction is that the electoral map will look similar to Obama in 2012. Trump will not hold the states he only barely won in 2016. He will sweep the Deep South and the plains states but lose the Rust Belt. As I've said, he will not be able to win re-election with only his hardcore supporters. If Dems nominate somebody who is center to center-left, they will have an even better shot than if they nominate somebody far left.

So conservatives, enjoy these four years because the Trump train stops on January 20, 2021.
A reasonable scenario.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
A reasonable scenario.

It is the Scott Walker syndrome, played our on the national scale...

The quicker you face it, you will not have as many nightmares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies