Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 06:18 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Libs are making fake stories about what he said.

What an absolutely great President we have...happy every day since Jan 20th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 06:19 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And Trump wouldn't say the very words he berated Obama for not saying.

If nothing else I guess he possess the 'quality' of hypocrisy, right?
To which 'words' would you be referring?

I don't think we're on the same page.

Here:

http://nypost.com/2017/05/21/exhaust...-comment-aide/

"The White House had planned to avoid Trump’s highly charged campaign rhetoric of ending “radical Islamic terror” in his first foreign policy speech abroad.

His prepared remarks struck a much softer tone in asking for Arab leaders to confront the crisis of “Islamist extremism.”
But Trump veered from his Teleprompter during the 33-minute address when he arrived at that section of the speech.

Instead, Trump said leaders must confront the crisis of “Islamic extremism and the Islamists and Islamic terror of all kinds.”

While the WH may be 'softening' it with its 'clarification' after the fact, it sounds to me like Trump may have done what Reagan so often did -- said what he wanted to say regardless of what the speechwriters insisted he say.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Which other president has had leaders from 50 muslim countries come to listen to his speech?

Welcomed, yes. But not as impressive a welcome as Trump received.

If you watch Trump's speech and Obama's apology speech side by side, you'd recognize a vast difference.
Huge. In tone and emphasis. No comparison.

And to all the naysayers: it's a start. At least he has said what others before him would not say. The way is opening now to more opportunities to talk, explore ways to peace and go in the right direction. It won't happen overnight, but it's an opening.

As has been said, we can't fight that which we won't name. Neither Obama nor Hillary would name it.
Cowardly, I'd say.

And it got us pegged as inept and weak around the world.
It is your perception he was so impressively welcomed. This is not something that is measurable.

OMG -- this is crazy.

He said exactly what others have said before.....but you didn't hear it the way it was said...you heard what you wanted.

NOTHING TRUMP SAID IS NEW. Nothing Trump said is anything concrete.....

There is nothing new............

This is insane -- and I'm being trolled right and I fell for it...dang it.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:22 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
To which 'words' would you be referring?

I don't think we're on the same page.
radical islamic terrorism

To add to his hypocrisy, he also berated Michelle Obama for not wearing a headscarf in Saudi Arabia, neither did Melania.

Typical
'good for me but not for thee' politician despite all claims to the contrary.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:27 AM

This has been an eye opener to how biased people can be when they see and hear something. I know I know -- I'm not naive I always kind of knew that - -but when we are hearing the same words, same diplomatic approach, same handling with kid gloves of the Middle Eastern countries......but some feel it is some new revolution -- it is obvious that perceptions are way off.

The Saudis are hoping to appeal to Trump to drop the ability to sue the Saudis over 9/11. Let's flash his picture on big posters...let's make him think he's the most important...here's money for arms, here's money for your daughter's favorite charity, let's fawn over your women......now can we talk about that law suit.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:29 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's a speech, Obama said similar in his speeches. Check back next year and see how Saudi Arabia addresses the radicalization that originates within their own country.
im not big on the power of a speech. but Obama never gave a similar speech. never. unless he was telling Christians how screwed up they are.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It is your perception he was so impressively welcomed. This is not something that is measurable.

OMG -- this is crazy.

He said exactly what others have said before.....but you didn't hear it the way it was said...you heard what you wanted.

NOTHING TRUMP SAID IS NEW. Nothing Trump said is anything concrete.....

There is nothing new............

This is insane -- and I'm being trolled right and I fell for it...dang it.
Did you not read the link?

Not perception. The media commented on it as well, even lefty media... HA. They couldn't avoid it even though they tried, and they did try to minimize it.

Relax. It's OK to be wrong now and then unless one wants to be correct all the time.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:33 AM

212 posts, read 135,997 times
Why should they exterminate them when they know that all they have to do is to continue to export their terrorists to Western nations where liberals will be waiting for them with open arms and a$$ cheeks spread wider than 500 Sahara Deserts? It's a win-win for both groups. Muslim countries would have fulfilled their obligation as Muslims to help spread their faith worldwide, while liberals will have even more Islamic terrorists to worshipfully gush & fawn over and unconditionally defend at every turn.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:33 AM

Now we are suppose to believe the press....yikes.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Now we are suppose to believe the press....yikes.
You always have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies