Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2017, 04:45 PM

589 posts, read 381,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Because Mike has as much right to speak whenever and however he sees fit as you do.
Sure he does and I've have the right to question him if he makes a statement I disagree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 04:52 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Wait, theres more.
They dont put daddy on birth certificate, then they "rent" a room from him at his Mommas house... Its a debacle.
If the freeloaders were weened out and called out, the system could be easily fixed to assist the truly needy.
And, if you ever get bored, go to an SS office where people are getting assistance.. many look very very healthy... Very questionable..
I'd be one of those, that if you saw me at the Social Security office, would appear "very healthy." My favorite days are when I wake in the morning and don't have to sprint to the bathroom to throw up. Those days are becoming more rare, and more of a luxury. Just because I look well, it doesn't mean that I am. It does mean that I put on a brave face for the world, because I don't want others to know how awful I feel most of the time. I'm sorry I don't look like what you think a sick person should look like.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:53 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Investopedia, owned by NYTIMES... Quality credit and 2016 article. fail
Foxnews.com also says Trump's tax plan increases taxes on single parent families.

Analysis: For some in middle class, Trump plan would mean tax increase | Fox News

Last edited by chad3; 05-22-2017 at 05:14 PM..

Old 05-22-2017, 04:58 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
You need to ask yourself people. How can a starving kid be so bad off when Momma has a cell phone, car, nice hair and nails. This is a common image of women milking the system with her harem of kids.. They are the ones ruining things for everyone else.
Call them out, especially when they get a snapple, and request money back and get several 20's, then hand it over to her beau outside.. This crap happens all the time, and America turns a blind eye..
SNAP cards, EBT card being used at liquor stores, strip clubs...
I don't have any kids, but I do keep myself up as much as possible. Would you rather I go out looking like a slob? I could. Of course then there'd be a bunch of posts in the Relationships forum all like "why don't women keep themselves up anymore?"

Old 05-22-2017, 05:05 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Well since we're quoting Bible verses...
LOL. You could also mention that the context of those verses they are using is important, and that the quote they use is very dependent on the underlying context. And that getting a good study bible with annotations is a excellent investment.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:15 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
More like stealing from the poor to give more to the rich.
Logic is obviously not one of your strong points. But a thief doesn't care about logic or what's morally right.

The money is stolen from the rich (tax). The poor pay almost no tax. How exactly are the rich stealing from the poor, when it's the rich that are paying for everything?

It's like when Daddy cuts of your allowance and you claim he's steeling from you.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:21 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Logic is obviously not one of your strong points. But a thief doesn't care about logic or what's morally right.

The money is stolen from the rich (tax). The poor pay almost no tax. How exactly are the rich stealing from the poor, when it's the rich that are paying for everything?
Millionaire/billionaire CEO's pay 14%-17% tax rates.

Romney paid 14% effective tax rate in 2011 - Sep. 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB1FXvYvcaI

But a single American making $100,000 pays a 20%+ tax rate.

Tax Brackets (Federal Income Tax Rates) 2000 through 2017

If regular Americans have higher tax rates than billionaires how are the rich being taxed unfairly?

Old 05-22-2017, 05:29 PM

8,487 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Standard conservative philosophy on the poor. If you need public assistance it must be due to some personal flaw in your character. Those who can't help themselves despite circumstances beyond their control must be punished.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:32 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Standard conservative philosophy on the poor. If you need public assistance it must be due to some personal flaw in your character. Those who can't help themselves despite circumstances beyond their control must be punished.
I've never heard any conservative say anything like that ...ever.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
cool story, but it remains an anecdote and meaningless.
Perhaps. But ironic that it happened after Obama's election, and it wasn't just us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies