Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 09:43 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If you think you cannot dig up at good quarter of Christians worldwide that have "radical" views, I have a bridge in Arizona to sell you.

Christianity is a very bloody religion.

Yes, I think terrorism is an abomination, but a simplistic view of it is a dangerous thing to have.

They're not killing other people BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT MUSLIMS. Nobody kills that many people just because they think you're bad for not sharing their religious beliefs.

You have to legitimately anger people to get them that stirred up. So, what did the Western world do?

Answer that question, and you'll start looking for real solutions that don't start with "bomb'em to the Stone Age."

Those tactics are a last resort, not a first option.
At its core, Islam is a violent, expansionist ideology, and system of governance. I suggest reading the Koran.

We like to think that it must be something we've done, and if we just quit pissing them off, it will stop. The only way it stops according to the Koran is when the infidels are defeated and all religion is only for Allah. Then there will be peace. ( thus the religion of peace nonsense)

Old 05-22-2017, 09:45 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Happened in the back of the venue. She's fine.

I'm sure her nerves are frazzled, though.

Poor kid. This has to be devastating for her.

No doubt this target was chosen due to the number of kids who'd be there and the size of the arena and not because she's Ariana Grande, but I know if it was me? I'd feel personally responsible.
I agree. Not her fault at all, but if I was her, I wouldn't be able to sleep for weeks.

Evil doesn't even begin to describe it.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:48 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Somehow I think this won't change the liberal Democrats' insistance on importing unvetted Muslim refugees to America! And yes I believe this to be an act of MUSLIM terrorism.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:50 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Somehow I think this won't change the liberal Democrats' insistance on importing unvetted Muslim refugees to America! And yes I believe this to be an act of MUSLIM terrorism.
Somehow I agree since I don't know a single Liberal, including myself who's championed UNVETTED immigrants of ANY kind coming onto American soil. But please, continue to delude yourself with your own ridiculous, unfounded witticisms.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:51 PM

800 posts, read 508,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You can twist my words all you'd like. I'll sleep well at night knowing we judge people by the content of their character and not their skin color or religion.
What if I showed you a new kind of fruit, where the majority of them were edible just like an orange or a banana, however a small % of them contained undetectable deadly poison. Would you think its a wise choice to go on eating this fruit? By importing millions of followers of Islam into the western world we're all basically eating this fruit.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:51 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
I'm still waiting to hear if the suspects are Muslim or if they were heard shouting in Arabic or in another Islamic language.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:52 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Her fan base is really young too.
That's what one my kids said, I had to ask who she was. Man, I'm getting old. Anyway, I feel horrible for the victims and their families, what a horrendous ordeal.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:53 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
What if I showed you a new kind of fruit, where the majority of them were edible just like an orange or a banana, however a small % of them contained undetectable deadly poison. Would you think its a wise choice to go on eating this fruit? By importing millions of followers of Islam into the western world we're all basically eating this fruit.
What if I showed you a group of human beings where 90% of them were decent people who just wanted to live in peace and 10% of them were terrible violent people? Would you kill the lot of them?

Much more apt question, wouldn't you agree?

Old 05-22-2017, 09:54 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Many of us have Muslim friends. Some of mine are first generation.

Those currently coming out of certain countries are a different breed, however. Keep up with global news and you'll see that.

As for their intentions - where are the peace-loving Ayatollah's? What have they said their plan is? And why do some ignore what they're saying when it's happening in Europe?

Old 05-22-2017, 09:55 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Latest updates, suicide bomb at exit of concert

Manchester concert explosion: What we know so far

19 killed in attack after Ariana Grande Manchester gig | Daily Mail Online

At least 19 killed in suspected suicide attack at concert in British arena

Quote:
At least 19 people were killed and more than 50 wounded in an explosion at the end of a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in the English city of Manchester on Monday, in what two U.S. officials said was a suspected suicide bombing.

Prime Minister Theresa May said the incident was being treated as a terrorist attack. If confirmed, it would be the deadliest militant assault in Britain since four British Muslims killed 52 people in suicide bombings on London's transport system in July 2005.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies