Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 08:35 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Unfortunately, this is correct. The more Islam kills innocents, the more normal it becomes. Does anyone remember Congress singing God Bless America after 9/11? That would be offensive today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 08:36 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Is this the same Britain who fought side by side with US Troops in the War on Terror after 9/11.
No, this is a Britain that has welcomed and coddled muslims.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:26 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times
Multiculturalism and the immigration policies in the west have had catastrophic consequences . You dont see terrorists flying airplanes into buildings and killing 3,000 people, shooting up restaurants, using trucks to mow down people , bombing children at concerts in places with very strict immigration controls like Japan, South Korea, Switzerland, Hungary, Poland etc

The truth is the Tories are like conservatives and republicans, they have done absolutely nothing on immigration and importing these killers . The Democrats need foreign immigration to win election but republicans and Tories are worthless as well on immigration foreign interventionism etc, and western liberals are just a sickness

The UK and America need a real right wing party other than some fake conservative and liberal crap, where our elites get richer while excusing endless atrocities committed by the people they imported.

Westerners might be the only people on the planet to respond to the slaughter of their own children by carrying on like nothing happened

This country had its most prosperous years from 1924 -1965 (Ted Kennedys law) with very little immigration

Last edited by floridanative10; 05-23-2017 at 09:41 AM..

Old 05-23-2017, 09:30 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
It is interesting that whenever a mass shooting at a school or wherever occurs, that the same people who have the "do something about those Muslims" reactions tend to be the ones who panic when other people have the "we need to do something about gun violence" reaction.

The reality is that there shouldn't be sides in things like these. Look at the numbers, let me decide who/what are the most dangerous threats to a nations citizens rather than being reactionary.
You beat me to it. Every one of those images in the OP could have been done the same way for gun violence in the United States.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:36 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times
I sympathize with the victims. But I find it trite for all these social media whores who have no ties or link to these places to post their stupid banners and hash tags. I get Paris, many people visit and have a love or admiration for the city. But, cities they have no tie to? They seem trite And IMO they trivialize the impact of these monstrosities.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:53 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
It's what I've been pointing out long ago.

The response by the public to these attacks is so cooking cutter and predictable.

All follow a predictable script.

After attack, place flowers and memorial at site of attack. Candlelight vigil with everyone holding hands while they sing songs of love and unity. Cathedral church service. Calls by people for unity and tolerance. Facebook profile pictures changed to Manchester Arena, "we stand with you."

Then weeks later forget about it, stick head back in sand, then go on as if nothing happened or the terrurusts will have won.

Lather, rinse, and repeat after next attack.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:24 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
It's too bad Trump didn't destroy ISIS already like he promised. I guess that makes him responsible for all these deaths and all those to come.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:37 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Basically, you are for normalizing terror. Just like car accidents are normalized. Only terror is NOT normal, because it does NOT happen at the rate and frequency in all countries. In fact, this kind of terror happens in direct proportion with the amount of people in a country who believe in the desert fairy tale of Mohammed and his flying horse. The more people who believe that nonsense in a particular area, the more terror you have to put up with. RUN THE NUMBERS.

The sheer amount of resources expended on terror prevention are astounding. Terror grinds an economy to a halt. It disrupts travel, tourism, and free movement of people the way heart disease, gang killings or even swimming pool deaths do not.

The reason why there AREN'T more terror acts, btw, is because a multi national, multi billion dollar security apparatus exists to constantly monitor, prevent and stop terror and terrorists. The list of foiled terror attacks is infinitely longer than the successful ones that get through. And there are ones we won't ever even know about for decades that were foiled.

But go on. Tell us how more Islam makes us more safe, and how we shouldn't "worry" about it. Nope. Islam is just a personal, non-political belief system like Quakerism or Buddhism. All the same, right? Well, looking at the numbers of terror acts committed PER CAPITA, I'd say there's a problem. Looking at demographics for the next 100 years.... it's going to be an even BIGGER problem. But go ahead, hug a worried hijabi today and let her know you're a "safe place" for her. Because Islamaphobia is the real thing we should be worried about. Islam is peace and love, and if you don't agree you'll make people radical because everyone knows when you radicalize peace and love you get suicide bombers.
There are any number of fallacies in your argument, but the biggest underlying fallacy is that we should all be afraid, VERY afraid; we should all be cowering in our basements because there is a 1 in a million chance that we might be involved in a terror attack. In fact, we should be SO afraid that we will do anything to feel "safe", including the implementation of a police state, meanwhile throwing all of our civil liberties into the trash bin.

You aren't the only one guilty of over-reaction to these events; you have to blame the news media too, every single outlet; Fox, CNN, CBS, NBC will broadcast and re-broadcast this event for at least the next week. Why? Because ratings and advertising dollars trump responsible journalism every single time.

So I don't buy into your basic premise, that Western civilization is in danger of imploding because of these isolated terrorist events. Americans have become so soft and skittish that we can be manipulated at will - and that's a problem. I can't imagine how we would deal with a REAL crisis these days like we had during WWII.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:03 AM

381 posts, read 277,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
I sympathize with the victims. But I find it trite for all these social media whores who have no ties or link to these places to post their stupid banners and hash tags. I get Paris, many people visit and have a love or admiration for the city. But, cities they have no tie to? They seem trite And IMO they trivialize the impact of these monstrosities.
Yes, the candlelit virgils are planned for tonight,interflora sales rocketing today,"we shall overcome" being sung nationwide",we will not let the terrorist win quotes"from politicians.Rinse,repeat ad infinitum.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Is this the same Britain who fought side by side with US Troops in the War on Terror after 9/11.
So. Big mistake on their part, isn't it? They should've minded their own business. 9/11 was on our soil, not theirs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
"Not in my backyard, so I don't care."

Selfish and ignorant (thinking it won't/hasn't spread here).
But it's not in my backyard. It DID happen over there. What are we supposed to do about it?

Will it spread here? Uhhh...9/11! Remember that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
This is a sick way of thinking.

This is the same thinking of Trump, "I will not be President for the World".

America is the top world leader and we need to work with and help defend our ally's. We do not live in a world of isolation anymore and never will.

What is to gain by attacking a concert primarily for teenagers? Terrorists train their kids to be ruthless killers. This has change the people at the concert forever, they will now look at people with suspicion, that is the goal of terrorism.
Guess I just gotta be sick then.

Help defend our allies? Lol....against what? What's in it for me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies