Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 10:24 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,623,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Again, your second paragraph has nothing to do with the point i was making. By the way, I don't really support banning head scarf of any kind. I think it is silly and counter-productive.

Quote:
But if you are saying it is only optional before puberty

you might want to read this?
I've already told you that the majority is not the problem. The fanatics make up a small percentage of Muslims and if you find and remove their leaders and inner circles, the rest will scramble.

Quote:
Plus, I've read it somewhere Muslim women are now saying that they don't want to wear head scarf anymore because Trump is now president. They don't want unwanted violence from Trump supporters.
My question is if head scarf is a requirement for their religion, then why do they choose not to wear it because of Trump?

hmmm
Trump has nothing to do with it. It depends on how religious they are and the modestly level of their community.

The head scarf and body coverage go all the way back to the Old Testament. It's a sign of modesty. Less than 10% of people from two of the Abrahamic religions actually follow it and less than 50% of Muslims follow it.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:28 AM

39,008 posts, read 27,392,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I've already told you that the majority is not the problem. The fanatics make up a small percentage of Muslims and if you find and remove their leaders and inner circles, the rest will scramble.

Trump has nothing to do with it. It depends on how religious they are and the modestly level of their community.

The head scarf and body coverage go all the way back to the Old Testament. It's a sign of modesty. Less than 10% of people from two of the Abrahamic religions actually follow it and less than 50% of Muslims follow it.
again, the ONLY reason I brought up Trump is prove the point that head scarf is optional.

I never said majority of the Muslims are the problem.

Matter of the fact, NONE of the posters has said MAJORITY of Muslims are the problem. You keep on changing the direction of this thread. I have no ideas what point you are making.

No one is blaming majority of the Muslims here.

You don't need to yell, by the way.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
And how do you know they are all men? By all accounts, the driving force behind the San Bernardino terrorist attack:

Investigators: Wife may have been driving force in deadly San Bernardino rampage | abc7news.com
Per your link:

Quote:
...it is extremely rare in conservative Muslim societies for female jihadists to take part in actual combat,...
The only country that comes to mind where Muslim Women are as bad as Muslim Men is Israel.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Per your link:

The only country that comes to mind where Muslim Women are as bad as Muslim Men is Israel.
Not everything is about Israel.

This is about UK. This said, not sure what gender has anything to do with anything. A radicalized religious nut is a radicalized religious nut.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,395,828 times
What's this thread about again?

Oh, right.....the horrible and senseless deaths of children.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Per your link:

The point most posters are making here is that Muslim should teach their children blaming foreign policy and westerners is not the answer.

Joining ISIS and other terrorist group is NOT the answer because ISIS victims are majority muslims

Got that?

Old 05-24-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
again, the ONLY reason I brought up Trump is prove the point that head scarf is optional.

I never said majority of the Muslims are the problem.

Matter of the fact, NONE of the posters has said MAJORITY of Muslims are the problem. You keep on changing the direction of this thread. I have no ideas what point you are making.

No one is blaming majority of the Muslims here.

You don't need to yell, by the way.
Re-read the thread many posts blame a large amount of Muslims for supporting it in some way. Why else would they keep on demanding that the come out and denounce it every single time an incident occurs?

FYI: All caps is yelling. Bold is used to separate responses within statements.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Re-read the thread many posts blame a large amount of Muslims for supporting it in some way. Why else would they keep on demanding that the come out and denounce it every single time an incident occurs?

Never mind.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:40 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,911,710 times
Quote:

A large number do support it or have sympathy for their actions. Thats proven by countless polls of muslims.

Muslims dont have any problems protesting against something if they feel strongly against it. We have seen this countless times. But terrorism in the name of the prophet is apparently not considered as insulting and blasphemous to the religion as other things to protest against.

The question is why this fundamentalism is so strong and the answer is found among the religious leaders (all men) in the muslim communities who see the modern world as a threat to their power, status and privileges. They will and do fight against this threat, they demonize this threat and of course radicalize millions of mostly uneducated gullible people in the process.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:41 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,391,460 times
Quote:
The majority of so called 'good Muslims' NEVER come out and denounce terrorist incidents. That's why we come to the conclusion they quietly agree with it. Either that, or they're too frightened to denounce it, because, well, they might get killed by other 'bad' Muslims. Which is it?

If it's fear, then they have to find some guts, because we're sick of their inability to stand up for what's right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies