Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 10:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The majority of so called 'good Muslims' NEVER come out and denounce terrorist incidents. That's why we come to the conclusion they quietly agree with it. Either that, or they're too frightened to denounce it, because, well, they might get killed by other 'bad' Muslims. Which is it?

If it's fear, then they have to find some guts, because we're sick of their inability to stand up for what's right.
^^^^THIS^^^^
If you don't denounce it then one must logically assume you agree,silence is no longer an option. A Million Muslim March or maybe an Allah hat march would go along way to changing perceptions I think...

Old 05-24-2017, 11:03 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Since all the fanatics in Europe are Men, why are you stuck on the clothing women wear? If we start down the road of banning clothing then we have to include Amish, Mennonite, Hasidics, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, etc...
You are mistaken. Buddhists never dictate what women should wear. Nothing. So I wouldn't go there.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
"It must be remembered that after the Norway debate in which Churchill's closing comments were: … let pre-war feuds die; let personal quarrels be forgotten, and let us keep our hatreds for the common enemy. Let party interest be ignored, let all our energies be harnessed, let the whole ability and forces of the nation be hurled into the struggle, and let all the strong horses be pulling on the collar."

Borrowed from the UK forum on city data. What we need is a Churchill.

We don't need a silly Trump who serves to divide us. Or a Hillary either. We need someone strong who isn't afraid to take the bull by the horns and DO something. Why should WE have to live in fear, look over our shoulders, curtail our freedoms, always be vigilant because we might get killed?

The Muslim fanatics need to be stopped and it seems that the reasonable Muslims are (or should be) willing to sacrifice a little bit to help. Remember, these idiotic fanatics make the good Muslims look bad. Everyone else is sacrificing their freedom little by little --you can't carry a backpack, you can't go here, you can't go there, you have to go through a huge hassle to board a plane ever since 9/11, so shouldn't the good Muslims be willing to forego things like wearing burkas (long black sacks with just slits for the eyes) and veils if it would help all of us, including them.

It's not in the Koran that women have to be covered in black from head to toe or even cover their faces. When I hung out with Muslims a few decades ago, the behavior that I saw from the men towards their wives wasn't in the Koran either, I'm sure. I read the Koran out of curiosity. Nothing about serving the men their meal at the table and then scrambling away only to come back and eat their husband's leftover scraps off the plate later on. I knew then that I couldn't be on normal, everyday terms with people like this--I couldn't condone what the men did and, as a woman, I couldn't relate to the way the women behaved either.

They need to assimilate and fit in. We all do. Let's get tough and put a stop to the divisiveness and violence.
What would banning burquas, hijabs, etc achieve?

Old 05-24-2017, 11:10 AM

746 posts, read 837,611 times
Latest AP news release says that the bombing was instigated by the torture taking place down in Gitmo. Apparently the guards were playing Ariana Grande's music on the loudspeakers non-stop.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:32 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,074,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
Latest AP news release says that the bombing was instigated by the torture taking place down in Gitmo. Apparently the guards were playing Ariana Grande's music on the loudspeakers non-stop.
She flew out of there quickly. Didn't stay to oversee the treatment of her ""fans"".

She would have gotten better PR if she would have stayed and visited the hospitals to check on her fans. Lil girl told her pilot ""yo, get that jet ready. We are out of here. YOLO! Here i come Miami Beach!""

Old 05-24-2017, 11:38 AM

137 posts, read 79,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
She flew out of there quickly. Didn't stay to oversee the treatment of her ""fans"".

She would have gotten better PR if she would have stayed and visited the hospitals to check on her fans. Lil girl told her pilot ""yo, get that jet ready. We are out of here. YOLO! Here i come Miami Beach!""
I heard she wants to pay for all the funerals , not sure how true that is though .

Old 05-24-2017, 11:43 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post

I think this is incredibly ignorant and rude. I don't blame anyone for wanting to get out of a situation where such a horrendous event had just taken place. And her MOTHER helped get fans backstage during the pandemonium that ensued following the explosion.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:47 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The point most posters are making here is that Muslim should teach their children blaming foreign policy and westerners is not the answer.

Joining ISIS and other terrorist group is NOT the answer because ISIS victims are majority muslims

Got that?
yeah, the news reported this morning that he went to the Middle East to train with ISIS.

Like I said before, it is a very very primitive culture....you cannot take their beliefs and weave them into ours...it is a culture unlike anything we've ever known and ours is the same to them.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:50 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
You are mistaken. Buddhists never dictate what women should wear. Nothing. So I wouldn't go there.
Banning all clothing is banning all clothing. No exceptions.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:56 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
We are starting to blame all Muslims in Britain for events like Manchester the other night, because the silence from the Muslim community is deafening after every evil occurrence. We are tired of your bleating of only a tiny minority carrying out such deeds. The problem you have is too many believe the Koran word for word, and this is encouraged. In fact, according to your holy book, what Muslims do to us Infidels is correct.

Rape of young Christian girls? Fine, just keep your hands off good Muslim girls. Beheading of Infidels? Carry on....... the Koran says this is ok. It is a savage ideology totally out of place in the modern world. We bomb the Middle East because crazy people are trying to take over. All Muslims understand out there is a savage dictator who keeps a lid on things. It's tribal, and democracy has no chance of taking root.

You don't speak up against the crazies in your midst, because in fact, they are good Muslims according to the Koran. You stand a good chance of being killed by a fellow Muslim if you speak out against them.

Muslims all over the world play the victim. It's always someone else's fault, never yours. Try not living in parallel societies in my country, and isolating yourselves from British people. Try working for a living, instead of living off the taxpayer. You have massive unemployment rates within the Muslim community, and that remains so even when work is easy to find. Stop thinking you are superior to the native population. Lastly, start proving you are real citizens of my country, and stop complaining about how you are treated. We hear the same cry from Muslims in every country in Europe. We are tired of you playing the victim.
I've known you for a pretty long time, and I feel the pain in this post, along with truth....I'm so sorry for what you've all been made to suffer...I'm so sorry to all those who have lost loved ones....
so sorry we're forced to live this....there are children who will never again come home to their parents...
and parents who will never hold their children again...

It's time the so called peace keeping Muslims come out and speak openly against this and start to assimilate. Keep your religion, keep your mosques, but join us in the fight. You've all left those countries to get away from it...it's time you all start denouncing this kind of violence, not only openly but also to your children. Change has to come from within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies