Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 12:01 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I think this is incredibly ignorant and rude. I don't blame anyone for wanting to get out of a situation where such a horrendous event had just taken place. And her MOTHER helped get fans backstage during the pandemonium that ensued following the explosion.
I found her statement of "I Hate Americans. I Hate America" incredibly ignorant and rude. A horrendous event where HER fans died or were maimed. The fans who for whatever reason paid money to see her sing. The least she could do was stay in the vicinity and tend to her ""cash flow..i mean fans"".

Yeah, HER MOTHER helped. This lil diva left asap. I can see 20/20 doing a segment on this diva and her experience. She will fly out to London in 2 weeks and see her fans and take pics and do a crying montage with all her fans.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:09 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I've known you for a pretty long time, and I feel the pain in this post, along with truth....I'm so sorry for what you've all been made to suffer...I'm so sorry to all those who have lost loved ones....
so sorry we're forced to live this....there are children who will never again come home to their parents...
and parents who will never hold their children again...

It's time the so called peace keeping Muslims come out and speak openly against this and start to assimilate. Keep your religion, keep your mosques, but join us in the fight. You've all left those countries to get away from it...it's time you all start denouncing this kind of violence, not only openly but also to your children. Change has to come from within.
I watched the news tonight, and more of the dead were named. Two young mothers stood waiting for their children to come out of the venue. A young girl who died, her mother and sister are in hospital badly injured. A little 8 year old girl...... Many of the injured have lost limbs, and have horrendous wounds.

I want to see the members of this so called religion of peace speak out. Not hide away as they normally do.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:13 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I watched the news tonight, and more of the dead were named. Two young mothers stood waiting for their children to come out of the venue. A young girl who died, her mother and sister are in hospital badly injured. A little 8 year old girl...... Many of the injured have lost limbs, and have horrendous wounds.

I want to see the members of this so called religion of peace speak out. Not hide away as they normally do.
The good Muslims will not reprimand the bad Muslims. I also don't expect Muslim countries to speak out against this incident.

We need to bad all religions. They are all pretty much a cult.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:21 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What would banning burquas, hijabs, etc achieve?
For one thing, that sort of garb keeps women down. In this country we try to give men and women equal treatment so it doesn't fit in with our way of life. If you have ever been to the North in the UK you will have seen huge groups of women dressed in black from head to toe with only slits for them to see through. There are entire cities nearly full of them. That sort of thing doesn't provide a good example for our young girls growing up. We preach equality--let them show some equality too if they want to live here.

Have you seen first hand the way their woman are treated by the men? I have. In no way does it fit in with our American way of life. The more enlightened and moderate Muslims need to start speaking up. One benefit to them would be that they wouldn't be lumped in with the fanatics.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
The good Muslims will not reprimand the bad Muslims. I also don't expect Muslim countries to speak out against this incident.

It took me 2 seconds to find them speaking out against it.

Manchester Arena attack: Muslim leaders condemn

Muslim leaders have condemned the suicide attack that killed 22 people and claimed that the city would not be divided by “barbaric animals”.

Mohammed Shafiq, the chief executive of Ramadhan Foundation in Manchester, said in a statement that the deadly explosion at the Ariana Grande concert was the “darkest day” in the city’s history.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1103936/saudi-arabia

Arab, Muslim leaders strongly condemn Manchester terror assault

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia on Tuesday joined Arab and Muslim world leaders in condemning the terrorist attack in Manchester, England.

An official source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a statement expressing the Kingdom’s strong condemnation of Monday’s bomb attack.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:30 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post

This is pretty much where I'm at as well. Not religious, never have been but have tried to be tolerant of other people's views as in I don't ridicule them for it like some non-believers do. But yeah, I'm pretty much done with my tolerance for Islam and not because of the terrorism but because of the way the supposed good Muslims stand by and do so very little to try and eject these 'bad' Muslims from their communities. And I'm not talking about the one or two who do some statement for the news and then move on, I'm talking the communities as a whole where they shun and shame those would do this kind of evil instead of freaking protecting them. They should be the first to be alerting authorities to possibilities of radicalism but they aren't. In fact, more times than not, we find out these supposed lone wolfs are surrounded by their communities and have publicly traveled to ISIS strongholds and/or been pretty public about their support of radical views. Yet nothing from these communities. So my tolerance of their cult is pretty much done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
For one thing, that sort of garb keeps women down. In this country we try to give men and women equal treatment so it doesn't fit in with our way of life. If you have ever been to the North in the UK you will have seen huge groups of women dressed in black from head to toe with only slits for them to see through. There are entire cities nearly full of them. That sort of thing doesn't provide a good example for our young girls growing up. We preach equality--let them show some equality too if they want to live here.

Have you seen first hand the way their woman are treated by the men? I have. In no way does it fit in with our American way of life. The more enlightened and moderate Muslims need to start speaking up. One benefit to them would be that they wouldn't be lumped in with the fanatics.
When people say they need to embrace American values and then the inevitable question comes 'what are American values'? This is it. Equality. It's an American value. Maybe not one we always accomplish but we sure as hell aren't telling American women they need to wear flipping curtains to hide themselves. I very much agree with you!

Old 05-24-2017, 12:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
This is pretty much where I'm at as well. Not religious, never have been but have tried to be tolerant of other people's views as in I don't ridicule them for it like some non-believers do. But yeah, I'm pretty much done with my tolerance for Islam and not because of the terrorism but because of the way the supposed good Muslims stand by and do so very little to try and eject these 'bad' Muslims from their communities. And I'm not talking about the one or two who do some statement for the news and then move on, I'm talking the communities as a whole where they shun and shame those would do this kind of evil instead of freaking protecting them. They should be the first to be alerting authorities to possibilities of radicalism but they aren't. In fact, more times than not, we find out these supposed lone wolfs are surrounded by their communities and have publicly traveled to ISIS strongholds and/or been pretty public about their support of radical views. Yet nothing from these communities. So my tolerance of their cult is pretty much done.

When people say they need to embrace American values and then the inevitable question comes 'what are American values'? This is it. Equality. It's an American value. Maybe not one we always accomplish but we sure as hell aren't telling American women they need to wear flipping curtains to hide themselves. I very much agree with you!
Equality? LMAO!

Seriously?

Old 05-24-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Muslim leaders have condemned the suicide attack that killed 22 people and claimed that the city would not be divided by “barbaric animals”.

Mohammed Shafiq, the chief executive of Ramadhan Foundation in Manchester, said in a statement that the deadly explosion at the Ariana Grande concert was the “darkest day” in the city’s history.

Arab, Muslim leaders strongly condemn Manchester terror assault | Arab News

Arab, Muslim leaders strongly condemn Manchester terror assault

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia on Tuesday joined Arab and Muslim world leaders in condemning the terrorist attack in Manchester, England.

An official source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a statement expressing the Kingdom’s strong condemnation of Monday’s bomb attack.
Always the same - after the fact, a few statements, and move on. This community should be shunning these radical types, not protecting them, they should be the ones who are our best informants but they're not. These radicals aren't even hiding their views or their intentions in these communities - why? Because they know they will be protected until after they've done their bad deeds and then the requisite, "it's a peaceful religion" and "we're not like this." and "don't increase the hate". Blah, blah, blah.

Dylann Roof, the guy who came to my city and murdered my fellow citizens? His friend knew. He did nothing and now that friend? He's in jail because he said nothing. If these communities continue to shelter these radicals and say nothing until afterwards, let's lock 'em up when they choose silence instead of giving warnings.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Equality? LMAO!

Seriously?
It's even codified in our laws so yes. We as a nation have grown, I hope, and while not perfect, we're sure as hell not making women walk around wearing a freaking bedsheet. Black people do not have to sit in the back of the bus. So yes, even if we don't accomplish it at all times, I do consider the pursuit of equality (better?), an American value.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:39 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

I saw him on the news. He refused to answer questions afterwards. I want to see more than a so called 'community leader', and I want to see more of it than lip service.

I watched the Albert Square Meeting on the news last night. A chance for people to gather, and show support. Muslims were thin on the ground. I did see a couple of women. The men are the ones leading the Muslim agenda. The women just do as they're told.

We need real change in Muslim attitudes here in England. Years and years of parallel societies, and massive abuse of young white girls in many towns, by Muslims.

This not something out of the blue, but a steady increase in Muslim violence, and abuse of young girls over many years. By their actions, they show no respect for non Muslims. We need to see real change in their attitudes, and a true condemning of IS, and all it stands for. Too many of their young men have gone to fight in the middle east, and are now coming back trained in killing.

We cannot allow murder to become normalised, and something we have to learn to accept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies