Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 08:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
It may be A bastion but it is not THE bastion of equality and freedom. It is completely ridiculous to believe that America is the only country which embraces equality and freedom especially when compared to other countries. We are almost always behind the curve in these categories.
Nobody says we are THE bastion of equality and freedom. We still are, however, still very much free. We lag most in social indicators because we are far less socialized of an economy, and infinitely more complex than ANY European country. All of Scandinavia has less people than Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25
Do all Americans have to answer for the **** we do to people in other countries?
Technically, yes. Because we vote in people who take actions on our behalf.

But again, you refuse to see the difference between IMMUTABLE identity and CHOSEN identity.

If I advance an ideology or religion, I absolutely must answer for others who hold and advance those same views.

But even beyond that very important distinction:

Americans don't have to answer for what other Americans do in other countries, unless they being done to advance "American-ness" (whatever that means). So if we invade a country to impose American style democracy, then yes, we should answer for those actions. Or own them. One of the other.

And ultimately, if you think what is being done in America's name somewhere is bad, then you ABSOLUTELY HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO CONDEMN IT. Because it is being done in YOUR name. If you don't disagree with it, then you have no responsibility to speak against it.

Too many Muslims want to be part of the oppressed class (speak out against, say, a hate crime against one of their own)... because THEN it's an attack "on the community".... but not part of the oppressor class (speak out when one of their own commits terror or a hate crime themselves).

Old 05-25-2017, 08:24 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
sad but true
911 was huge...huge....and yet, they forget, and the media, helped Bush, take us to war in the middle east....instead of fighting it here, securing our borders, making it darn hard for anyone from other countries to get in, instead, they opened the doors wider, and kept brain washing Americans that we are safe, and safer then before 911. Bull!

I sat and watched all this in horror and kept wondering "how stupid can Americans be?"

So, what's going to happen is eventually we will become like England...they will over run us, thank God I won't be around, but my son and grand daughter will be...

and when it starts happening here, to their own kids, then they'll wake up, only trouble is, it'll be too late.
They have been brain washed by their own leaders....

and I ask Americans again....
How in the hell can our country vet someone who comes from the dessert? Who was born in the dessert, with no birth records, no hospital, nothing but primitive living conditions. They only know what they're parents have passed onto them.

but our country tells us, they are vetting these people properly. Right!!! Grrrrrr

Old 05-25-2017, 08:25 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
The entire cell must be dismantled
The ideology from which these terrorists are based
They dream of governing the world
The first step is to spread terror and fear
Those who live in the UK have been seeing this for years. They know it, they try to spread the word to their government but it falls on deaf ears. Many of the people in the US would feel the same if they visited the North of the UK in which many cities have already been taken over. I know it may sound crazy but you would change your mind if you saw it and lived it.

Many here still have antiquated notions of England with old stone cottages with thatched roofs and happy people drinking tea in their gardens...those things still do exist in some parts, but I dare you to go to some of the larger northern cities. It's a far cry from the stereotype of England. Where there was a church, you will see a large, imposing mosque on the street corner. You won't see people dressed in clothing that is "normal" to us. That wouldn't be so bad but what does it represent.

For many, it's violence, terrorism, subjection of women, etc. We barely have any of this in the US so some here can smugly joke about it or ridicule the statements of British people who come on here and report on what it's like in England now.

I wonder how many Americans would like to go and live in northern British cities like Blackburn, Burnley, Bradford, and a few others that are similar.

And I am liberal (not far left, just moderate liberal) but I have seen what's happened first hand. And their government just tells them to stay strong and carry on! Over here we only hear about these things when it's a mass murder but smaller examples are going on all the time. Some of the European countries are starting to wake up--the British government needs to wake up, and the US could do with some alarm clock thinking as well. Or have we already forgotten 9/11.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:30 AM

20,327 posts, read 19,914,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
........Do all Americans have to answer for the **** we do to people in other countries?
Of course not.

But fortunately more and more Americans are now saying "why should we care about what other countries do to their own citizens and neighboring countries"?

If it's not in the interest of America, let them sort out their own problems and leave us out of it.

Who are we to tell them what's right?

That's one of the First World's faults. We think our way is the best for other cultures.

It's not.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:31 AM

727 posts, read 390,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The liberals have ruined America.
Party loyalty has ruined America.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:35 AM

39,216 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post

A better idea would be to severely limit bombing countries with Muslim majority. If you bomb Muslim countries, you teach second generation bombing Muslims is okay. That's why the second generation bombs even Muslims.

The first generation to the second generation:

"You should learn from us to live peacefully in this country."

The second generation to the first generation:

"Where did it get you to by being peaceful Muslims in this country?
They don't see you as peaceful; they see all of us as Muslims.

Can you see my point, in newengland?
True that, but it is only part of the answer.

why don't we teach these second generation Muslims that Muslims Are the VICTIMS of “Between 82 and 97% of Terrorism-Related Fatalities”

when they choose to join ISIS and other terrorist groups, they choose to join an evil organization that kills their own people the most!

For your information,

indonesian police launch raid as Jakarta attacks linked to Islamic State

Indonesian police launch raid as Jakarta attacks linked to Islamic State | Reuters

You are going to blame the Indonesian foreign policy too? Last time I checked, majority of the Indonisia citizens are Muslims.

Something just don't make sense, we need to be honest with each other and figure out what the hell is going on.

It looks like these second generation radicalized Muslims are misinformed, brainwashed, and misguided. Come on now

Old 05-25-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
in_newengland Those who live in the UK have been seeing this for years. They know it, they try to spread the word to their government but it falls on deaf ears. Many of the people in the US would feel the same if they visited the North of the UK in which many cities have already been taken over. I know it may sound crazy but you would change your mind if you saw it and lived it.
I know and I'm sorry, so sorry....

Quote:
Many here still have antiquated notions of England with old stone cottages with thatched roofs and happy people drinking tea in their gardens...those things still do exist in some parts, but I dare you to go to some of the larger northern cities. It's a far cry from the stereotype of England. Where there was a church, you will see a large, imposing mosque on the street corner. You won't see people dressed in clothing that is "normal" to us. That wouldn't be so bad but what does it represent.
Yup, they do...and yes, (what does it represent!)

Quote:
For many, it's violence, terrorism, subjection of women, etc. We barely have any of this in the US so some here can smugly joke about it or ridicule the statements of British people who come on here and report on what it's like in England now.
I've had it happen to me, many times, and I'm American....and if joking around doesn't shut me up, then it resorts to nastiness....Americans want to live in this protective plastic bubble, they've created for themselves called (their life) and if the media isn't reporting it, it must not be true.

Quote:
I wonder how many Americans would like to go and live in northern British cities like Blackburn, Burnley, Bradford, and a few others that are similar.
Me to, but I wonder more, what our politicians could be thinking? They want a world wide open market...which they can call Global, which is the reason for this and the terrorists know it....

Quote:
And I am liberal (not far left, just moderate liberal) but I have seen what's happened first hand. And their government just tells them to stay strong and carry on! Over here we only hear about these things when it's a mass murder but smaller examples are going on all the time. Some of the European countries are starting to wake up--the British government needs to wake up, and the US could do with some alarm clock thinking as well. Or have we already forgotten 9/11.
they have forgotten 911, or the younger ones, well, it isn't fresh in their minds....they don't care b/c they don't remember it, didn't live it....and those European countries that are starting to wake up is b/c they see it happening first hand.

Oh, when I first started writing about this, boy was I mocked....called crazy or fear mongering or even called a troll....and right now, this last bombing is fresh in their minds, but soon they will forget it to....until it happens in their home town.

I live in a dinky little town, outside of Philly. Very rural area....but the local Walmart I go to is full of Muslims now....one day I walked up to the cash register, to check out, and every single check out person wore a burka. Talk about shock????

thank you for your words.....

Old 05-25-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
True that, but it is only part of the answer.

why don't we teach these second generation Muslims that Muslims Are the VICTIMS of “Between 82 and 97% of Terrorism-Related Fatalities”

when they choose to join ISIS and other terrorist groups, they choose to join an evil organization that kills their own people the most!

For your information,

indonesian police launch raid as Jakarta attacks linked to Islamic State

Indonesian police launch raid as Jakarta attacks linked to Islamic State | Reuters

You are going to blame the Indonesian foreign policy too? Last time I checked, majority of the Indonisia citizens are Muslims.

Something just don't make sense, we need to be honest with each other and figure out what the hell is going on.

It looks like these second generation radicalized Muslims are misinformed, brainwashed, and misguided. Come on now
Agree!

I read somewhere that, the Muslim belief, is not to lie, except for their cause, which would make sense...

they are told to act like us, smile, joke around, be nice, and pretend to be us, get jobs within major politics, teachers, professors at colleges, group leaders, to infiltrate every aspect of the country. And they are doing it.

the thing is, if I were selling myself as peaceful....and seriously meant it, I would shake off the Burka, and become American, or English. But they don't and won't. I would also want my children to grow up free of the beliefs I said I left behind, and teach them differently, wouldn't you?

Yes, some speak out, but not enough....

Old 05-25-2017, 08:42 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,120,510 times
If you midget brained Trump haters could possibly comprehend anything without seeing everything through your veil of hatred and bigotry, you would understand the report states "because of fears that leaks in the U.S. media"

The Brits are concerned about the MEDIA. The LEFT WING MEDIA. The PROGRESSIVE MEDIA. The TRUMP HATING MEDIA. The LIBERAL MEDIA. Your communist loving, America hating pals and buddies in THE MEDIA.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:46 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Those who live in the UK have been seeing this for years. They know it, they try to spread the word to their government but it falls on deaf ears. Many of the people in the US would feel the same if they visited the North of the UK in which many cities have already been taken over. I know it may sound crazy but you would change your mind if you saw it and lived it.

Maybe, just maybe, we westerners are finally getting a taste of our own medicine. It was heroic when our forefathers completely overtook America from the Native Americans, the French overtook areas in Asia and Indochina and the English overtook Australia from the aborigines.

I'm not saying I'm happy about this in the least. I enjoy living in a civilized society free from war but this kind of takeover isn't unique to this period of time in humanity's history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies