Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 08:18 AM

29,485 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Could be ... but I'd wager there are far fewer lone wolves like Dylann Roof around right now than Islamic terrorists.

I think I read somewhere that only 10% of Islamic followers are radical. That is a pretty small percentage.....so.... 10% of 1.6 billion leaves a pretty sizable military. I think the combined total of all the branches of the US military are 1.4 million.

Food for thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 09:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
So what? Dylann Roof's motivation for his terrorism, was racism. That doesn't make him any less of a terrorist. He identified himself as a white, christian, male racist and that those three prior classification also contributed to his acts of terror. So if you are saying that since a subset of a religion becoming terrorists means all members of that religion should be rounded up or held responsible in some way, than shouldn't all members of Dylann Roof's race (since that was his motivation) be treated in a similar manner?

You're getting closer to the truth, but still fall into the trap of conflating religion with immutable characteristics. RACE is not RELIGION. People don't CHOOSE to be white. They CHOOSE to be Muslim and believe in fairytale nonsense.

ISLAM is an ideology. Race is not.

Now, Dylan Roof's ideology was definitely a factor. The ideology that springs forth from racism, morphs into supremacy, and ends up in terror. Imagine if he attached a God - Old Whitey the Great - to his white supremacy beliefs. Are you going to go out of your way to say, "well not every one who believes in Old Whitey the Great will be terrorists! Stop maligning the religion!"

Not all racists are violent, you see. Not all racial supremacists will turn violent. But the IDEOLOGY has propensity to cause terror. I don't see anyone shying away from attacking racism or racial supremacism as a bad belief system. We know they are bad belief systems because they make poor outcomes if adopted by a society. Just like societies who adopt Islam have poor social outcomes for religious minorities, women, LGBT and science/innovation. Can you provide an example of any Muslim-majority country that isn't a regressive hell for women, religious minorities and gay people? Of course you can't.

Islam is absolutely a supremacist religion with the goal of an eventual world-wide caliphate. Wouldn't be much of an issue but-for the fact that it is THE ONLY growing religion in the world and people like you seem to be opening the doors for its normalization and growing influence in places where religion is otherwise on the wane.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Islam is absolutely a supremacist religion with the goal of an eventual world-wide caliphate. Wouldn't be much of an issue but-for the fact that it is THE ONLY growing religion in the world and people like you seem to be opening the doors for its normalization and growing influence in places where religion is otherwise on the wane.
There is no moral superiority to "kill them all" wherever it comes from.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:33 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Liberals are going to defend Islam no matter what happens.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I think I read somewhere that only 10% of Islamic followers are radical. That is a pretty small percentage.....so.... 10% of 1.6 billion leaves a pretty sizable military. I think the combined total of all the branches of the US military are 1.4 million.

Food for thought.

It's not just the ones who are radicalized themselves, it's the embarassingly high number of Muslims in the west (especially Europe) who time and again demonstrate support for violence, jihad, killings, etc.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
It's not just the ones who are radicalized themselves, it's the embarassingly high number of Muslims in the west (especially Europe) who time and again demonstrate support for violence, jihad, killings, etc.
Very few us of have condemned our wars of choice. I've said this for years. You can't expect others to do what you will not.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:43 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
What's particularly disturbing to me is how quickly a Muslim born and raised in the West, can go from a person who's never even stepped foot in a Mosque, to a beard-wearing, fire breathing, Islamicist so quickly. Within a year they can go off the deep end and commit mass murder.

There's no way for law enforcement to catch every single one. Bottom line: we all need to get used to this because more attacks are coming; however, so long as the attacks remain relatively small like the Ariande Grande attack, they won't have a material impact on our every day lives. These Muzzies don't have a standing army that could defeat us----they are strictly lone wolves.

What terrifies me, is the thought one of these guys could get a dirty nuke and detonate it NYC, London, etc.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Very few us of have condemned our wars of choice. I've said this for years. You can't expect others to do what you will not.

I honestly don't expect Muslims to condemn the radicals. It's all platitudes and window dressing. Instead, I expect them to grow the f**** up and stop believing their desert fairy tales and join the 21st century.

I don't care about their religion. I give no deference to it, and will not respect their beliefs, or their s*** customs. Just like I don't care about Nazis or their beliefs. Because their beliefs and religion DO NOT CREATE POSITIVE SOCIAL OUTCOMES.

Of course, both Muslims and Nazis have an absolute *right* to believe and order their lives anyway they see fit in a "free society" (even though that is something that BOTH Islam and Nazism would deny to others) .... but in the end, it's GARBAGE. Understand? Absolute f******* garbage.

Been that way since 600 AD and it will be that way until the last human decides that the maybe the ramblings of an illiterate warlord WEREN'T revealed to him by GOD!

Old 05-24-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I honestly don't expect Muslims to condemn the radicals. It's all platitudes and window dressing. Instead, I expect them to grow the f**** up and stop believing their desert fairy tales and join the 21st century.
It's not going to happen by us leveling their cities.

Quote:
I don't care about their religion. I give no deference to it, and will not respect their beliefs, or their s*** customs. Just like I don't care about Nazis or their beliefs. Because their beliefs and religion DO NOT CREATE POSITIVE SOCIAL OUTCOMES.

Of course, both Muslims and Nazis have an absolute *right* to believe and order their lives anyway they see fit in a "free society" (even though that is something that BOTH Islam and Nazism would deny to others) .... but in the end, it's GARBAGE. Understand? Absolute f******* garbage.

Been that way since 600 AD and it will be that way until the last human decides that the maybe the ramblings of an illiterate warlord WEREN'T revealed to him by GOD!
Very few of the years of our existence has been spent while not at war. The excuses you use are irrelevant. You can't expect others to do what you will not do.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:55 AM

29,485 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:

And add that number to the 10% ...it is a staggeringly high number of people that want to do harm to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies