Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what do you Think?
I voted for Trump and I don't like him meeting Pope Francis 5 14.71%
I voted for Trump and I don't care him meeting Pope Francis 12 35.29%
I voted for Trump and I like him meeting Pope Francis 15 44.12%
I voted for Trump and I feel betrayed for him meeting Pope Francis 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 11:18 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,576,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
The meeting between Pope and Trump is a meeting of love and peace
Because the two have one goal: to fight global evil
The resistance of evil is one of the most sacred duties of the worldly Pope
The resistance to terrorism is at the core of President Trump's duties because he represents the American people and their vital interests
But differ in the means only
I thought the popes goal was to keep the international pedophile exchange progra...I'm sorry i mean the catholic church in business and relevance for another century before they give up dressing like sorcerers and playing with little children in naughty ways
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 11:20 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,595,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Trump's life philosophy and lifestyle could not be further from the Pope's. They are so different they might as well been meeting each other from different planets.

I saw how Melania met w/ children in a hospital, too, which was quite the spectacle being that the GOP, in this country, are trying to cut billions from Medicaid, which covers almost 50 % of poor children here in the US. Quite the farce.
Well Melania can have sympathy for sick kids in a hospital overseas since American taxpayers aren't paying for it .

Oh wait it was a hospital in Israel ! We are paying for it !

Old 05-26-2017, 01:03 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,060,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I thought the popes goal was to keep the international pedophile exchange progra...I'm sorry i mean the catholic church in business and relevance for another century before they give up dressing like sorcerers and playing with little children in naughty ways
I think that the urine of the camel is the panacea for the diseases of the mind
Pharmacies in Saudi Arabia export this medicine
The pope does not have a written text that encourages sexual abuse
The Pope agrees with all the churches in the world
And various names
On these principles
But if there are some mistakes in the Catholic Church, this is caused by people, not by ideology

Old 05-26-2017, 07:59 AM

7,868 posts, read 10,260,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You right wingers have twisted Jesus into something unrecognizable in the Bible. And nothing in Trump's behavior would suggest that he takes any biblical moral / ethical teachings seriously.
much of ( christian ) america appears to believe jesus had view more or less identical views to ronald reagan

now reagan was a good president ( in many ways ) but jesus didnt really espouse trickle down economics

Old 05-26-2017, 08:11 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,484,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I hope the cameras catch Trump trying to quote the Bible again, as in "two Corinthians".

Walk into a bar!

Old 05-26-2017, 08:12 AM

17,825 posts, read 15,486,584 times
This meeting was much ado about poo.

It was cursory, another item checked off a list, a photo op.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:46 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,219,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Personal mistakes do not reflect principles
If there are some mistakes made by some of the Catholic clergy, it does not mean that the Pope encourages them
If you validate these acts according to the Bible you should refer back and read the Gospel
If you want to verify the acts of terrorists, you should go back and read the texts of the Koran greetings to you
I'm not saying he encourages child rape; I'm saying he doesn't handle the large amounts of it that happen in his organization very well. I know everyone likes the current Pope becasue he said being an atheist is better than being a hypocrite (this is actually unbelievably condescending to atheists) and that being gay is ok, but he does not do enough to fight the child rape that happens in the church. I don't think he approves of it, but I think that he wants to avoid the bad press that comes with revealing just how much happens that we don't know about.

I don't think it's becasue he's Catholic that he does that, either. I'm not speaking ill of all Catholics. Aside from the Jews, the Catholics may be my favorite Abrahamic faith. They're basically a husk of the Roman empire and their ability to maintain incredibly archaic traditions is actually quite charming in my opinion. I like Catholics. I just don't like the hero worship of Pope Frank. He may be an iota better than the previous Pope, but he's not nearly as deserving of the praise he's getting that many have been lead to believe.

PS: Catholics do not get all of their beliefs from the Bible. Reading the Gospel will only go so far in understanding how Catholics see the world. Just pointing it out.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:05 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,484,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post

I don't think it's becasue he's Catholic that he does that, either. I'm not speaking ill of all Catholics. Aside from the Jews, the Catholics may be my favorite Abrahamic faith. They're basically a husk of the Roman empire and their ability to maintain incredibly archaic traditions is actually quite charming in my opinion. I like Catholics. I just don't like the hero worship of Pope Frank. He may be an iota better than the previous Pope, but he's not nearly as deserving of the praise he's getting that many have been lead to believe.

PS: Catholics do not get all of their beliefs from the Bible. Reading the Gospel will only go so far in understanding how Catholics see the world. Just pointing it out.

Many people don't consider Catholics Christians I personally believe they are. The Catholics brought Christianity to the masses. Heard on some radio talk show they other day a older women was wondering why Trump would even bother to see the Pope if he calls himself a Christian.

All I could to was laugh.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:36 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,060,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I'm not saying he encourages child rape; I'm saying he doesn't handle the large amounts of it that happen in his organization very well. I know everyone likes the current Pope becasue he said being an atheist is better than being a hypocrite (this is actually unbelievably condescending to atheists) and that being gay is ok, but he does not do enough to fight the child rape that happens in the church. I don't think he approves of it, but I think that he wants to avoid the bad press that comes with revealing just how much happens that we don't know about.

I apologize
I think mistakes are there and you can not deny that
Mistakes do not reflect the original Christian teachings
And also to call for the demolition of religious symbols if they have aspects of good
The Pope represents the history of Christianity in Europe
He played an important role in confronting Islam during the Middle Ages
Islam is an organized ideology with clear objectives
They are equivalent to colonial ideologies
So if the meeting had this central goal, it would be good for Europe, America and Canada as well
To face Islamic terrorism is the duty of all humankind
It is not only Trump's duty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies