Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 01:28 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
So the guy at the top is not the one with the responsibility! Got it.

The "buck does not stop here" in your world - as long as you have plausible deniability, there is no moral or ethical dilemma.

The Nuremberg Courts would disagree.
Did you even bother to read the article by Alec MacGillis?

Doesn't sound like you did, unless you are really trying to compare this whiner's NYT BS liberal bias piece of one-sided garbage to Nuremberg trials?

Go hang out on the Real Estate/Renting Forum for a few weeks & read up.

You'll learn all about how LL'ing works. Private and/or PM-wise for a large company.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:37 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I was at my Doctors' office recently, and the subject of Donald Trump came up. Turns out, she dislikes him as much as I do. She was from Queens, NY, and knew Trump all her life. She said he was a slum Lord, and ripped the tenants off buy renting them sub standard homes at ridiculously high prices, and then would evict them when they got behind. He also had crews that did work on those places and he stiffed them, causing many to go out of business.

Looks like Jared married into the right family.

My friend grew up in Arkansas...she knew Bill Clinton all of her life. She told me that Bill Clinton stuck his hand up her mothers skirt at a "Mardi Gras in Arkansas" (pronounced : Arkansaw) party. And then she told me what a pig he was and how many other women her mother told her that he tried to grab, in one way or another, that night. She also said Hillary was fine with it, because Hillary likes women.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:38 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Did you even bother to read the article by Alec MacGillis?

Doesn't sound like you did, unless you are really trying to compare this whiner's NYT BS liberal bias piece of one-sided garbage to Nuremberg trials?

Go hang out on the Real Estate/Renting Forum for a few weeks & read up.

You'll learn all about how LL'ing works. Private and/or PM-wise for a large company.
Read it before it was posted here. You are using a straw man, I did not comment on what a train wreck property mangement is.

I commented on your assertion that the people at the top are not responsible. That is what I quoted and that is what the "Nuremberg" comment refers to.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:44 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
My friend grew up in Arkansas...she knew Bill Clinton all of her life. She told me that Bill Clinton stuck his hand up her mothers skirt at a "Mardi Gras in Arkansas" (pronounced : Arkansaw) party. And then she told me what a pig he was and how many other women her mother told her that he tried to grab, in one way or another, that night. She also said Hillary was fine with it, because Hillary likes women.
Can you prove any of that? Are you OK with making assertions "based on a friend who told you something" and still expect credibility?

And the whole idea of trying to change the subject to Bill Clinton is a very transparent clumsy move.

The case against Trump goes much farther than "a friend told" me and you deny that, right?

Toss in a little homophobic jibe at the end and all is good,eh?

Last edited by shaker281; 05-24-2017 at 01:54 AM..

Old 05-24-2017, 04:57 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have pulled the doors, frame and all, including all the windows out of a rental house I had tenants that got behind in rent and didn't want to move. Who needs an eviction notice.... They moved out that night.
Cool story, bro.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:25 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,113,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I was at my Doctors' office recently, and the subject of Donald Trump came up. Turns out, she dislikes him as much as I do. She was from Queens, NY, and knew Trump all her life. She said he was a slum Lord, and ripped the tenants off buy renting them sub standard homes at ridiculously high prices, and then would evict them when they got behind. He also had crews that did work on those places and he stiffed them, causing many to go out of business.

Looks like Jared married into the right family.
No one, literally not one person, I know from NY has anything good to say about Trump. They all think he's a ridiculous joke. A dangerous, pompous, dim-witted, ridiculous joke. I'm talking people ages 25-80, from broke grad students to very very wealthy finance people; and everything in between, people in medicine, law, business, marketing, the arts, education...It has to sting when the overwhelming majority of people from your hometown and home state think you're an awful person.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:29 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Rich people ruthless? Whoda thunk.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:42 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
It doesn't change the fact that Jared is a sleazy landlord, and a no-nothing who is somehow now charged with a major portfolio in the White House. No one voted for him.
Nobody voted for Valerie Jarrett either, yet libbies were just fine with her.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
"Charles, a major Democratic Party donor, had returned late the previous year from a brief stint in federal prison after pleading guilty to 18 counts of tax evasion, witness tampering and illegal campaign donations. Back at the helm of the company, he began to shift its focus from New Jersey to New York City — and prepared to pass the reins to his son Jared, who had just received a degree in law and business from New York University."

Well that explains it. Democrats!
Having trouble staying on topic? Focus ................

Old 05-24-2017, 05:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Cool story, bro.
He is full of them, some are more entertaining than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies