Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 07:33 AM

448 posts, read 365,601 times

Advertisements

Really with all the problems we have with Islam and Muslims and this is what you post? Snowflake

Old 05-24-2017, 07:35 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Besides, Spanish is a very loud language?!? WTF??
Have you ever worked with Spanish speaking people? Many of them speak very loudly / animated especially on the phone.

We've had several Spanish RE agents in our office. This is a common trait mostly among the men. On the phone, they speak with gusto and at a level twice that of a normal conversation.

If you were around Spanish speakers you would know this happens a lot. Spanish can be loud.

BTW, my sister teaches Spanish in HS and is married to a man from Mexico. I have zero problems with and actually embrace the Hispanic language. Too bad many Americans who speak English can't be understood. But that's another subject.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:48 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Have you ever worked with Spanish speaking people? Many of them speak very loudly / animated especially on the phone.

We've had several Spanish RE agents in our office. This is a common trait mostly among the men. On the phone, they speak with gusto and at a level twice that of a normal conversation.

If you were around Spanish speakers you would know this happens a lot. Spanish can be loud.

BTW, my sister teaches Spanish in HS and is married to a man from Mexico. I have zero problems with and actually embrace the Hispanic language. Too bad many Americans who speak English can't be understood. But that's another subject.
And many English speakers "speak very loudly / animated especially on the phone." I share an office with a ton of them. So does that mean that English is a very loud language?

Old 05-24-2017, 07:51 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:

Therefore we need to yell at them in public and hit them right?

But it's okay cause I know I guy who speaks Spanish so I can say things like that...

Old 05-24-2017, 08:53 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Why should he walk away? The guy in the wheelchair kept wheeling away AND THEN COMING BACK. The guy with the camera just sat in one spot.

Why?

Because that's what the better man does. Sheesh!

Old 05-24-2017, 08:54 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
This video needs more context before I can make judgment.

Plus, CNN loves these race-baiting videos and stories for clicks.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:56 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
I flunked high school Spanish in, oh, about 1961, so I'm not qualified to comment.....

Old 05-24-2017, 09:25 AM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Maybe an uninsured illegal crashed into his car.
Nah...The guy's mad because he voted for Trump and is gonna lose his medical coverage and have his disability reduced and will have to sell his Lexus. He just learned he might have to go to Mexico for medical treatment because Canada won't let the A$$hole in the country.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:37 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,328 times
Quote:

So because the Spanish people in your office speak louder than the rest of the people in your office, Spanish is a loud language? Maybe they are just loud in general.

Spanish is not a tonal language like several Asian languages are.

And what is the Hispanic language- isn't it just called Spanish?

I grew up around Spanish speakers- most of my family speak Spanish and plenty of my neighbors spoke Spanish. I heard loud conversations as well as normal volume level conversations- just as I did when I was around English speaking people.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:18 AM

862 posts, read 1,196,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Every day all day in every major city. For being fat, for being white, for being black, for speaking another language. Most aren't recorded.
That is true. For example we lived across the street from a grocery store who after 7PM only had Muslims on their staff. After seven you can not buy beer, soda, pet food, pork & ham, bed bug spray and cigars ( but cigarettes was OK ) and unless you are with child you can not buy candy either as it's reserved for the "little ones". Most of the general public was respectful but I imagine they had their share of people who complain about it. I don't know if the store still has this policy but I have yet to see a video that was recorded at that store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies