Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 11:47 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
It is a points system.
Its called the electorate.
Uh...what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Geez. There's just so much wrong with that premise that it's better to cut our losses and move on.
There's a lot wrong with the premise of the Russian probe itself.
That premise - sour grapes.

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
I think President Trump will deliver the Israel-Pal peace deal.
Do you think the Democrats will give up looking for ways to Impeach the President once that peace deal arrives?
I think it would look very wrong for them to pursue the Impeachment of such a global legend.
President Trump's international clout would simply be too large, and investigating him would make the Dems look incredibly anti-American and somewhat anti-Peace.
I tell you what, if the Israel and Palestinians reach a two-state peace deal, I vouch that I will write my district Representative as well as Senators Cruz (born in Canada) and Cornyn, and ask them to stop any and all investigation into Donald Trump.

Fair enough?

I will note that Richard Nixon became a 'global legend' by establishing and opening up relations with Red China (as they were referred to back then), which many applauded. Didn't make any difference, however, regarding his obstruction of justice.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

I will note that Richard Nixon became a 'global legend' by establishing and opening up relations with Red China (as they were referred to back then), which many applauded. Didn't make any difference, however, regarding his obstruction of justice.
And why should it have made a difference? A good deed doesn't erase a bad deed. Didn't we all learn this in kindergarten?

Old 05-24-2017, 11:49 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Has any world leader ever been as close to Prime Minister Netanyahu?
Heck Netanyahu even speaks fondly of Jared Kushner-
When Benjamin Netanyahu Slept In Jared Kushner

And that would mean WHAT to the Palestinians other than making them believe they're playing against a
stacked deck?

Quote:
For the Dems to try taking down the savior of the Middle East, globally and domestically is not a good look, and will probably lose the Dems 2020 (if they weren't losing it to begin with).

The 'faithful' thinking Trump a savior doesn't make him one, neither does his self-aggrandizing ego.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:50 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
I think President Trump will deliver the Israel-Pal peace deal.
Do you think the Democrats will give up looking for ways to Impeach the President once that peace deal arrives?
I think it would look very wrong for them to pursue the Impeachment of such a global legend.
President Trump's international clout would simply be too large, and investigating him would make the Dems look incredibly anti-American and somewhat anti-Peace.
That is never going to happen, and one doesn't have anything to do with the other.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:50 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
And no agency found collusion.
A peace deal is merely "good"?
The more Democrats push the Trump-Russia collusion aspect in committee investigations the more they lose in 2020.
Trump gaining global legend status increases the damage.
His poll numbers are dropping here in the US. And he is not even meeting with, talking to or taking any points from the Palestinians, so how is there going to be a "deal"?

I suspect in a few weeks we'll get another "Who knew how incredible hard this would be?" statement from Trump. I would say he'd say complex, but he has has good words lately.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:51 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Some sort of magical thinking? The members of Cult 45 will believe anything.
Indeed. They thought Mexico was going to buy them a wall to cower behind.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:52 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Uh...what?
The electorate (that means voters in an election) measure your good and bad deeds.
A time-wasting Russia probe loses votes.
A time-wasting Russia probe while The President makes unprecedented world peace, loses even more votes.
Oh, and Hillary won in a landslide, according to the polls, and Obama's huge approval rating made him a great campaign advantage for Hillary in 2016......
So feel free to believe the polls.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
The electorate (that means voters in an election) measure your good and bad deeds.
A time-wasting Russia probe loses votes.
A time-wasting Russia probe while The President makes unprecedented world peace, loses even more votes.
I'm well aware how the electoral college works.

Why you think it is relevant to this discussion is beyond me.

The people cannot pardon someone for a crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies