Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 12:32 PM

33,599 posts, read 18,246,881 times

Advertisements

Dems don't want Trump to have success in anything.. no way no how.. Trump could solve 1000 problems and they would say he didn't do enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 12:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,985,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
If you dare question any actions by Trump you are labeled a Democrat, I have been called one more times than I can count, even though I am not, nor have I even been, one. That or with the truly deranged you are the enemy of the Nation because you dare question the actions of someone that has been proven to be out of their depth and has had one scandal after another attached to them since they took office barely 4 months ago and a serial Liar. Thankfully there are still more people in Congress and across the Nation that refuse to be screamed down by his rabid supporters, there may be hope for America after all.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:34 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,985,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Dems don't want Trump to have success in anything.. no way no how.. Trump could solve 1000 problems and they would say he didn't do enough.
He has not solved one problem yet. And yes, he probably should not be allowed access to several areas of the government, Classified Intelligence and the Keys to our Nukes are probably only 2 of those areas.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:28 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,679,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
^ The Russia Collusion aspect is being pushed by Democrats in House and Senate committees.
Its amazing that I need to point this out, given how blatant the focus has been.
And you guys have the internet, so you can follow all this.
And the republicans are going along with all of this 'pushing' because...???

The investigation started last year, in July, IIRC, by the FBI, which was apparently tipped off by the CIA.

You're conveniently leaving that part out.

FBI and CIA are non-partisan.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:33 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,679,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Trump could deliver the cure for cancer and Democrats would blame him for overpopulation.
Change 'Trump' to 'Obama' and 'Democrats' to 'Republicans' and you have what went on from 2008 to 2016.

How do you like it?

Old 05-24-2017, 01:34 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,499,472 times
Quote:
Do you think the Democrats will give up looking for ways to Impeach the President ...
The way you frame this begs the question ...

No one is "looking for ways ...". You make it seem like it is a contrivance on the part of people who don't like him personally or don't like his policies.

The fact is, Donald Trump is doing this to himself. Until people realize this there will be a lot of acrimony based on false beliefs. It is a false narrative.

Trump is like a man who goes off fishing by himself and comes home with a hook embedded in his hand. There is no one else to blame ... who's he going to blame, his next door neighbor? ... the cop on the corner? ... the bait shop owner?

The man or his team have brought this down upon him. If he has done nothing wrong he has no reason to oppose investigations. If on the other hand he has been duped by people like Manafort or Stone or Flynn for their own purposes let's just get this out into the open.

If however he himself has made some sort of Quid Pro Quo deal either directly or through the agency of others he should be made to answer for it. He would be culpable whether or not he had won the election. The election results really do not matter in this case, these types of crimes would be serious offences by anyone, you or I included, and his campaign would have been investigated even if his address were not 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:37 PM

29,230 posts, read 22,482,021 times
Quote:
I think President Trump will deliver the Israel-Pal peace deal.
Do you think the Democrats will give up looking for ways to Impeach the President once that peace deal arrives?
I think it would look very wrong for them to pursue the Impeachment of such a global legend.
President Trump's international clout would simply be too large, and investigating him would make the Dems look incredibly anti-American and somewhat anti-Peace.
The independent investigator has a mandate to investigate the Russian connection. Neither party can stop it now by itself, and the committee is bi-lateral. Only the committee has the power to stop the investigation.

It could happen, but don't expect it to happen soon; these investigations go wherever the evidence leads, and others have lasted a long time- years- while some have lasted only a few months.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,887,979 times
Quote:
I think President Trump will deliver the Israel-Pal peace deal.
Do you think the Democrats will give up looking for ways to Impeach the President once that peace deal arrives?
I think it would look very wrong for them to pursue the Impeachment of such a global legend.
President Trump's international clout would simply be too large, and investigating him would make the Dems look incredibly anti-American and somewhat anti-Peace.
Democrats are the minority and have no power.

No shortage of Republicans who have demanded an investigation.

I cannot imagine the House voting to impeach Trump, come what may.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:41 PM

68,364 posts, read 54,592,516 times
Quote:
You're mixing up conservatives with Republicans, but I'm done trying to explain the distinction.

Trump voters aren't worried about, scared or frightened of the investigations. However, we are aware of what Democrats are trying to do with the investigations. That we are concerned about. Democrats want to jam Trump up, pure and simple.

This is all about 2018. It's all power politics. They don't care if an investigation takes out Hillary...in fact that would probably be a relief. They don't care if it incriminates Obama...he's not president anymore so gives a flying fig. I'm sure they don't expect Trump to be impeached. All they have to is play this out for the next year, using their leakers in the Oval Office, and with any luck they'll win the House in 2018.

IF Trump gets jammed up it will be his doing. purely and simply.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:43 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,134,642 times
Quote:
Trump voters aren't worried about, scared or frightened of the investigations. However, we are aware of what Democrats are trying to do with the investigations. That we are concerned about. Democrats want to jam Trump up, pure and simple.
You do understand that many republicans have spoken up about this too, right? It's not just all democrats involved with this.

Jim Comey is a republican. Senator Bill Burr, co-chair of the intelligence committee leading the Trump-Russia investigation, is a republican. Robert Mueller, special counsel leading the DOJ investigation, is a republican.

Most of the people at the very top of this entire Trump-Russia investigation are republicans, yet you keep wanting to scream "democrats this, democrats that."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies