Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 07:04 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
It's the low information supporters of trump who are being misled and continue to be misled. The sane ones like me have always knew this crap behind the pudding with these so-called repeal and replace. The republicans could have earned the grace and admiration from everyone had they come together with the democrats to fix and improve Obamacare....but no, Ryan has to be the big guy with the big balls with his NEW plan. All this republican replace bills will just end up killing a lot of the low information poor people who voted for trump in the first place. Bigly sad.
I agree with this. They are so hellbent on removing, or replacing everything Obama did. They don't care who it hurts, just replace everything the hated Obama had his name on.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:09 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Say it with me:

Access to insurance is NOT access to healthcare. Access to insurance that you cannot afford to buy or use is NOT access to health care.

Repeat as needed.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
No, we have money to pay out of pocket.
I'm pretty sure not all of Trump supporters will have money to pay out of pocket, especially for very expensive procedures and expensive test. they are all not rich or wealthy, and I'm sure he have lots of poor people supporting him as well.

Last edited by ipaper; 05-24-2017 at 07:29 PM..

Old 05-24-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Speaking as a Republican, I don't like ACA and I don't like this bill either. Quasi-government insurance is terrible and this bill is replacing terrible with another version of terrible. So either go full free market or full government but this quasi crap always causes more problems than it solves. If, and I know Democrats love this idea, you go full government a la single payer or universal type healthcare then you need to change the tax policy to support it like in Europe which means dumping the most progressive income tax in the world (ours) in favor of a regressive tax policy (like Europe and Scandinavia). I'm more in favor of a full free market solution myself.
Good point.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:24 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Say it with me:

Access to insurance is NOT access to healthcare. Access to insurance that you cannot afford to buy or use is NOT access to health care.

Repeat as needed.

Oh boy, you brought critical thinking..................

Wait for lefties heads to explode...

Old 05-24-2017, 07:28 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
No, we have money to pay out of pocket.
Like many working class areas, my rust belt hometown (in a formerly blue state) voted overwhelmingly for Trump. They hoped he'd bring back all those great manufactering jobs that flew out of the country years ago. Decent jobs with benefits in that area are long gone and they aren't coming back. These are hard working people who happen to be suffering in this global economy. Most are getting subsized ACA insurance or the expanded Medicaid the Republican governor decided to accept. Those Trump voters don't have dick to pay anything out of pocket and they are the ones who will suffer under his new garbage plan. They voted for him because they belived he cared about them and wanted to help make their lives better but instead he's handing them this giant kick in the balls. MAGA, my ass!

Last edited by detshen; 05-24-2017 at 07:39 PM..

Old 05-24-2017, 07:42 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I bet a chunk of those are illegals.
Illegals were never able to buy on the exchange for subsidies.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:46 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Like many working class areas, my rust belt hometown (in a formerly blue state) voted overwhelmingly for Trump. They hoped he'd bring back all those great manufactering jobs that flew out of the country years ago. Decent jobs with benefits in that area are long gone and they aren't coming back. These are hard working people who happen to be suffering in this global economy. Most are getting subsized ACA insurance or the expanded Medicaid the Republican governor decided to accept. Those Trump voters don't have dick to pay anything out of pocket and they are the ones who will suffer under his new garbage plan. They voted for him because they belived he cared about them and wanted to help make their lives better but instead he's handing them this giant kick in the balls. MAGA, my ass!
^^^^ yep, pretty much.

Trump NEVER understood healthcare. He said in the campaign he "had" (as in, already thought out) a plan, that would be "great" insurance, etc. He wouldn't provide details, becuase he had no such plan. Now, he says "Who knew it was so complicated?" Well, that would be everybody in this country except for Trump and the rest of the 1% top income earners who have no clue what they rest of the country has to contend with every day.

Last edited by CrowGirl; 05-24-2017 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: fix typos

Old 05-24-2017, 07:46 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
Under the tRump budget, all the poor and the elderly have to do to MAGA, is to die quickly (and as cheaply as possible!) ASAP!

Old 05-24-2017, 07:52 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We should not be talking about this, trump campaigned on it, because obama failed over 8 years to provide his promise....

Do you expect him to have anything done in 130ish days with the obstructionist left?
Oh my goodness. I don't think the problem is obstructing democrats. They don't have the votes to obstruct anything.
The Republicans are screwing this up all on their own!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies